It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Education(?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I would love this type of learning, he grabs their attention and opens they're eyes to reality whilst rhyming. I'v always liked AKALA's flow, he brakes the tiny barrier between rap and poetry, he really is a next level intellectual lyrics. The kids really are like...wow.

Imagine if the hiphop/rap culture youth listened to this? I doubt very much that we would have all the badness we have today.

edit on 21-3-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have a friend who also delivers her poetry like this, kind of in the 'spoken word' form as she calls it. I think he delivers a great message
Awesome post!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This guy is awesome.

I had to go to an inner-city school for most of my school years then I had the luck to move to the suburbs in my mid teens.

The inner city classes were seriously like most "ghetto" high school movies. Most people would think they were exaggeration unless they lived it. Poverty and uneducation creates crimes. Sure, it is no excuse but people ARE a product of their environment

The inner city school (Cleveland Public School District) was literally falling apart. Half of the windows were broke and some classes didn't even have enough desks for all of the students. The punishment for bad behavior was called ROR (right of removal) in which you were sent to sit in a 4 foot wide old elevator hallway. While in this, you learned nothing and couldn't do any work.

There were at least one fist fight everyday (NO exaggeration). All of the text books were vandalized, falling apart and many YEARS old. You had to share some of the text books because there wasn't enough for everybody.

The kids pretty much ran the school. There was no real punishment for your actions. The typing class I took was absolutely a have fun and talk class. Everyone just put on rap music and did whatever they wanted the whole time.

NO amount of funding would have helped the school. It was the kids attitudes, no one wanted to learn because no one cared about them. They had no respect for the staff. But this was all because of the ghetto environment. And of course not everyone acted this way but 95% of the school did.

Then I moved into the suburbs.

I was literally SHOCKED. The books were new, none had cuss words and penises drawn in them. People didn't run down the hallway screaming cuss words as loud as they could. There was maybe 1 fist fight all year. The kids actually listened to the teachers and didn't talk the whole class.

It was like night and day. I was literally lost for awhile.

I'm so glad my parents could afford to move. If I would have stayed in the Cleveland schools I probably would be nearly retarded and in jail.

new topics

join