It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: High Ranking Member of al-Zarqawi's Terrorist Group Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Abu Anas al-Shami, a high ranking member of the al-Tawhid and al-Jihad group, has been killed in an US air strike today. The group is responsible for the recent beheadings of two American civilians in Iraq. In addition, they have claimed responsibility for many other beheadings and terrorist attacks in Iraq, leaving hundreds dead and many more injured.

Al Jazeera
Iraqi sources said Umar Yusuf Jumaa, also known as Abu Anas al-Shami, was killed on Friday in a US air strike targeting his vehicle in Abu Ghraib, Iraq.

Al-Shami, 35, is identified as one of two main persons on the group's website, Aljazeera's correspondent in Amman, Yasir Abu Hilala, said. The other person mentioned on the site is Abu Musab al-Zarqawi who is alleged to have ties to the al-Qaida network.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

More as this story develops

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 9-23-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Good. One down, how many to go?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm going to say something that's very unprofessional, and so I apologize upfront for any bad reflection this might cast on any group within ATS...but this is a personal opinion I have so strongly that I can't do anything but share it.

I wish we'd all meet out in the street with this head-whacking group's flag, burn it and have a big frappin' party and invite the press in...like they do, when 1000 of us die.

This is a major good-day for all who oppose brutality, cruelty and inhumanity.

WOOHOO! **valhall busts a move**

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
With all the negative news the members at ATS is subjected to, it'a breath of fresh air to finally see some good news. Thanks for the coverage.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This has made me cry! Because I have such mixed emotions right now. I am so sad that the world we live in brings a moment of joy because of another human's death. But I can't help it. I'm so glad they got this guy I can't stand it.

Unfortunately, it's a few heads too late. And I just can't stop thinking about how a little 13 year old girl found out today her dad's head got cut off.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If karma had anything to do with it, I wouldn't be surprised if his head was seperated from his body as his car exploded.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That's pretty funny,

The US lead war in Iraq are now hunting/killing the terrorists that they created by invading/occupying that country.

I also find it humorous that the US are planning to invade Fallujiah and other cities in Iraq that are currently occupied by insurgents. i wonder how this falls into the original mission of liberating the people, hunting for WOMD, axis of evil regime change and the other lies the bush admin proposed before invading Iraq.

I guess i'm one of the few who are seeing the Iraq war grow/breed massive amounts of terrorists/terrorism on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'm going to say something that's very unprofessional, and so I apologize upfront for any bad reflection this might cast on any group within ATS...but this is a personal opinion I have so strongly that I can't do anything but share it.

I wish we'd all meet out in the street with this head-whacking group's flag, burn it and have a big frappin' party and invite the press in...like they do, when 1000 of us die.

This is a major good-day for all who oppose brutality, cruelty and inhumanity.

I'm always first in line for a good burndown but if we did this then we'd have nothing much to complain about that can be shown on the evening news.

Still... *gets a lighter*.... ALALALALALAH!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
OH YEAH!
This is indeed good news! Hopefully, our intelligence gathering is getting better, and we will see more of this.
I hope he died a long painful death while his body was roasting like a BBQ. I hope every nerve synapse in his body screamed out in pain like never before! I would like to shake the hand of the person responsible for the targeting and deployment of munitions! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wrap him up in a pig skin blanket, stick a Green Bay Bratwurst in his mouth and stick him in the ground pointing toward NYC!

SMR

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good riddance

I hope they filmed it and put it all over their network television.
I guess what went around came around huh.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
ONE DOWN!... ONLY 4 MILLION TO GO....
seriously, we got lucky on this one...
we need to pull everyone out, put in the top 4,000 head hunters/special ops and start fighting guerrilla style like they do...
we invented that type of fighting and it won us our country...
trying to be the good guys just racks up the casualties on our side...and kills a lot of civilians which makes us the "bad guys" anyway...
one bullet wars.... the only way to go...
Saddam...shoulda been a "plink"
then the successors... "plink"
then everyone of them until a decent one got into office..."plink,plink,plink...
then the leadership of iraq would damn well respect us or ..."plink"
but oh yeah.... assasination is unethical... better go back to killing masses of civilians...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Woooohoooooo!!!!

Now for the rest of the terrorist bastards!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm all for shoot first, lets hope we got the rite guy (and maybe ask questions later) but surely if we were able to find this sob, shouldn't we be able to find Ken Bigley? Or maybe I'm over estimating our intelligence services and the billions they have to work with, which may i add the hostages and their families have payed for all their working lives? Are not these people owed more than just "Sorry we don't negotiate with terrorists, good luck. VOTE LABOUR!"?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes. It's a good day.
Let hope for more and BIGGER good days to follow.
We need more of them.

Violence is what these thugs understand and respect.

Regarding an earlier post by whomever, I forget your name,
That we CREATED these people..The terrorists. THATS BULL***T.
And YOU know it.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
GOOD! The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

Originally posted by syntaxer
The US lead war in Iraq are now hunting/killing the terrorists that they created by invading/occupying that country...

That the U.S. created? Most of the terrorists in Iraq right now are foreigners. Abu Anas al-Shami and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi are Palestinians from Jordan, not Iraqis. They've been terrorists their whole lives, not just after the summer of 2003...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
ONE DOWN!... ONLY 4 MILLION TO GO....
seriously, we got lucky on this one...
we need to pull everyone out, put in the top 4,000 head hunters/special ops and start fighting guerrilla style like they do...

I am a man divided on the one hand I think AUST SAS should return to Iraq and help fight the insurgents. On the other the other part of me says that we have abandon Afghanistan to pursue a very costly sideshow.
I would want the NZ SAS in Iraq as well but there in Afghanistan helping secure the countrie.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I heard that FINALLY a CIA-Special Ops task force has been made. Its objective??? ELIMINATE ZARQUAWI. Finally, why did it take them so freakin long to actually make the taskforce in the first place??? Does anyone realize how many heads have rolled off while there was no task force for this guy? Finally the CIA is back to good o'l assasination. Beats looking under rocks for WMD...back on track.

top topics

join