It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel-Iraq Handshake: Could this be the beginning of peace in the Middle East?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
No handshake caught more attention than that of Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom and Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi at the U.N. General Assembly Tuesday morning, Sept. 21, 2004.
Could this mean that the governments of Israel and Iraq are willing to tune things down a bit after decades-long bitter tensions between the two Middle Eastern Countries?
Other Arab nations are suspicious of the U.S. led invasion of Iraq saying it's a way for Israel to get a foothold in Iraq.
Israel denies having any personnel in Iraq. Click here for full story.
I was surprised to read this and thought other members may like to read it also. Maybe this is the beginning of prophecies being fulfilled concerning peace in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Considering Allawi is an old CIA tool, that the Coalition has insisted Iraq be pro-Israel, and Allawi is a far cry from an elected leader as chosen by Iraqis, that he'd be dead if he spent more than five minutes on the streets of Baghdad without an armored-up convoy protecting him, this doesn't mean anything.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Considering Allawi is an old CIA tool, that the Coalition has insisted Iraq be pro-Israel, and Allawi is a far cry from an elected leader as chosen by Iraqis, that he'd be dead if he spent more than five minutes on the streets of Baghdad without an armored-up convoy protecting him, this doesn't mean anything.

Same thing with saddam.

They want an Islamic state

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Is this really that surprising? Two US proxies getting along?

Israel denies having any personnel in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It is written that a peace with the many and Israel is a part of the end time prophacy that will sign the end. I myself believe that this is not the only treaty you will see even more. You will see Iran,Syria,Pakestan,Palestine
Afganastan etc. following suit shortly marked by never seen before change in world policy in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
that would be nice, but fulfilling prophecy? don't believe in it, so, whatever.

now, i am curious, why has the US, supposedly, been so nice to Israel? i keep hearing this is the case, but i never have heard why people believe it to be so.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
No handshake caught more attention than that of Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom and Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi at the U.N. General Assembly Tuesday morning, Sept. 21, 2004.
Could this mean that the governments of Israel and Iraq are willing to tune things down a bit after decades-long bitter tensions between the two Middle Eastern Countries?
Other Arab nations are suspicious of the U.S. led invasion of Iraq saying it's a way for Israel to get a foothold in Iraq.
Israel denies having any personnel in Iraq. Click here for full story.
I was surprised to read this and thought other members may like to read it also. Maybe this is the beginning of prophecies being fulfilled concerning peace in the Middle East.

It is pssible that this is the start of such fullfillment but i doubt it the (cold) conflict with Syria and Iran would have to play out as well.

new topics

top topics

join