It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women of Ancient Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Female deities, goddesses, and everyday citizens were hugely influential in the development of Ancient Egypt. They were a part of an incredible civilization that flourished for many years. They were equal to men and there is even evidence of female pharoahs who ruled at different times during the Empire. Deeply rich with love, magic, wisdom, and beauty, these women were loved, and still are today...

www.shira.net...

Isis - www.goddessgift.com...

Sekhmet - www.orderwhitemoon.org...

Maat - www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

There is an archeologist somewhere - I can't remember all the details who has made some paradigm shattering speculation the original deity's worshiped were a pair. Not a God but a God and Goddess who was equally revered. There was an oath or a prayer or sacrifice to this female deity that kept showing up on pottery, tablets and artifacts found. It was significant because only highest ranked were prayed to. It wasn't a speculative piece either...now I have to try and find it. (I'll come back and post a link) It wasn't just speculation. She said she has proof via inscriptions, statuettes and artifact this Goddess not only existed but was worshiped equally. It brings us to the uncomfortable realization she was for some reason expunged from the records.

How and why that came about is unclear but we know the results have been deleterious to our health and well being as a species. I say this because in many of the poorest countries in an attempt to help them you first help the woman in the area find work and a place in the society. The women balance their male partners and support them easing burdens on the man so he can achieve more, together they ravel up the lose ends and pull their community along toward success in a way the men cannot do alone. A society does no good and does not prosper by keeping it's women suppressed.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here's an ATS thread posted earlier on the topic, though I am still looking for the webpages I refer to in my post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=6306847#pid6306847

Kind of deflating how many people are not interested in the topic of Goddess. I wonder if there has been any psychological manipulation or negative association lent to this issue causing the phenomena? And it is strange, the disinterest. Almost zombie-like. You would think at least females would take an interest in returning the woman to her true, elevated position in every modern culture, politics, business and society.

By psychological manipulation I mean for example; when it was decided the Goddess was to be removed from the records and collective history - anyone who mentioned her name was slaughtered. Soon it became ingrained behavior passed down generations not to discuss her. So this way or another way we MAY have been trained en mass NOT to revere her or ever acknowledge she held prominence and equal power in decision making and ruling the world. This would explain the unusual and shocking disinterest now. It is almost an avoidance and fear of the subject matter. "It can't be true" we say to ourselves... when it can and it is.

edit on 18-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

interesting thread OP... S+F for thee !
havent much time at the moment... but shall have a look later

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Thanks for this post

In the original philosophy of Egypt, which is claimed to have been passed down for at least 50,000 years.
It is stated that the soul is sexless - God and Godess represented male female (Ying /Yang ) aspects of Natural Law.
Over time their names were changed and other attributes were added - For example Isis was originally Hathor.
Nut represented the over arching sky with a costume made of stars whilst her consort was Geb (male) representing the Earth to whom Nut made love. However their genders were later altered so we have Mother Earth but it was originally a Father Earth. Another over looked female figure Seshat who was Thoths female aspect.
The original philosophy gave rise to both Male and Female being equal and indeed a balance of their energies.
One prime example being Nefenfruaten or Nefertiti who Akhenaten made equal ruler with himself.
Akhenaten father was Amenothis 111 who married Tiye daughter of Yuya and Thuya - The priesthood of Amun said Amenothis could not marry Tiye as she was considered a commoner - Amenothis defied them married Tiye and gave her the title Queen Tiye.
Egypt is rich in history but let us not forget the original gods and goddesses were not how most perceive - They are god and godess with a small g and were natural laws.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Hey thanks for the comments and the link.

Interesting how the goddess/feminine energies have been repressed. Although, I don't think that mindset will last for much longer though... www.crystalinks.com...

top topics

join