It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

73 Year Old Woman's Dog Taken from Her Home by City and Euthanized. No Due Process.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If the dog were human they'd make every effort to help the person.

Humans who suffer have to be kept alive so that they can suffer.

I think they just wanted to end the dog's suffering. If the dog couldn't make it up the stairs, what else could it do but just lie there and suffer in pain?

They made the right decision, but handled the situation very poorly.

I hope she sues them, and I hope she gets a lot of money out of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Apparently that didn't happen here, so I'm supposing considerable exaggeration on the part of the police and animal shelter technician.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, this should REALLY help her lawsuit case. I'll wager she comes out of this with some money, as long as the attorney is willing to stick it out.

Of course, nothing will replace the woman's dog...very sad.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by joyride0187

Apparently that didn't happen here, so I'm supposing considerable exaggeration on the part of the police and animal shelter technician.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, this should REALLY help her lawsuit case. I'll wager she comes out of this with some money, as long as the attorney is willing to stick it out.

Of course, nothing will replace the woman's dog...very sad.

From what I understand, she is not suing for any money other than to recoup her legal costs. She is suing to change the humane soicieties process so that this doesnt happen to anyone else.
edit on 21-3-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The question is did Countryside Humane society and the Racine Police have the legal right to take Henry from his owner, kill Henry and throw Henry’s body (the supposed evidence that could have supported their case and their claims) into the trash? This was all done within 12 hours without a warrant, without a court order, without any evidence and without having the agreement of the owner. In this case, neither the police nor Countryside notified the owner of her rights to claim her dog in 7 days and that is a required process that is clearly defined as a condition of seizure under Wisconsin law. Even more shocking than this was an interview last night on the local news that Channel 12 did with some moron from MADACC. In the interview, the MADACC representative actually said that as animal humane agents they are best qualified to make the decisions of whether or not to kill a person’s pet. The representative did say that MADACC would not do that without first getting the opinion of a vet. However, even that is wrong and is illegal. These “humane agents” need training in more than how to put a catch pole on a dog. They need to learn and understand the law. If I were training them, I would make them memorize the constitution and recite it. That goes for the police too. The latest update is that Joan along with the help of a local non profit animal rights group are filing a civil rights lawsuit against the city.

edit on 21-3-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I can't deal with this much sadness. I'm sorry I read it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I concur.I do not like lawsuits,but when dealing with abusive counties I have seen their effectiveness.This could also get her some retirement dough.Her relative sounds like a piece of crud.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
I don't really see a problem here.
If the dog had athritis and couldn't move anymore on it's own, was kept in a basement (i guess cold, dark, wet) it's really better to put it out of it's misery than keeping it alive.

Besides, we don't know the full story. Every story has two sides and news media just love to jump on the side of that 'little old lady and her poor animal'. This topic just proves once more, that people are quick to jump to conclussions and most go ape# once a dog is involved as to some, those are the most precious creatures on the planet

The dog was NOT "Kept" in the basement.
You didn't read the article.
He could walk and went down the stairs but could not go back up.
He was 17, his time was coming, but he needn't have been taken away like that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join