It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Chief: We’ll Spy on You Through Your Dishwasher

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You can all thank George W. Bush for using 9/11 as a way to institute the Patriot Act. This opened the door for all this government spying and illegal searches that flies in the face of our constitution.

The world has changed after September 11th. It’s changed because we’re no longer safe. These words were used by the George W. Bush, elected President of the United States in 2000, to dictate the political direction for the 21st century.

If there was any president who single handily reversed the course of the United States it was "W". Congress and the people of this country allowed it to happen.
You can all blame Obama, but he's using the same Patriot bill established by Justice department during the Bush administration. It will continue until the people unite and say enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why be bothered about using a dishwasher when you're using the Internet? If there's any privacy concerns, what are you doing posting on forums and browsing the web?

All seems a bit much to me, anyways, who's doing the spying? Lets say there was one of these dishwashers in even 50% of a given countries population. Where is the manpower coming from to even begin to monitor that amount of info.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You'll spy on us through our dishwasher? What are you going to find out? My pants size? Sure, you could put a microphone in the dishwasher, but I'll just talk outside of the vicinity. And if that doesn't work, well, every machine has an off switch.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah it doesn't make any sense. What would be the benefit? To gain what? I live in an open plan kitchen so a lot of my appliances face the back of a sofa, a lot of good that would be.

Also, think about who makes these appliances. There's a fair few companies worldwide who have workers mass producing them on a production line. So, someone from the 'CIA' or whoever, is going to get in touch with all of the comapanies who make these appliances in every country in the world where they are produced, then, visit each and every factory in the world to try and squeeze some kind of camera thing in every single unit that gets produced in every day of every year in the world.

Not happening.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Wisest post on this thread but the mind programmed bu#es on ATS won't be able to even comprehend your statement.

911 was an arranged false flag operation that had several things the PTB could push through all at one time with "fear".

1) Take away yet more of our freedoms
2) Allow them to invade Iraq now that they had an excuse - created a "bad guy"
3) Allow the PTB to operate a police state in the name of Home Land Security more openly with the people following along like a bunch of dumb sheep.

Yes the majority of people just will not wake up and take that red pill.

So we get exactly what we deserve.

The only problem is the ones that are awake and aware have to suffer along with the rest of the zombie drones.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
scary story, the other day I was laying on my couch watching tv, it was about 11 at night, my xbox kinect made the buzzing noise like it was moving around, so I stared at it for about 10 seconds, then it moved. Im not sure if the xbox was on because I wasn't using it but it may have been but no kinect games were on it at the time and no games were in it and most likely was on the home screen, it also shuts off by itself if not used after an hour which is why I know it could not of been on. so now it's turned towards the wall, I was thinking of taping a funny pic to the camera just incase someone is watching, now Im worried after reading this thread, WTF was really happening.
edit on 17-3-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Audiokat
Why be bothered about using a dishwasher when you're using the Internet? If there's any privacy concerns, what are you doing posting on forums and browsing the web?

All seems a bit much to me, anyways, who's doing the spying? Lets say there was one of these dishwashers in even 50% of a given countries population. Where is the manpower coming from to even begin to monitor that amount of info.

good question, I'm assuming the man power would be from all the agents whose jobs got incredibly boring with the invention of facebook, I mean since they can find out anything about you now with out really trying, sounds to me they may have a little more time on their hands, so now instead of inteligence gathering since zuckerburg put an end to that, they have opened the "dishwasher and refridgerator special recon unit" or the "DRSRU" maybe they can call and remind us to add the fabric softener.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by reitze
It seems pretty obvious and easy with the smarter devices. Like anything on the TV cable or phone systems INCLUDING cell phones and computers. Oh and...

Is This a Camera In My TV box ???

the timing couldnt be more perfect if it is, they recently installed Digital boxes in every home locally that wants to watch more then 29 channels.

around the same time as the smart meters, about a month ago.

big brother is watching

That is an infrared receiver for the remote control. IR receivers all look alike. I guess they kind of do look like a miniature camera. Go to wall mart and buy an IR receiver for a circuit board, it will look exactly the same.

NO its not the IR receiver. There are 2 of those on the extreame left/right of that same glass. Since recording that video I've put a little piece of masking tape with black ink on it over that camera-location. The remote still works fine - and I verified the IR receiver locations by testing them with a cover too. Seeps better than 90% that IS a camera. Whether or not I ever got watched through it... who knows.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This topic always reminds me of this scene from the movie "Brazil".
We're from the goverment and we're here to help!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So if you smash your phone,
kick your refrigerator,
slam your dishwasher door,
unplug your microwave, deny it of power, etc.
You could be charged with assaulting a federal spy,
or worse yet, hate crimes against Artificial Intelligence.
I won't even bring up the racist part of,
which color appliances that you will only allow in
your house.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This not about an ethernet cable connecting your appliances. Google "Powerline Carrier Communications" or Power Line Carrier (PLC) (Not Programmable Logic Controllers, BTW). I'm a retired Electrical Contractor. We've used the Power Line Carrier Communication systems (PLCC) since the '70's. Leviton made systems so you could control your lights, appliances, whatever from a master console using the wiring in the house. You have to couple around a transformer from the secondary to the primary. If your neighbors are on the same transformer you can control things in their house, assuming you installed the receivers in their house. This is what the Smart Grid is about. The utility company can read your meter via the PLCC system without the need of a human meter reader. Furthermore if you have Smart components, they can turn the on and off. Without our permission many appliances have cameras, microphones, GPS, etc. installed covertly. I'm looking into a way to block the signal, perhaps with a line reactor or isolation transformer. Not sure how yet.

Also, look up Broadband over Powerline; Ethernet over powerline; Internet over powerline; audio/video over powerline...

Keep your powder dry...
B'rone

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think you are on to something.

I just posted this on another website:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What if there was a website------>

Which was hosted by the CIA but acts like a conspiracy theory website. Where thousands of people come every day and talk about what might happen, and what conspiracies there might be. But it would actually be a CIA conspiracy in itself, a mind-project to see who might be dangerous, or who might be susceptible for non-existing conspiracies. To register the reactions of people on certain stories. To follow the behaviour of a certain type of people.

How would those people know that they are actually trapped in this project?

Would they be able to get away from it?

Would everything they said be stored in files about these people, and would those records ever be used against them.

What if?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think the message is still up, because I got banned for saying that in about 2 minutes. Though about 50 people saw the thread before it got taken down and 4 responses.

One of them said: "Yeah i heard about this. I hear a guy named Travis has a lot of stocks in these kinds of stories."

Whatever that means.

Anyways, I think they are everywhere trying to find out everything about everybody. And they do not want to be exposed. That's for sure!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow this is way over the top. Why does the CIA need ears in every home? eyes in every screen? We need to have a mass rebellion against this kind of over reach by these shady clowns. How many years have paranoids and conspiracy theorists been saying this was coming? Turns out the real tinfoil hat gang is so paranoid about every single person in this country being able to think freely they remove all the privacy we have a god given right to. Soon all who arent sheep and fluoride doped will be getting black bagged and sent to reeducation camps

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Paranoia......

If your dishwasher is 'smart' (i.e. 'connected to the internet) it is a continuous indicator of your IP address, through that 'hook' I can tunnel into other devices, monitor times when your appliance is active, and perhaps even (go with me here) find a way to monitor the cross-signalling on your household power - all that wiring in your house is sure to carry spurious signals induced from inside your home....

Just spit balling ideas here... no flames necessary.

i gots me a smart meter for all that jazz. lol

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ok I'm tired but I do work in dishwasher devolopment and yes they will be able to communicate with your smart meter but at this point thats all. Not going to be on the market for a couple of years but will be in field test soon. Been pouring concrete today and too sore totype more

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join