It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German men not allowed to pee standing up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

German men told they can no longer stand and deliver
By Kate Connolly
(Filed: 18/08/2004)

German men are being shamed into urinating while sitting down by a gadget which is saving millions of women from cleaning up in the bathroom after them.

The WC ghost, a �6 voice-alarm, reprimands men for standing at the lavatory pan. It is triggered when the seat is lifted. The battery-operated devices are attached to the seats and deliver stern warnings to those who attempt to stand and urinate (known as "Stehpinkeln").

"Hey, stand-peeing is not allowed here and will be punished with fines, so if you don't want any trouble, you'd best sit down," one of the devices orders in a voice impersonating the German leader, Chancellor Gerhard Schroder. Another has a voice similar to that of his predecessor, Helmut Kohl.

The manufacturers of the WC ghost, Patentwert, say they are ready to direct their gadgets at the British market.

Their prototype English-speaking WC ghost says in an American drawl: "Don't you go wetting this floor cowboy, you never know who's behind you. So sit down, get your water pistol in the bowl where it belongs. Ha, ha, ha."

They also plan to copy the voices of Tony Blair and the Queen.

So far 1.8 million WC ghosts have been sold in German supermarkets.

But Klaus Schwerma, author of Standing Urinators: The Last Bastion of Masculinity? doubts whether it will ever be possible to convert all men.

"Many insist on standing, even though it leads to much marital strife," he said.

In German, the phrase for someone who sits and urinates, a "Sitzpinkler", is equivalent to "wimp".
Telegraph UK

Coming soon to the UK! I can see this, maybe. Men should use the urinal, and not make a mess for cleaning personnel. But Tony Blair or the Queen's voice yelling at me while I urinate, may be a little much

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
OMG!!! That is hilarious! Thank you for posting that, I needed a good laugh. I'm curious to know the reactions ... men vs. women!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
c'mon lads FIGHT THE SYSTEM!! aim for the seat and show em what your made of...

In all realness, If I go to a public toilet and lift up the seat, nothing is more likely to put off my aim that the voice of the queen saying "please would one refraine from peeing on ones seat...." it'll be messy, I'm telling you!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I can think of no invention that would make a stinking mess of a public urinal quicker than this ridiculous piece of trype.

I can also not aim!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Talk about a stupid idea. This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Huuuularious! The only time I could see this invention being useful is in public uni-sex bathrooms. Otherwise...ready...aim...fire!!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
errr...or the women could just have more of a mess to clean when guys decide to piss standing up with the seat down.

There's always options.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Where'd they get this idea from? The French?
We all knew that they've become a bunch of pansies, but...
I talked with a woman on time and she said she'd rather use the men's restroom than a woman's. I wonder why? Those were her words, not mine.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Where'd they get this idea from? The French?
We all knew that they've become a bunch of pansies, but...
I talked with a woman on time and she said she'd rather use the men's restroom than a woman's. I wonder why? Those were her words, not mine.

So if white, Christian women were cleaning bathrooms, you wouldn't make a mess?

[edit on 22-9-2004 by intrepid]

Aw intrepid! I really wanted people too see what a sick, asinine, comment he posted! We need to know who these people are on ATS.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by curme]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have to say, my response to the device would probably be to piss on it.

Speaking of being p****d off, I hate it when I get judgemental looks from other men when I use the handicapped stall.

If it's empty, and there's a line, why not?

The other day, I was sitting in a handicapped stall (the only one open when my turn came) and someone outside (not in a wheelchair, or with crutches or anything) said to me, "When you come out of that stall, you'd better be handicapped."

I flew into a rage and shouted back "If you are still out there when I come out, YOU'RE gonna be handicapped!"

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Speaking of being p****d off, I hate it when I get judgemental looks from other men when I use the handicapped stall.

If it's empty, and there's a line, why not?

haha! Agreed. If I don't see disabled people about I'll use the stall, why not? I don't think about 10 people in wheel chairs are suddenly going to come flying to the stall in need of the facilities.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Urm, speaking from experience, women don't have a monopoly on tidiness. I think some of them don't want to sit on the dirty seat (why they don't just use paper to cover it, I don't know) so they "hover" and leave a bad mess for the next in line.

Just wanted to be fair about this.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There will always be some people who get back by bypassing the system. Men can just stand on the seat but I don't know if that would improve tidiness. If this became routine, I wonder how many guys would slip and fall in. Now that would be funny to see guys walking around with a dripping wet pants leg. I think a sexy female voice would get a whole lot more compliance instead of the queen.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
If you hit her between the eyes, she'll strip for you!

Originally posted by Klepto

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I recently worked in an American company with a group of at least 200 supposedly college educated adult men. The restroom had two stalls and three urinals. The amount of urine on the walls around the urinals on a daily basic was unbelievable, the seats of the toilets were usually covered in large droplets of urine.

Go figure ...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thats disgusting, who the f*** pees standing up. Unless you have one of those toilets that are attached to the wall designed specifically for standing.

There were some retarded individuals in high school that peed standing up on the regular toilets as seen by the image posted by klepto.

new topics

top topics

join