It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Arrests Fire Fighter for Helping Injured Person

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That's right folks. But wait there is a twist! He doesn't actually get arrested for helping someone, he gets arrested because officer Farva had a bad day.

I don't really know what else to add to this except for the fact that this just demonstrates the increasingly ongoing trend of power-tripping police attitude.

I can totally understand the other point of view about the firefighter blocking two lanes. But this has to be done with a lot of things because traffic just gets too close and people die/get injured from not taking safety measures like that.

Thoughts ATS?

edit on 20-3-2012 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

Court Case Settled

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What the deuce!
Do you remember the video/story from a while back of the EMT arrested while transporting a patient to the hospital?

Video and story here:
www.pixiq.com...

What a sick and twisted world.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well the title is misleading... more so WHILE helping an injured person...

However either way it's total bull #... Amazing the audacity of some people with badges..

"Move your fire truck so I can be at risk of getting hit at 70 mph so I can end this miserable life of mine!!"
edit on 20-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Pretty sad. That's right scare the people who are there to help into believing they will be punished. Hopefully that will change fast for the sake of us all.

link   
This has been posted hear before. But it not to many people have seen it. Power crazy cops

link   
this was in the news a few days ago.

TextMan Who Offered Lift To Teen Girls Says He’s Victim Of ‘Good Deed Gone Wrong’

link

link   
having training in this sorta thing I would be one of the top people to ask when it comes to knowing what should be done to corrupt police......but this is more than enough to say that that isnt a cop that is a bully with a badge and he will lose his job if he hasn't already

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

It is indeed a crazy world when people can't separate messed up left brained policy from logic.

I am sorry for the title being misleading, hence the comment just before the video. The headline is just a Copy/Paste.

I also did a search and did not find anything.

I did a second search and came up with match for it being posted in a 188 Day Cycle Thread.

My apologies for not conforming to everyone's wants, but regardless here is a thread dedicated to the video.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yes I remember that story.

This one also reminds me of the Cop who pulls the shotgun out and cocks it like he's playing in a Hollywood film.

Sadly with the way psychology works you know that some of these guys are playing out their own role playing fantasies in their head.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Originally posted by rubbertramp
this was in the news a few days ago.

TextMan Who Offered Lift To Teen Girls Says He’s Victim Of ‘Good Deed Gone Wrong’

link

This is a completely different story than mentioned in the OP.

Interesting story none the less.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Is it illegal to stop a second lane of traffic in an accident? Is it illegal to block all lanes during an accident??

I know for sure that I have seen entire highways blocked in both directions in North Carolina.

What are they going to try and charge him with?

Obstruction of injustice?

It's not like they were going to be there very long..
edit on 3/20/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Remember the cop that pulled a gun at a snowball fight?
This seems to be going around, yes?

Eyewitness Confirms: D.C. Cop Freaks Out Over Snowball Fight–Brandishes Gun
www.washingtoncitypaper.com...

edit on 3/20/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Most good people are uninterested in power except to use it to empower weaker people. I think most cops fit in this category. I think about 5% of Cops want power mainly for themselves.

Same thing for politics just change the 5% to 98% haha

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
this story is over and done with, a jury awarded the firefighter $17500 back in 2008.

www.totalcriminaldefense.com...
edit on 20-3-2012 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

It is not illegal in the case of an emergency. How many times have you driven down a highway and had 2/4 lanes blocked? Happens to me quite a bit. They usually do create a safezone around the accident I mean it's only common sense right?

So I don't know what they are going to charge them with.

This cop was just exorcizing his authority because it feels good to him. If you have a nat for telling someone by their behavior that's what this says. That is of course my opinion.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Actually I have not seen the snowball one.

But yes it is definitely a trend.

People are trained to follow a policy nowadays and not break from it. So anytime it comes to using common sense(gotta find a new term), they can't think out of the policy box.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420

It is not illegal in the case of an emergency. How many times have you driven down a highway and had 2/4 lanes blocked? Happens to me quite a bit. They usually do create a safezone around the accident I mean it's only common sense right?

So I don't know what they are going to charge them with.

This cop was just exorcizing his authority because it feels good to him. If you have a nat for telling someone by their behavior that's what this says. That is of course my opinion.

you may wish to re-read my post... That IS what I was saying.

here:
"I know for sure that I have seen entire highways blocked in both directions in North Carolina.

What are they going to try and charge him with?

Obstruction of injustice? "

I use Sarcasm, but I also said it directly. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I recognize a Houston pig anywhere.....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Sorry that came off the wrong way. Yes I know what you were saying was rhetorical but I was simply agreeing with you and adding to the convo. It was not meant to condescend! Lighten up sorry ill proof read from now on man.

That is awesome that this cop was sued. This is the first I've heard of this story.

Sorry to be so late ATS.

Almost too much to pay attention to nowadays.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I was light silly. you didn't see my face
I am a happy person.

For future reference if you think I am being mean you are wrong. I say everything in good fun.

I see we don't communicate very well though haha

You've probably talked to too many ATS trolls... and azzes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join