It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Molotov Cocktails Thrown At Democratic Texas State Senator Wendy Davis’ Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Texas State Sen. Wendy Davis’ office was firebombed with at least one Molotov cocktail on Tuesday, causing no injuries, the Star-Telegram reported.

Police in Fort Worth, Texas, are searching for the arson suspect, who escaped despite being chased by a maintenance man who witnessed the attack. Police suspect the attacker of throwing as many as two of the firebombs into the Democrat’s third-floor office, the Star-Telegram reports.

Here's another link. There's a video in the one below, but I cannot watch it at the moment.

www.inquisitr.com...

Wendy Davis, Democratic Texas State Senator, had two Molotov cocktails hurled at her Fort Worth, Texas state legislative office. The attack occurred midday Tuesday.

The suspect apparently threw one or 2 molotov cocktails at the Senators office. No injuries, and it dosent seem like there was too much damage either.

At the moment, the suspect hasnt been caught and police are searching for him/her. Im not sure why her office was targeted, but Ill do some searching and see if she has said anything really controversial lately.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Sounds like a "Message In A Bottle" to me. No idea what the message is meant to be but there must surely be something serious or grievous about it. People don't generally hurl a cocktail without some kind of (to them at least) grounded reason. I would imagine it carries a stiff penalty if caught doing such a thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
im more interested in the motivation behind this attack, not the guy who did it..

what did she do to make this happen?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The motivation behind this attack is what really interests me, plus im just a little bit North of FT. Worth. Ive still been searching to see if she has done or said anything controversial lately, but im running into walls. I cant find much about her at the moment.

reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I would imagine it carries a stiff penalty if caught doing such a thing.

Arson is a felony here in TX. Plus the attack was directed at a state senator, which im sure will carry additional charges.
edit on 20-3-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I just saw coverage of this on the local news (DFW area) and it doesn't appear anything was "thrown" or "hurled", but rather a small pile of debris was placed in front of the office door (in the corridor) and set on fire. Honestly when I saw the pile on the news my first impression was one of those flaming bags of poo that kids used to leave on people's porches and then knock and run. I'm not trying to play it down, they should make every effort to arrest and prosecute the responsible person or people. But the headlines made it sound like a molotov cocktail was thrown inside the office and per the local news that was not the case.

new topics

top topics

join