It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Charts That Prove Obama Doesn’t Set Gas Prices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yes it has to do with supply and demand but the only reason demand is so high and supply so low is due to the control of oil resources and output.

If Iraq and Iran where allowed to out put, oil oil will be plentiful and the petrodollar will stop been the US means of power when it comes to oil trade.

So as anybody can see US government has a lot to do with what goes on when the oil barons control oil supplies and private interest makes sure that oil producing countries like Iran and Iraq will never reach out put capabilities.

Is all a big game and we the people are the ones paying for it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oil Prices Spike Exacerbated By Wall Street Speculation, Federal Reserve Study Finds

According to St. Louis Fed economists Luciana Juvenal and Ivan Petrella, speculation in oil markets was the second-biggest factor behind the past decade's price run-up, behind increased global demand for oil, which accounted for 40 percent of the increase.

"Speculation was the second-largest contributor to oil prices and accounted for about 15 percent of the rise," the economists wrote. "The effect that speculation had on oil prices over this period coincides closely with the dramatic rise in commodity index trading -- resulting in concerns voiced by policymakers."

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Great thread and explanation.

But you have to understand that the target audience you are trying to reach is not logical and doesn't care about facts. They have an irrational hate for Obama.

If anything, they will use this information to try to claim that Obama has raised the gas prices world wide. Honestly...I bet someone claims that somewhere in this thread.

yup...as you know from being on ATS for any length of time, Obama is to blame for most all of our problems. i just "follow the money"

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Honestly, the gas price issue is the least of my concern toward my dislike for Obama. So I guess it will be safe to say that he does not control the gas prices which I already knew from the beginning, but is controlled by trade speculators who speculate in OPEC, but this still doesn't get him off the hook...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I find it funny how this thread gets no attention.

If you provide facts here, they get ignored. If you would have made a thread saying that Obama is raising the gas price single handedly to destroy America with no facts at all...this thread would be on the front page.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Actually while I was researching on another thread subject I came around a video of Obama from 2007 where he hinted with examples on energy how increasing prices will make people start complaining and accepting more alternative energy.

Very interesting.

2007 Obama Video –The Real Reason Why Gas And Energy Prices Are So High

Reducing Dependency by Increasing Cost.
Yes 2007 — Before the “SKY ROCKET” remark!

This brings an issue of how we the people have been manipulated by those that govern our nation.

yourdaddy.net...

edit on 22-3-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
roflmao
you americans getting all jumpy from "gas" prices hitting $4 a gallon
im british and its double that here!
we pay mega super hyper tax on it though...
maybe you guys should hire european/asian engineers at your car plants
why have big beasty v8 that weighs 4 tonnes and barely hits 100mph???
maybe if your cars were more efficient you wouldnt give a damn about prices
you guys got it good just use your head and drive an import

if you guys drive more efficient cars
then you buy less gas
then obama can tax it more without a fuss
then your country can pay its damn debt!!
until thats payed you are a financial apocolypse waiting to happen

OK, coming from someone who lives in a country that has to pay a T.V. tax as well. How's that working for ya???

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I find it funny how this thread gets no attention.

If it doesn't have "birth certificate" or "ron paul" in the headline, it's difficult to get some love. You should check out my FDR quotes thread. It's a barn burner!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marge here is that video, and I do not see at any point Obama suggesting he will raise gas prices. Period.

Refer back to the first chart in the OP. That alone suggest the price we pay in the USA is not set by the president.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I did said in bold letters that it hinted no that it said, while talking about energy cost and how people react to price increases.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I think your clueless Obama did cause the gas prices to rise. These stimulus packages and the fed devalued the dollar making gas more expensive. The only way to turn this around is for the government to show fiscal responsibility pay off some debt and tighten the money supply and gas prices would drop right back down.Apparently you think Americans are stupid and cant figure out Obama's fiscal policies caused this it has nothing to do with controlling gas prices.

One of the issues i have about his energy policy is the only reason were producing more gas is because the oil companies dont need his approval to drill on private land. But his energy policy seems to be stop drilling in the gulf but pay Brazil to open up theres WTF. Wont allow drilling in Anwar and most federal land for that matter. This is incredibly stupid because this brings in a source of income for the US government. the fact is that oil production on federal lands, the majority of which is represented on the outer continental shelf is down by 11 percent from 2010 to 2011.And this will get worse as more leases expire! And finally i think we should drill as much as we can in order to make sure our oil supply is not depending on the middle east. If we produce what we need from the world market we would find the middle east would loose alot of its importance and i believe that would change policies and prevent wars.
Bottom line when the president makes decisions like he did in 2010 on his moratorium of off shore drilling effects us 3 or 4 years later.

And now his foreign policy is again effecting are gas prices.His lack of backbone emboldens Iran to make threats which causes the markets to panic about oil supplies. Hes lead from behind policies describes his whole administration.Think about how he handles decisions Guantanamo bay gives other countries the wrong image of the USA. Wait still open isnt it? Egypt is moving towards Democracy. Well now the Muslim brother hood is in charge. Heres a new one congress bans sending money to Egypt until they start making moves towards democracy. As Egypt presses ahead with the prosecution of 19 American NGO workers the Obama admin does an end run around congress and is attempting to send 1.4 billion to Egypt. Afghanistan Karzai is calling US forces demons. And his really screwed the pooch on this one with all those droan strikes into Pakistan killing civilians along with terrorists. Pakistan doesnt even want to allow the USA to move troops and supplies through there country. We cant even leave Afghanistan without destroying hundreds of billions of dollars in equipment.He gives all these speeches to Muslims around the worlds and they think hes a joke.But thats ok he can always apologize for it. Muslims respect strength and hes incapable of showing any. I can keep going but you get the idea hes displayed such ineptitude in foreign policy that the markets dont believe he can handle Iran and neither do i! Ok i feel better rant over.

edit on 3/24/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I did said in bold letters that it hinted no that it said, while talking about energy cost and how people react to price increases.

He did not hint at it either. Nowhere in that video does that happen. What happens is Obama acknowledges energy prices rise. I knew that as well but that does not mean I made it happen.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Obama is small potatoes compared to OPEC. He could no more set oil prices than he could run a country.

Ruin a country maybe...

/TOA

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

These stimulus packages and the fed devalued the dollar making gas more expensive.

The dollar didn't devalue even a fraction compared the rise of oil prices. You're giving Obama, even the whole of Congress, too much credit in this. This was engineered by OPEC. Like when they inflated prices and cut production in the '70s.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join