It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keystone Revenge? Canada Selling Uranium that Could Make Nukes to China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
China appears set to be purchase from Canada uranium. There will be very little oversight and could be resold to anyone China wishes, like Pakistan. Revenge for Keystone?

the-diplomat.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
China appears set to be purchase from Canada uranium. There will be very little oversight and could be resold to anyone China wishes, like Pakistan. Revenge for Keystone?

the-diplomat.com...

Canada has sold Uranium to China since at least 2002.

and yeah, I guess they can turn around and sell it for profit to anyone else.

It sounds like a Wall Street Tactic .. buy low, sell high, no matter the consequence

sigh.. what a friggen world

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think this insentience is more serious as there is almost no oversight.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Given that China has been a nuclear power since the 60's, I'm not sure that this is much of an issue. Canada has a lot of Uranium, China has a growing demand for energy. It's not as though Canada would be handing over any state secrets.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Canada is the US biggest trading partner, we like to talk a lot about how we are such "great friends". The truth of the matter, and it is never discussed on MSM, is that Canada and China are seriously close. The relationship we have with them is way stronger than the US and has led to many illegal backroom deals. I live in Vancouver and the reason this is such a "world class livable city" is that it is propped up by Chines organized crime and not only the province but the Feds turn a blind eye to the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
North America sold it's soul to the Chinese a long time ago. Canada is no different from the USofA; China sells us cheap beads and trinkets and we send them our jobs. This is a problem of trade and economics, not of terrorism and nuclear proliferation.

Oh, and as for Canada's friendliness being of questionable intent, NAFTA did us no favours, so let's not start talking about who is screwing whom.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

top topics

join