It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien encounter? Show on science channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
New show on science channel right now called Alien Encounter. Scientists and sci-fi writers speculate how humans will react when an alien spacecraft is on its way to Earth.

Is this show hypothetical or based on facts? This is like they third show I've seen regarding alien contact. Starting to wonder if they are conditioning us for contact. Pretty good show so far. I'll post video as soon as it hits YouTube.

What do you think ATS? Flavor of the month or serious topic? Are we soon to be contacted or is it all about ratings?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well... Conditioning, is all that I can really think of.

All of this hype over the olypmics, etc. Who knows, man...

Doomsday preppers, ancient aliens, now alien encounter..

Whatever, I will trust my instinct and see how I feel if anything happens.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Contact was made long ago. Disclosure is imminent.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Good point.

If we see an "attack" (quotes, because any attack is most likely going to be a bs scenario) I wouldn't even expect beings to be manning the crafts, just drones.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
New show on science channel right now called Alien Encounter. Scientists and sci-fi writers speculate how humans will react when an alien spacecraft is on its way to Earth.

Is this show hypothetical or based on facts? This is like they third show I've seen regarding alien contact. Starting to wonder if they are conditioning us for contact. Pretty good show so far. I'll post video as soon as it hits YouTube.

What do you think ATS? Flavor of the month or serious topic? Are we soon to be contacted or is it all about ratings?

Speculation is a natural human trait. Because this show is being shown on a limited outlet, conditioning can't be one of the shows aim. Conditioning has to take place on a larger scale. If you were to stand on a big-city sidewalk and ask passersby if they were concerned about aliens attacking us the answers received may show that no one gives a damn. It's not something that is an interfering factor in their lives. Opinions would not be based on any knowledge 'cause few think about such things.

Shows like this exist because someone got a bright idea for a project that will not bear fruit and once it's shown and possibly repeated a couple of times, it will hit the shelves. It's all meaningless.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I broke down some numbers.
en.wikipedia.org...
Over the years we have seen a huge boom of ET movies too.

2007-2011 64 total (adding recent ET TV series like Falling Skies, V, The Event, Stargate SGI)
2001-2006 35 Total (just noticed I gave this bracket 1 more year, oh well it's still low)
1996-2000 35 Total
1991-1995 18 Total

There's no doubt the government controls media sources and probably has a big hand in Hollywood. I kind of view the desensitization process as having been ongoing for at least a decade now. The recent world business leader forum in Saudi Arabia (with the topic of "ET's and UFOs effects on mankind") and slow leaking of UFO files by world governments kind of lend credence that something is being globally orchestrated. Not to mention all the little side stories, like NASA's Kepler planet-hunting team announcing the discovery of a "possible earth-like planet" and their recent estimate of 2 billion earth-like planets in our 1 galaxy. The Vatican's announcement that belief in aliens does not conflict with Catholic doctrine is probably the most startling (and would seem "random" if not for all the other disclosure happening). www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 20-3-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I do sometimes speculate that it may be condition to expose the truth, I'm always seeing references in films and pop videos, here's the latest obvious one

However I do also believe the subjects of aliens has kind of been thrown in the folk lore/urban legend category with about every other paranormal phenomena/myth that writers look to for inspiration/regurgitation

One example could be seen in say computer games, which frequently involve fighting off some kind of invading alien race at some point, I don't really see that as a form of conditioning, rather something thats linked to that medium, which you could say go's all the way back to the likes of space invaders, would you consider that conditioning?

I think it also depends on peoples on belief sets and reading into things take twilight for instance theres now been a surge of vampire based clones and tv spin off's, but you don't hear anyone talking about that as being conditioning for mass vampire disclosure, people just kind of accept that as myth, which I also think is how the masses consider E.T's

edit on 20-3-2012 by Allis1 because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Isn't MIB III due out soon? That is a great way to condition the masses.

I have to admit it is eerie that the history channel has been showing a lot of programs on UFO/ETs lately.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
dbl pst.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Scientists and sci-fi writers speculate how humans will react

So basically nothing of substance, eh?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by The Shrike

Isn't MIB III due out soon? That is a great way to condition the masses.

I have to admit it is eerie that the history channel has been showing a lot of programs on UFO/ETs lately.

I don't think that a movie with cartoon characters are going to sway anyone to accept a far out concept that was created by Gray Barker back in the 1950s.

The non-History Channnel knows what side its bread is buttered on. People love to be fooled if it's disguised in dramatizations devoid of actual history.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I just finished watching this show. Now is this real i mean i was kind of lost. Is there really a ufo coming towards earth that is bigger then 2 cities put together with a sail and what not. Plus the signals that had the languages from the voyager.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was thinking the very same thing last night!

Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman was on right after and it was about aliens, too.

Kinda makes you wonder...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

I was thinking that it would be interesting if "aliens" decided to go full disclosure during the opening ceremony at the olympics. Lots of people from all over the world watching. Then I realized I am probably crazy and that would never happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Our cable company doesn't carry the Science Channel anymore. Does anyone know where you can watch this channel online? I haven't been able to find this episode on any video sites ether.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
disclosure at the olympics would be no surprise really. i beleive how government knows its happeneing and it pushing hard for people to get conditioned for whats happening. It just worries me that every show and movie the aliens are violent. Etheir they know they are or they want us to be ready if they are. idk, i hope the ETs are peaceful, i really dont wanna try to fight them lol

new topics

top topics

join