I'm not posting this to start an argument, and mods if it's in the wrong place feel free to move.
I'm not asking for lots of people to tell me that I'm wrong, why I'm wrong, and to sit in my wrongness and be wrong.
I'm not saying it will happen, I don't know, neither does anyone else..
I just wondered what happens next, IF it does happen..
Do the scientists start paying attention to what we think we know about it? (If they're not watching it already)
Or does everyone ignore it?
1. Do you believe the 188 day cycle or think it's a possibility?
2. If a large earthquake occurs will you maintain that it's a fluke?
3. What implications, if any, do you think will arise if it does happen?
1. I'm very much on the fence. I'd like some evidence personally..
2. IF, a big earthquake occurs on the 22nd (+/- a day) I'm going to struggle to swallow the hundreds of posts that will appear here immediately
This is so stupid! 8.0mag earthquakes happen all the time, it doesn't mean anything. What about all the others, or have you forgotten about them? This
could have happened any time! It was due! oh that country always gets them!... etc etc etc
As for 3.
I think any possibility to predict any earthquake is no bad thing.
I think scientists would have to pay some attention to it. (Probably next time round though... just to be sure eh?)
I think the implications would be massive.. and I often wonder if people dump all over this theory, simply because they worry about what it could
mean. I know it intrigues and concerns me a little..
There's some pretty wild speculation about the cause of a 188 day cycle, if it's real, ranging from a brown dwarf star, to a calculated regular
attacks by HAARP on various targets around the world.. (Not sold if I'm honest,
It doesn't have to be either of those, but any earthquakes that can be predicted have to have a cause right?
Let me know what you think, I'm genuinely interested in hearing what my fellow ATS'rs think about this..
edit on 17-3-2012 by Deplume because: Fail spelling is fail.