It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

188 earthquakes the tilting axis and pole reversal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
okay so a thought just occurred to be tho it involves some thoughts that have been brewing in my head for some time

i was watching this video

having trouble getting the video to work... heres the link tho
www.youtube.com...

it shows a media article that says chili earthquake altered earths axis, shortened days

so lets assume that all major earthquakes have this ability to alter the axis and shorten the days...

now lets assume that this has been happening for the last 2000 years, or 5000 years or all of history

the important thing is it's been happening since the modern calendar

we already have a leap year to account for the slight discrepancy between days in a year

but wouldnt this have been for the days of 2000 years ago (when the leap year was added)

if major earthquakes shorten days, even by seconds, wouldnt this have added up after thousands of years?

anyways ive been noticing lately that the sun seems to be rising and falling pretty early for this time of year, has anyone else noticed the same? i think it was pas 8pm and the sun still up, is this normal for mid march?

a video of the inuit people comes to mind, claiming that the sun has been rising in a different position on the horizon recently, and that the 40 days of darkness ended something like 3 days early last year
edit on 22-3-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This seems to be the hot topic tonight........

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
This seems to be the hot topic tonight........

I know...makes me want to take that poor horse to the barn for a rest....

Des

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yeah I hear about the sun rising 3 or 4 days early in greenland,

but I've yet to hear a definitive explanation for it..although this seems to fit.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIlluminatedOne

but I've yet to hear a definitive explanation for it..although this seems to fit.

Was it not due to the landscape it was viewed against had changed because of melt lowering the horizon?
edit on 22-3-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Was it not due to the landscape it was viewed against had changed because of melt lowering the horizon?

Perhaps, I didn't mean that there wasn't an official explanation, i was just stating I've yet to hear it

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Perhaps, I didn't mean that there wasn't an official explanation, i was just stating I've yet to hear it

No I was not having a go at you or being clever - In fact it was because of what you said that my response came to mind IE You prompted me but I am not saying that I am right that is why I added a question mark on the end of my post

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

No worries, no offense taken

Although that does seem to be a compelling answer, i think i saw a documentary clip of a native to the area, saying something like the stars are actually in different places because they used them to travel, and that it was because of an axis shift.

But that's just speculation as of right now.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by artistpoet

No worries, no offense taken

Although that does seem to be a compelling answer, i think i saw a documentary clip of a native to the area, saying something like the stars are actually in different places because they used them to travel, and that it was because of an axis shift.

But that's just speculation as of right now.

The natives or first nations peoples do seem to notice these things you speak of - they tend to be more familiar or in touch with their environments and changes occuring

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
hey OP, the stars are right where they are supposed to be....you can sleep, its ok!!

top topics

join