It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i stop an ATS page to automatically refresh ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hello,

i have a little problem with one of the ATS pages. The live headlines page refreshes automatically approximately every minute so the screen goes blank for 2 seconds. How can i stop it from doing so ?
It is annoying, when reading a headline or clicking on a thread, while it is refreshing. Similar to when you write on a piece of paper and the paper is pulled away.

Has anyone an idea, how i could solve this problem ?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Do you have problems loading other pages? Perhaps check and see if there are any updates that need to be done. Check your browser to see if the setting are all good. Try another browser.

I used firefox for years but then some upgrade made the browser totally useless and i changes over to Chrome.
I had similar problems but a new browser fixed them all

Hope this helps

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
firefox www.mydigitallife.info...
IE www.brighthub.com...
hope this helps

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

i don't think its a browser problem. the live headline page worked fine (updating new threads, without refreshing the page) till there was this problem which lasted about 1 day. The problem got fixed by the ats crew, but now they changed something in the programming so it is different now. maybe someone from ats could change it back to like it was before the "repairing".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The New Topic Firehose does this too, making it impossible to read through because the refresh keeps taking you to the top of the page. Over the past few weeks there has been a couple of threads about it and PMs to management, but unfortunately nobody has responded.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

yes, that probably is the same problem. when ats repaired this function, they must have changed the programming. i sent a complaint, asking if they could change it back, like it was before.
now, all we can do is hope and wait.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Im using IE9 and it does not do that for me nor does the firehouse.
Sorry, Im no help....
edit on March 22nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i am using chrome, but it was ok with chrome before the problem occured. could be another hint that the programming was changed to repair these pages.
do you know the person which repaired the pages about a month ago ? because the live headline page updated itself without refreshing, maybe this person can change it again.
the problem started when the pages were down, i made thread about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ill keep an eye on this tread,im really getting fed up with it to.had considered leaving my account over it.its really ennoying. and i cant stop it from hapening,it is to frequent.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

yes, it is really annoying, isn't it ? a couple of times during the day, i get this little frustrating, dissapointing "kicks". and it was so good before, with new threads adding and the minutes changing when a thread was posted. buuuuhuuuuuhuuuu.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

a couple of times?lol,i cant get to quater of a line of tread titles on the hose when it hapens and changes everything around.so i have to go back to the top .and it hapens again,,its not funny anymore.perhaps a conspiracy?lol,joke aside ether its fix or i am out.its that bad.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Sorry, Im no help....

Actually, you could help by moving this thread to the "Board Business & Question" area where staff would see it, if you think that is an appropriate action.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

weird, for me it refreshes at 3 minute interval atm. is this changing ? because i thought it was at a 1 minute rate this morning.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst
ill keep an eye on this tread,im really getting fed up with it to.had considered leaving my account over it.its really ennoying. and i cant stop it from hapening,it is to frequent.

why would you leave ATS over this? there are plenty of ways to view threads

Originally posted by dainoyfb

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Sorry, Im no help....

Actually, you could help by moving this thread to the "Board Business & Question" area where staff would see it, if you think that is an appropriate action.

I cannot do that. This is not a forum I moderate and the OP has sent in a complaint. Only SO can really address this, as he coded the board

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

what ways do you think of ? imo, live headlines is the best page, you can see every new thread when its posted. so i don't miss any while i am logged in.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

what ways do you think of ? imo, live headlines is the best page, you can see every new thread when its posted. so i don't miss any while i am logged in.

RECENT POSTS is what I use

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

i use this feature, too, but only when on live headlines nothing shows up for a longer period of time.
i get the impression, the guy who repaired the pages used a short term solution to make pages work again, but didn't continue afterwards.
btw, i asked you in an earlier post, if you know the programmer. maybe you could sent him/her a message ? you are our only hope atm.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

i use this feature, too, but only when on live headlines nothing shows up for a longer period of time.
i get the impression, the guy who repaired the pages used a short term solution to make pages work again, but didn't continue afterwards.
btw, i asked you in an earlier post, if you know the programmer. maybe you could sent him/her a message ? you are our only hope atm.

recent posts page is current and live time. you just need to hit "refresh" on your browser

you have already filed a complaint and it was received and i linked this on your complaint and made to the attention of admin. the "programmer" is the owner of ATS

im sure when he is able, he will look into it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

thank you greeneyedleo,i actually like it better.lol never before i wondered into it.lol goes to show. i have been sold again, im staying.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have the same problem with Firefox 11.0,
When on the "New topic fire-hose", I'll open the topic I want to read in a new window,
and when I close it the page has refreshed and I can't find the topic I was going to read next....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join