It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, what makes you happy to be alive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that we could use some more Love and positive thoughts both here on ATS and in the world at large so lay it on me: what makes you happy to be alive?

Big, small, people, places, feelings, I want to see it all. Check your pessimism at the door and let it rip!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That we are One, and i Love you all so very very much!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The moment when, while working on a big repair or project on a car, you switch the ratchet over from loosening to tightening for the first time, meaning that you have finished the repair and it is time to put everything back together and enjoy a cold beer.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Yeah nice thread man, you can get consumed by the doom and gloom sometimes. I know this will be cliche but my kids man! They make me smile everyday! I have 3 of the little rascals and it's so much fun! I have a 6 year old a 2 year old and a 4 month old. I'm smiling right now thinking about em!

Thanks S+F for you.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

One of the best! My wife and i have been trying for several years to conceive without success; within the last couple of weeks we finally got an answer as to why and the great docs think they fixed it.

Here is to hoping!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Sorry to hear that dude! Now I feel bad again, like I was gloating.
Glad that you have had some good news though and at least you can have loads of fun practicing!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Not at all, no worries! And like you said, the practice ain't too bad!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Had an incredible moment today.

One of my students struggles with SEVERE ADHD. He could not focus enough to color a simple picture.

Two weeks ago I tested his reading level. He scored poorly, couldn't read a level A book (I see a dog. I see a cow. That is level A)

He started his medicine last week. The change is amazing.

Today, he read a level D book. When he finished, my whole class applauded. The look on his face- priceless.

I love teaching.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Awesome! A great teacher can make such a difference in kids' lives. I just recently reconnected with one whom had a lasting impact on mine.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Yeah and when it finally does happen (which I'm sure it will), imagine the joy your going to have! And you will appreciate it even more! Oh and let me share this with you, during my youth I got around quite a bit
and I was rather irresponsible! I never used protection! For years I thought I was a dud! Multiple girls, multiple times and nothing! I honestly thought I was seedless or something! Now look at me!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
hmm interesting thread idea

I'm thankful for being given the chance to experience this consciousness at all.

If you think about it, the chances of us being alive at all is nearly impossible.

each one of our parents had to meet, each one of our sperm had to be the first to penetrate the egg.

and that had to happen for every generation of our family since the start of the human race (and possibly before then) in order for us to have been born.

its truly a gift,

i'm also thankful for my wonderful girlfriend, my dog, my family, and educated, skeptical, intellectual and intelligent people like the ones here on ATS!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What makes me happy to be alive is, not being dead.

Not trying to be a smart-ass..

But when I think of the countless billions of people who have died (with or without injustices), then I count my blessings that I get to wake up each day..

Even if it is waking up to the freak show that is Planet Earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Wow what a treat that must have been! That's why i'd like to be a teacher.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRamblinRose

Wow what a treat that must have been! That's why i'd like to be a teacher.

Pay sucks and the hours are lousy, but those fringe benefits are pretty spectacular...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow. I feel like an idiot, because it took me far too long to think of a response. With the state of our world right now, It's hard to not let it bring me down. Maybe I spend too much time on ATS reading about the end of the world, economic/financial crisis, corruption..
I think I need to write a gratitude list or something, but I guess the one thing I am happy to be alive for, is in a sense, to be apart of the wakening of the world - the consciousness of people, the unity and the initiative to stand up against these mongrels and fight for your rights.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Happiness:

My son's laughter
Summer thunderstorms
The sound of crickets
Catching fireflies
Fresh cornbread
A snuggling cat
Backrubs
Moonlight through the trees

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

indeed, that's why i'm thinking about being a college professor

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
...to be apart of the wakening of the world - the consciousness of people, the unity and the initiative to stand up against these mongrels and fight for your rights.

Awesome! 2012 is shaping up to be one heck of a year is it not?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRamblinRose

I work with young children now but my ultimate goal is researching brain-based learning and teach college classes.

Just gotta finish that dissertation and cough up several thousand.

Good luck to you- teaching is often a thankless job but helping anyone reach a goal more than compensates.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join