It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pirate Bay plans Low Orbit Server Drones to beat Censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

One of the world's largest BitTorrent sites "The Pirate Bay" is going to put servers on GPS-controlled aircraft drones in order to evade authorities who are looking to shut the site down. In a Sunday blog post, The Pirate Bay announced new "Low Orbit Server Stations" that will house the site's servers and files on unmanned, GPS-controlled, aircraft drones.
h

With governments all over the world trying to control free speech and anonymity on the net..Its a dang good idea if you ask me. The tech is just about there so its just a matter of putting it together and getting it up there.

With the development of GPS controlled drones, far-reaching cheap radio equipment and tiny new computers like the Raspberry Pi, we’re going to experiment with sending out some small drones that will float some kilometers up in the air. This way our machines will have to be shut down with aeroplanes in order to shut down the system. A real act of war. We’re just starting so we haven’t figured everything out yet. But we can’t limit ourselves to hosting things just on land anymore. These Low Orbit Server Stations (LOSS) are just the first attempt. With modern radio transmitters we can get over 100Mbps per node up to 50km away. For the proxy system we’re building, that’s more than enough.

anonymous-gyulyano.blogspot.fr...

It reminds me of a groups attempt recently to purchase a satalite. This idea seems more realistic and piratical.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
They totally stole my idea....JK

I always wondered why we don't just use our own satellite system.

This will be the wave of the future. Common internet networks will be privately owned eventually and outside government control.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I can see America using there own stealth drones to blow the Pirate Bay drones out of the sky. Its not like they care whos airspace they invade, because it certainly dont stop them on the ground.

Hack the Planet!!!
edit on 20-3-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Yes a decentralised system would be a great idea.. The governments control television and newspapers. Its about time we had something that was not interfered with by state propaganda..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
GO TPB!

With Govt's recent attacks on such sites, this comes as great news!

S&F'd

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hello again ATS! I hope everyone is doing well. I am back and have much information on many subjects including this. This wont work Why do i say that. read the new drone registration bill. it covers this completely.
I dont know how to link. There are smarter people than me out there. (thank God.)
edit on 20-3-2012 by semperkill because: missed a word

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
good luck to TPB!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
GO TPB!

With Govt's recent attacks on such sites, this comes as great news!

S&F'd

Yes I think it is needed. Governments around the world think they can just go around closing down website.. What is the difference between that and burning books... nothing in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I should feel fascinated by the genius of creating something that can only be taken down by an act of war, or if I should feel nauseated by it.

I'll go with fascinated.

This may one day cause us to re-assess what we consider to be a sovereign political entity. It may eventually have nothing to do with geography, culture, money or politics, and everything to do with having the ability to share information independently.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sounds a bit like skynet, eh?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Sounds a bit like skynet, eh?

shhhh!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join