It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Our World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As I've said before I watch a lot of documentaries. I just love them. There is a site called Top Documentary Films. It's a great site with many awesome and free documentaries to watch. I usually play one while I am preparing the family meal and tonight I watched War on Our World, and after viewing it, I felt I should share it. Here is the description as stated on the webpage:

War on Our World from Dominoes Falling Productions, is a feature length documentary using a collaboration of various material. The film examines war, imperialism and some of the causes and consequences of this, with a particular look at the Military-Industrial complex. An aim of the film is to help inspire peace. The film starts with a sequence from the movie American History X and continues with a lines from a landmark speech given by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. called Beyond Vietnam. I come to this magnificent house of worship tonight because my conscience leaves me no other choice. A true revolution of values will lay hand on the world order and say of war, ‘this way of settling differences is not just.’ This business of burning human beings with napalm, of filling our nation’s homes with orphans and widows, of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into the veins of peoples normally humane, of sending men home from dark and bloody battlefields physically handicapped and psychologically deranged, cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice, and love.

If you've got the time, I would highly recommend watching this video. It is very well made and includes clips and footage of all the greats: Bill Cooper, Bertrand Russell, Bob Marley, Martin Luther King Jr., and so many more! If you browse ATS, this video is for you!

Also, please let me know your thoughts!

Note: I have embedded a youtube version of this movie (it is in 25 parts) because it is easier for me, but I have also provided a link to the full movie at the webpage above.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

Just fixing your slightly broken link.

ETA Just watched part one, very well made collage. Bill Cooper, American History X (?), a little music. Thanks for posting.

edit on 20/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

thanks for fixing the broken link. i just can't seem to get the hang of embedding yet. also thanks for watching the vid and giving me your feedback. for myself watching it gave me a sense of inspiration and fury simultaneously. lately i've been thinking about what i can really do to change things for the better and i've gotten the idea to uproot my family and travel the world volunteering. it's something my partner and i have to discuss and plan for thoroughly, but i just can't sit here any longer complaining about how bad things are. i have to get out and do what's right and that means leaving the comfort that i don't really deserve and becoming an example for the rest of humanity.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

I help gladly where and when I can. If you need help, just ask.

Everything you ever wanted to know about posting various things on ATS but were afraid to ask, in simple, easy to understand language with examples can be found on a thread created by a helpful member. I keep it in my subscribed threads for easy reference.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It explains youtube and googlevideo links along with much else.
Great video btw.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
thanks, i've been meaning to check it out. make every post count! and all that.

top topics

join