It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hear the gun when you are shot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I guess only mathematics can answer this question because the person is already dead.

If you were shot in the head (standard Glock 9mm) and you died instantly, would you hear the bullet be fired, or is it moving too fast?

I would work this out myself, but I am no good at math.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Bullets travel much faster than the speed of sound, so depending on the distance between yourself and the gun, a couple of seconds could go by before you heard the one that killed you. The question as to if you can hear when you have been shot in the head is more of a medical mystery. I'm going to say probably not.

I have a gun shot in my direction before, and you can actually hear the bullet as it goes by, before the gunshot is heard. When we told the police we could hear bullets go by, and then gunshots a second later, their eyes got wide. They said you have to be pretty close to the bullet path to hear it. It turned out to be some kids doing target practice with a 22 rifle. They didn't think about how far the bullets would go when they missed their targets.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
r u shot in the head?

how fara way is the shootter?

what is the cylic rate of the gun(how may rounds can it fire before the first hits the target)?

answere those and ill tell you

join