It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How credible are stories from Clark McClelland?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
He tells a lot of weird stories and makes unsubstantiated claims about his own credentuials -- how can we really measure his credibility? It would be really cool if anything he was claiming, turned out to be accurate.

Terra-3 Soviet Strategic Space Weapon Was Used to Attack U.S.A. Space Shuttle Challenger Spy Mission
www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Who knows?

I think some of his claims are a bit far fetched. He is an intelligent man and I think he knows he sounds like a nut. There may be some basis to some of what he says. If you didn't see it for yourself it's hard to tell what is the truth.
edit on 18-3-2012 by craziedaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim, if the source is from Rense.com, it should immediately fall in the RED FLAG category. Funny because before I realize you started this thread I was going to suggest to ask you, lol!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It would seem that Clark McClelland has gone off the deep end into the madness pool.

Reading through that pile of incredibly creative writing, it veers solidly into crazy near the bottom, with the assertion that the Challenger accident in January, 1986 was "sabotage".

Total nonsense.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Good post and good questions Jim.... F n S

It would appear Jim that Mr. McClelland does appear to exaggerate and or embellish his background.

However, I wasn’t there (at NASA) and can only speak to information available through the web and email contact with NASA representatives.

It is has become so difficult to sort credibility from incredulous claims and disinformation.

Again, it appears disinformation defies logic as Boeing themselves insist no previous employment for Mr. McClelland, yet when I contacted NASA directly by email, their simple research produced a copy of a feature article on Mr. Clark McClelland, including his picture in Boeings own newspaper from the time touting him and his accomplishments, NASA also produced his phone listings, and office location.

It is really tough to tell who the liars are huh?

I have a son of a close friend who works at NASA and there appears to be an equal amount of credibility and disinformation to the rumors which appear to be passed about for general consumption.

I like you WISH that we had an easy way to differentiate truth from lies.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

Good post and good questions Jim.... F n S

It would appear Jim that Mr. McClelland does appear to exaggerate and or embellish his background.

However, I wasn’t there (at NASA) and can only speak to information available through the web and email contact with NASA representatives.

It is has become so difficult to sort credibility from incredulous claims and disinformation.

Again, it appears disinformation defies logic as Boeing themselves insist no previous employment for Mr. McClelland, yet when I contacted NASA directly by email, their simple research produced a copy of a feature article on Mr. Clark McClelland, including his picture in Boeings own newspaper from the time touting him and his accomplishments, NASA also produced his phone listings, and office location.

It is really tough to tell who the liars are huh?

I have a son of a close friend who works at NASA and there appears to be an equal amount of credibility and disinformation to the rumors which appear to be passed about for general consumption.

I like you WISH that we had an easy way to differentiate truth from lies.

I'm getting more easy-going about why so much myth and misnformation is drowning us -- fewer deliberate lies, and more and more wishful thinking and dramatic story-telling for self-aggrandizement. Plenty of 'confabulation'. But malicious lies? Far fewer than I might once have accused.

Sounds like you did some excellent research. Do you have scans of those documents you can share with us?

McClelland sounds like a desperate man worthy of pity, and charity. If he really hasn't worked in the space program since 1992, and had been living with his parents until they died, he seems to have no visible means of support any more.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Here is the Boeing newspaper article from the archives Jim...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

Here is the Boeing newspaper article from the archives Jim...

Thanks, it'll be put to good use, for good.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Hey Jim... here is a little more info for your files which I received from NASA too.

Sir,

I have only two sources that are used to search for former KSC employees – the Spaceport News [KSC’s newspaper] and the KSC Telephone Directories. A search for Clark C. McClelland in the telephone directories produced the following results.

1964-1967 no listings

Feb 1968 KSC employee worked for Boeing Company
July 1968 KSC employee worked for Boeing Company
Jan 1969 KSC employee worked for Boeing Company
Oct 1969 KSC employee worked for Boeing Company

1970-1992 no listings

There were no entries in the Spaceport News.

I did find the attached article in an old Boeing News publication that was included in one of our collections. No other entries for McClelland appeared.

Elaine Liston
Sr. Librarian/Archivist
KSC Library Archives
John F. Kennedy Space Center, NASA
Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899

edit on 21-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

He tells a lot of weird stories and makes unsubstantiated claims about his own credentuials -- how can we really measure his credibility? It would be really cool if anything he was claiming, turned out to be accurate.

Terra-3 Soviet Strategic Space Weapon Was Used to Attack U.S.A. Space Shuttle Challenger Spy Mission
www.rense.com...

There was a thread on ATS yesterday giving their top "alternative news websites". 3/4 were a joke. This is one of the sites that have continually been suspect.

And why I'm proud to be a member of ATS. This story is pure bull#.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I just came across this alarming report from Barry Roffman:re clark mcclelland
www.arkcode.com...

Flash: On the evening of May 26, 2014 I received an e-mail from Clark telling me that he was dying. I tried calling him. He did answer the phone, but he sounded like he was indeed close to the end. He let me know that he never wanted to hurt me, apparently referring to things he said about Jews on Rense.Com on December 2, 2012 that I discuss further below under updates. That evening I asked my readers to say prayers for him, but when I spoke to him the next morning (May 27, 2014) he made clear that the Diabetes that he was dying from and giving him so much pain was to be blamed on the Zionists who had raised the rent in his mobile home park by $30 per month. He spewed so much hatred toward the Jews that I had to hang up on him.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

edit on 2-8-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Nonsense. en.wikipedia.org...

How can a laser beam make anyone feel ill?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Going through old clippings files, I came across these, that I had either forgotten, or never realized the future significance of.

link link

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
here:

new topics

top topics

join