It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lie of Evolution from a Credible Scientist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Is it even possible to deny a Creator based on our current understanding of information entropy, collapsing wave function and genetics? Obviously, consciousness is at the heart of all we know. Consciousness preexists matter in a form to purpose. The acorn is the enfolded oak tree of information to form. This is engineering and design. When you realize this, see your own information as either saved or lost by the blueprint we are given as a gift. The information to translate your essence beyond the material is available.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Beautiful vid, thumbs up.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I cannot have sound for the video where I am so...why is Evolution a lie? Did that trickster fool us with Dinosaur bones and the size of the Universe again?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Very good! I have studied human biology in the past and the elegance and complexity of the human body is a marvel to behold. I also found it hard do discount intelligent design completely.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Nowhere in that video did he say that evolution is bunk. I'm not against the idea but that is not what he was saying. Really it's just a video marveling at the wonders of life and creation.

We still don't have clue is what he said.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is just a video of some guy who doesn't understand the subtle complexity of evolution. Or DNA, apparently.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Figzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

I cannot have sound for the video where I am so...why is Evolution a lie? Did that trickster fool us with Dinosaur bones and the size of the Universe again?

Do you need sound? An acorn is a 25 foot oak tree enfolded by information. Collapsing wave function theory says that the indeterminate wave of probability must be collapsed to be determined as an outcome. Which came first? Did matter come before the choice to collapse the wave? Entropy in information theory states that a bit of information will degrade from its source. All things in nature flow from a source and then away. The source is always greater than that which flows. Which came first? Did the matter precede the consciousness that is higher than its source? The double slit experiment demonstrates that the states of matter are determined by the observer. Which came first? Did the matter originate the consciousness or did the consciousness originate the states of matter by collapsing the indeterminate wave of probability?

You don't need sound to see the design in the video, nor do you need sound to hear the Word of God in the design of the baby. An oak tree is the information, not the form it occupies. Spirit is information that is conscious, not the matter it uses for form and expression.

Romans 1

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

This is the last day we each have to repent of our sins. You and I are alike in this understanding. We each have a fallen nature to overcome each day we live. The first step to accomplishing this is to see God as the source above the flow. Once we realize this, the work is to make our way back up the stream with Christ.

edit on 20-3-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

that vid was basically a poster child for argument from ignorance

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video, but it's hard for *ME* to say that evolution or creationism is false. *I* don't know. I'm an open kind of guy, and I find it completely idiotic to mock one or another. It goes against everything I believe in. Like keeping an open mind. How much do we really know? We don't even know what's in our oceans... So what does that really say about us?

We're "stupid" in the grand scheme of things. To deny there is a god is as stupid as claiming there was never such a thing as dinosaurs.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post, but in order for us to mature as a people, we need to realize there will ALWAYS be things beyond our current understanding and instead of denying that fact, embrace it one way or another.

Hope I made some sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

that vid was basically a poster child for argument from ignorance

I agree. Seeing the design in nature is the obvious way to deny ignorance. The video stands as the easy way to see the design of information to form in energy. Consider the first three verses of the Bible.

Genesis 1:1

In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Then move on to verse 27 where God describes how he moved information to an image.

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

We tend to think an image is merely a 2D surface we watch, much like the one you are viewing now. The truth of a divine image of perfection is that the image is 3D, moving in time (4D). The indeterminate wave of probability in the 5th dimension is then collapsed down to the fourth to make a choice to move. Once you have the basic understanding of your own free will in the matter, you see the truth: We can think and we can move. All other items of reality are produced for us. We do not make the sun shine, the earth turn or our hair grow. Nothing about us is produced by us. Apart from our own thought and movement inside the image, we are not part of the image we occupy.

Ignorance denied.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
OP,

Please just stop. You're doing what Deepak Chopra is so good at doing:

Woo Woo

Although the New Age movement has tried to appropriate quantum physics as its own instrument of support, the truth is not even quantum physicists really understand it. So please don't have the arrogance to think you can snatch up some quantum implications, wax poetic about an acorn, and call it proof that evolution has been debunked.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
I didn't watch the video, but it's hard for *ME* to say that evolution or creationism is false. *I* don't know. I'm an open kind of guy, and I find it completely idiotic to mock one or another. It goes against everything I believe in. Like keeping an open mind. How much do we really know? We don't even know what's in our oceans... So what does that really say about us?

We're "stupid" in the grand scheme of things. To deny there is a god is as stupid as claiming there was never such a thing as dinosaurs.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post, but in order for us to mature as a people, we need to realize there will ALWAYS be things beyond our current understanding and instead of denying that fact, embrace it one way or another.

Hope I made some sense.

The wonderful thing about our day and age is this: We have the tools to know, yet we lack the ability to overcome bias. I agree with you on the point. The part I disagree with is that we cannot know. We can know if we are open to the possibility that a very old book tells us the truth. See my previous post above.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
OP,

Please just stop. You're doing what Deepak Chopra is so good at doing:

Woo Woo

Although the New Age movement has tried to appropriate quantum physics as its own instrument of support, the truth is not even quantum physicists really understand it. So please don't have the arrogance to think you can snatch up some quantum implications, wax poetic about an acorn, and call it proof that evolution has been debunked.

Not hardly a train going Woo Woo. This train is following the theory to the conclusion that points one direction, just a the train goes one direction, but the whistle changes pitch as it moves. You say the pitch does not change. I say it does. We are both right. The pitch is dependent on the observer. For the train engineer, the pitch is constant because he moves with the current theory. For the casual observer sitting on his porch, he sees the pitch of the whistle change but denies the theory behind it. The Doppler Effect is the excluded middle that unifies the paradox. God is the same.

This train is bound for Glory! Woo Woo

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I dont understand how you can claim evolution is bunk and then have nothing to explain life of your own! It seems that the idea of "Debunking" comes in 2 forms. The debunking of conspiracy theories, which entails finding BETTER explantions for what the theorist claims. And the debunking of science, which entails... no BETTER explanations!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Not hardly a train going Woo Woo. This train is following the theory to the conclusion that points one direction, just a the train goes one direction, but the whistle changes pitch as it moves. You say the pitch does not change. I say it does. We are both right. The pitch is dependent on the observer. For the train engineer, the pitch is constant because he moves with the current theory. For the casual observer sitting on his porch, he sees the pitch of the whistle change but denies the theory behind it. The Doppler Effect is the excluded middle that unifies the paradox. God is the same.

Nope. Still nothing but woo woo.

It all sounds like it should mean something profound, until you realize it doesn't really mean anything at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figzer
This is just a video of some guy who doesn't understand the subtle complexity of evolution. Or DNA, apparently.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Figzer because: (no reason given)

He must not understand, given his background. I suppose you are of a higher frame of reference then? Have you studied the complexities of the field he is in to the same degree?

DNA is digital information in a form of perfection. If you want proof of a creator, check with Carbon (6 protons, 6 electrons, 6 neutrons). We are marked by 666 and so is our fruit of knowledge (Technology). Do we have a source of information that told us this before it was known to us? Did that source tell us to overcome the carbon with our breath (Word)? Nitrogen is 777 and Oxygen is 888. It just so happens that our Words in number for YHVH is 777 (Hebrew Gematria). Jesus in Greek is 888. Coincidence? I'll trust the information in nature over mankind's biased observation of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Nope. Still nothing but woo woo.

It all sounds like it should mean something profound, until you realize it doesn't really mean anything at all.

Can you deny this part? Any cognitive dissonance here from a man in a cave 2000 years ago, before our current science? Did he just get lucky? How about Genesis 3 where it speaks of our hand reaching for the fruit of knowledge? Any thoughts?

DNA is digital information in a form of perfection. If you want proof of a creator, check with Carbon (6 protons, 6 electrons, 6 neutrons). We are marked by 666 and so is our fruit of knowledge (Technology). Do we have a source of information that told us this before it was known to us? Did that source tell us to overcome the carbon with our breath (Word)? Nitrogen is 777 and Oxygen is 888. It just so happens that our Words in number for YHVH is 777 (Hebrew Gematria). Jesus in Greek is 888. Coincidence? I'll trust the information in nature over mankind's biased observation of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It goes far beyond a book. And no, we don't have the technology to know. We have technology that gives us a better idea of what we don't know, but we as it stands today will never know. Maybe in a couple hundred years (if we last that long), but not now.

I read somewhere that said, "As a human collective throughout all our knowledge both past and present, we know 0.00000003% of everything there is to know.". I wish I had a source to that. But I believe it's true. We don't know jack, we know some very basics but beyond that we're idiots.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Here's a hint, Slick. Trying to tell Atheists that Darwin might have been wrong, about anything, ever, is the atheistic equivalent of someone with chronic diarrhea, using a crucifix as a rectal stimulation device, within a Christian context. You can call any dissenters from Darwin as "credible," or "scientific," as you like; it doesn't matter, because they're not going to believe you. The only thing they're going to do is get seriously upset.

Atheists like to try and claim otherwise, but a good many of them are just as ruled by their emotions as any theist is, and they have their own sacred cows accordingly. One of the particularly tragic ways in which that can manifest, is in the worship of Carl Sagan, among others. Darwin is another one of their heroes, however, and they seriously don't like it when anyone implies that he wasn't exclusively awesome.

It's just not how you're going to win arguments with them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What I deny is a bunch of disparate facts mixed in with a rather large amount of poetic license in an effort to seem like you're making a point you're not really making.

Again, nothing has been proven here. Woo woo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join