It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My album just launched, I'm anxious for honest opinions.. links in the post

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You can hear it for free along with tons of extra stuff including several tracks from the second album I'm working on at ReverbNation

The album is called Friction, it's officially on Amazon and iTunes as well

You can listen to it all for free on my reverbnation account in full quality.. if you DO like it, I hope you consider buying it
... if you don't, PLEASE provide some constructive criticism below.. it would help me..

I'm paying for all the release and marketing out of my own pocket and just spent $850 on my car today. so I'm really hoping I have invested my time somewhat wisely .. any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I clicked on the play button on the video box...is that the correct link?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm down to hear some new music!

How'd you go about getting it on iTunes and amazon? Im an independent musician and would like to do that too.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I clicked on "Songs", there are 5 different ones listed.
ETA More than 5 songs and yes, the videos appear to be the same music. My screen is small and my eyes are tired.

edit on 22/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

It has a nice sound, well produced and put together. Sounds good to me.
Good luck!

If I have one criticism it's that some are a bit short or perhaps they sound short because they don't really lead anywhere. Kind of intro-like, if that makes sense. Nice and spacy sounding though and definitely plenty of talent there.

edit on 22/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

edit on 22/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a toy called earth is freaking rad. im jamming some solo riffs to it and it sounds dope! What did you use to record? ableton?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

very chill man. Love the ambient electronica. If you really want some input, my only suggestion would be to mix in some beats to move it along a bit. But it's very good and I dig it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Those are some nice tracks you have there. I especially liked De-Unified Theory and Oddity. What sort of programs do you use to create your music? I have several versions of FruityLoops XXL Producer Edition that I play around with myself, but I am always curious to know what software others are using. I wish you a lot of luck getting your music out there, and I will keep an eye on your ReverbNation page for when you post more tracks!

~V

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I clicked on the play button on the video box...is that the correct link?

Yes that's one of the songs
there's a player above that with 5 songs listed, but you can click to expand that .. there's over 20 songs up there =)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afraidnomore
I'm down to hear some new music!

How'd you go about getting it on iTunes and amazon? Im an independent musician and would like to do that too.

There's many ways to do it .. I've used several servicesi n the past .. ( TuneCore, WaTunes, CD Baby and Reverb Nation ) ..

Overall I prefer ReverbNation because you get more services .. you can link your facebook fan page, twitter account and other social networks so that when you post a song it gets sent out to all at once. You can create an iPhone app with them, you can distribute to over 40 online stores including itunes and amazon.. It's a pretty simple process! once your music is complete you sign up for a distribution package which is about $49 per year .. you upload your tracks ( preferably in wav format ) .. upload your artwork and simply click submit! in about four weeks time you'll start showing up in stores..

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

It has a nice sound, well produced and put together. Sounds good to me.
Good luck!

If I have one criticism it's that some are a bit short or perhaps they sound short because they don't really lead anywhere. Kind of intro-like, if that makes sense. Nice and spacy sounding though and definitely plenty of talent there.

edit on 22/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

edit on 22/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

Thanks - I do tend to keep the music short because I don't do vocals ... I'm actually working on another album now and the tracks are all longer than these .. I have released a lot of music in the past but I pulled most of it and I'm starting fresh. I often get told that my music sounds like the score to a movie, or a video game .. I don't mind that one bit.. I like creating atmosphere with sound.. but without lyrics, it risks getting redundant if it goes too long .. my early works used to actually be considerably shorter!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
a toy called earth is freaking rad. im jamming some solo riffs to it and it sounds dope! What did you use to record? ableton?

ATCE was recorded in logic studio on my mac but actually mixed on a PC using my old go-to favorite Acid 6 .. I tend to record at home and then work on mixing while I'm at work over lunch .. works out pretty great! I use dropbox and just have my project files synchronized so when I save out the individual tracks, they are at home waiting for me when I get back

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by Donahue

very chill man. Love the ambient electronica. If you really want some input, my only suggestion would be to mix in some beats to move it along a bit. But it's very good and I dig it.

Thanks! my upcoming work is going to be a bit more aggressive.. if you like my facebook page ( linked on the site ) you'll see the instant I post tracks

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply on reverbnation, will check it out.
Your music is cool beans!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaehne

Those are some nice tracks you have there. I especially liked De-Unified Theory and Oddity. What sort of programs do you use to create your music? I have several versions of FruityLoops XXL Producer Edition that I play around with myself, but I am always curious to know what software others are using. I wish you a lot of luck getting your music out there, and I will keep an eye on your ReverbNation page for when you post more tracks!

~V

I saw you added me as a favorite, looks like you use ReverbNation as well
I need to check out your stuff..

I used to use FL Studio a long time ago, I still occasionally pop in for electronic drum loops because it's a very simple interface for that kind of thing.. I then started using Acid Professional for a long time, still use that for mixing quite often.. I used protools on the mac for a while but I just never got into it .. now I'm settled into logic studio .. My favorite band ( Nine Inch Nails ) uses it and when I read about that, I decided to check it out .. it's a very powerful software!

Logic has a tool called "Main Stage" .. it's designed to help with live performance, check this out ..

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afraidnomore
Thanks for the reply on reverbnation, will check it out.
Your music is cool beans!

No problem! When you get situated, add me as a favorite and I'll add you back ...
edit on 3/23/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I just posted a new track that features more piano work .. certainly less dark ( as in not dark at all )

"Fantom"

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I was looking for a track to show you what I can't really put into words but got distracted and wasn't sure if it was really what I was trying to illustrate either. The main thing is though, you seem to be creating soundscapes and imho as a fairly large fan of certain "spacy artists" (for want of a better description) one thing they don't do is keep it under 4 minutes unless it's a fast/up-tempo track. The longest piece of "electronic" I have is something like 20 minutes long. What I missed in your tracks (apart from the shortness) was change of some kind. Most of what I refer to above also has no vocals either. I don't like NIN from what I've heard (admittedly not much apart from the Quake 2 music plus that free album they put on internet I since deleted) but I think longer tracks would benefit what you are trying to get across. I really can hear it but it is destroyed by its brevity. I like to space out but it's hard to do in 2 minutes plus and I think you will notice that if you ever play live.

It's a completely different genre but if you have the time and interest listen to this for a little hint of what I'm trying (probably badly) to get across.

www.youtube.com...

Ignore the fact that there are samples but focus more on the changes to give it a more varied sound. Even if you only go from 2 or 3 changes in a track, it makes it more interesting and lets you pad it out more.

If I had money I would buy some of yours, if it was longer. I think live you would also do quite well, but again, only if the tracks were longer. You really do have talent.
Keep it up.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Oh dear, I hope that you do not judge me too harshly by what you hear, lol. The tracks I have uploaded there are fairly old and unfinished. I just felt that I should have at least something uploaded. I have heard many good things about Logic and I have always wanted to give it a try, but I know myself. No matter how great a new program is, I always end up just going back to FL. It is so easy to use I just cannot help myself. XD

And I can honestly say that out of all of the concerts I have attended, that Nine Inch Nails was by far the most inspiring show I have ever been to.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Just wanted to say I gave it an honest listen. Unfortunately it just wasn't my style. It wasn't bad, it just didn't have the components I look for in music. I am sure there are people out there that will love it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join