It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portrayal of Aliens compared to Race and Segregation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wasn't sure whether to put this in aliens or government. It's not really a conspiracy, more of an observation that leaves some food for thought.

If aliens are in fact real, and they were to connect to us, would we only talk to a faction of them or them as a whole? If they contacted us they would more than likely talk to an official representing it's respective country. While they may represent themselves as a voice of the planet to the aliens, in no way are we a unified race. But the portrayal of all aliens has almost always been that they are one unified race that has no quarrels within their own own species. Imagine how they would look at us, since as a species we are constantly at civil war with each other. If we were to be attacked from aliens it would be hard to make any sort of counter attack when the world is divided so much as it is today. Just makes you think what if. And how exactly would aliens view us as a race because of this?

Your thoughts ATS?
edit on 20-3-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The idea is that if they have managed to travel thousands / millions of light years to get to us they would have outgrown the fairy stories for children. Which is a fairly safe assumption seeing as how much we spend on destroying each other and have only been to the moon (yeah right)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I believe many races of extraterrestrial beings are compassionate. As far as the counter attack, I don’t believe we have the ability to harm them (if they wanted to, they could easily destroy our planet in an instant).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I liked (notice like not love) Star Trek and one of the best things to come out of that show was something they always seem to break, the Prime Directive. We would need to be unified and I would think Aliens would be similar.

When we become a true space traveling race I am sure that we will want to have a Prime Directive. Also any possible space faring race that was not a hostile, or colonizing civilization would have something similar.

edit on 20-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
While I liked the star trek comparisons, I should have noted that I mean modern portrayals. In productions like that or Star Wars, extraterrestrials are no mystery anyone, they're everywhere, and they're is lots of them.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Bumping this in hopes of some more thoughts from you ATS

top topics

join