It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The crisis of Civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
this is a new doc on the list i recommend watching it.

he Crisis of Civilization is a documentary feature film investigating how global crises like ecological disaster, financial meltdown, dwindling oil reserves, terrorism and food shortages are converging symptoms of a single, failed global system.

Weaving together archival film footage and animations, film-maker Dean Puckett, animator Lucca Benney and international security analyst Dr. Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed, offer a stunning wake-up call proving that ‘another world’ is not merely possible, but on its way.

The film reveals how a failure to understand the systemic context of these crises, linked to neoliberal ideology, has generated a tendency to deal not with their root structural causes, but only with their symptoms.

This has led to the proliferation of war, terror, and state-terror, including encroachment on civil liberties, while accelerating global crises rather than solving them.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

im going to watch it again. i would like to hear your views on this doc
edit on 18-3-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is a natural process that all things go through.

We are past dissolution and into separation.

Next will be conjunction.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Great information. Thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have a problem because I dont see a global crisis. I just see a few mega rich bankers who want to take over the world for thier own ends.

Please can someone explain to me where the global crisis is that wasnt started or influenced by the banks?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Well I'm glad to see someone has posted this as I was going to do the same today. I originally saw this on LinkTV, recorded it and have since then watched it several times myself. The most recent, this morning. While not 'fear mongering' in anyway I do find it disturbing and I have no real complaints with it whatsoever save one.

In the first section called " Climate Catastrophy" his reasoning is an odd mixture of natural Earth climate changes along with man's impact on these climate changes essentially speeding them up. Now, I can see that point of view in all actuality, however my beef with it is that his natural Earth climate change numbers only go back as far as 1000 years. I feel that in order to give his view on a coming climate catastrophy any real teeth he would have to take his numbers back much further in order to give his theory any real meaning. But that is just my opinion on that.

Having said that, I really feel that this is a documentary that everyone should watch, perhaps several times, in order to get a more concise picture of how we have gotten to the point we find ourselves to now. For me, the real chilling part came in the section dealing with the economic crisis where it shows the global economy at 60 trillion and knowing our (US) debt now stands at a little over 15 trillion, makes the US debt 1/4 of the overall global economy (according to his numbers). That scares the heck out of me to be honest and only reinforces my belief that the US is in for a whole world of hurt shortly.

Again, thanks for posting this and I hope that others will find this thread and watch the documentary on their own as I feel it is one of the better documentaries I've seen in a very very long time.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well the search function worked this time. I thought I was going to have to make a thread. I am surprised to see that so little comments have been added. I have watched this film over four times now, along with Apologies of an Economic Hitman ever since I got the Link channel.

The Crisis of Civilization pretty much ties up all the interconnections of conspiracy except, this isn't a conspiracy. And it's not fearmongering, but if it scares you, good, because it means you're aware and alive.

By the time I am a middle age man in 30 years, if not sooner, we will have reached beyond the fork in the road where we change our ways or face a bleak future. And there is really no simple fix for it. The end of civilization, as far as we know it now, will happen and probably faster than anyone realizes.

I am thinking of ways to give my great nieces and nephews, and perhaps my own children one day, a fighting chance. They will have to learn trades, they will have to know how to farm. There's so much they will have to learn to live sustainable and locally. And hopefully they won't be alone as neighbors will become meaningful again.

So I am going to prepare heirloom seeds, books... just... an overabundance of wealth in terms of surviving the end of era of mass consumers and oil.

Anyway, star and flag.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
This is a natural process that all things go through.

We are past dissolution and into separation.

Next will be conjunction.

I quote Mr. Ahmed saying, "The task, now, is to plant the seeds of the new, post-carbon civilization, right here, right now, within the dying shell of old industrial social forms."

So there's no way of saving and holding onto what we have. I agree. What we can do is apply the brakes a little and prepare for a new way of life so the shock and suffering will be less. Or we can keep pressing on the accleration peddle and go full speed into the wall.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Several well done and on point posts there, AMANNAMEDQUEST. I agree with your thoughts on this documentary. It is hardly fearmongering, as I and you, have mentioned but if you watch this and are not at the very least concerned (it actually scared me) with the information and connections made then I believe you (generalized term, not you directly) are not as awake and aware as you think you are.

What I appreciated is that the ideas Ahmed was presenting confirmed my own and made me realize that I was not as far off the mark as I thought I was. It also confirmed to me, that like you, my time spent educating myself in the past years on how to be more self reliant was not time wasted in useless persuit. I believe this is a practice that would serve all of us well, perhaps sooner than we all expect.

Like you, I am suprised at the lack of response to this thread. It is a shame really as I feel that watching this would benefit a great many people. But, as I have learned in my 40+ years, you can present information all you want but ultimately it is up to the 'presented' to act on it themselves.

top topics

join