It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess who's back in Liberty Square?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Guess who's back. Back again. Occupy's back. Tell a friend. (Lame eminem)

Anyways, i have some news guys! OWS has retaken liberty square (formerly Zucotti Park). I have the direct livestream of the re-occuption right here: Live stream

Apparently this is just a 24-48 hour get together, but apparently there are whispers of complete re-occupation. I also have a relevant link for you folks here as well, And a quote of the first mission that has been outlined and planned over the winter.

What has occupy been up to?

1. Fight BAC! Occupy Takes on Bank of America

One of the big new projects to come out of the winter is the Fight BAC (Bank of America) campaign. The message of this campaign is beautifully simple: Bank of America's financial problems have led it to being propped up by the government and in the coming year it might need a bailout. Instead of being bailed out it should be broken up into smaller banks that have more community control. The reason it is failing is because of its fraudulent mortgage practices that have led to the foreclosure and housing crisis and it does not deserve more taxpayer money to foreclose on people's homes. This is a chance for the country to have a real discussion about the financial industry, and alternatives to it, as well as what collective wealth means and can do.

This is a campaign with a broad-based and nationwide coalition. The best way to get involved? Participate in one of the March 15 actions being planned (see this Web site) and move your money out of Bank of America (use this simple tool here).

They seem to have been doing some real thinking and re-organizing, learning from their mistakes and fixing them. Perhaps this time around, without the winter bearing down. More people will be obliged to join, I know people in my area will be considering the job situation has all but stopped here, and i seem to be meeting people who know whats up now. Perhaps the 'awakening' is happening, more people seem to be seeing through the B.S. And perhaps this 300+ banker situation will only fuel the fire for change.

If you are an occupier or not, what do you want changed in the world? What would you like to stand for on a global scale? Honest question

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks a bunch for the heads up. This shall be interesting see what comes of this.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Glad to see it. At least they are getting awareness out to combat the problems plaguing our society. Whether you agree with the group or not, you can't disregard the message.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

OH NOZ!!!

now seabag and the other anti occupy trolls

are gonna flood the boards!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by AzureSky

OH NOZ!!!

now seabag and the other anti occupy trolls

are gonna flood the boards!

Haha, i hear you. I really think this time around is going to be different. It feels like the time for this to happen. The autumn was just a taste of what is to come. there is enough people who care to change the world my friend. More organized will put some people at rest, they have their own intranet going right now (essentially). The occupy camps are in contact with one another now, co-ordinating on a country, and perhaps a global scale. If anything, it makes things entertaining

top topics

join