It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Credit Score Going Global?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I happened across this news from a couple of weeks ago when I was researching Transunions TrueCredit service.

news.businessweek.com...

It says basically that Goldman Sachs is buying Transunion, who is in debt, because they think that the service will be something they can use in a lot of markets.

I'm taking that to mean that Goldman wants everyone in the world that they might do business with to have a credit score.

From the article:

“The conversion of cash to plastic is an unstoppable, global trend and several markets would be well served by a credit bureau like TransUnion,” said Philip J. Philliou of New York-based Philliou Partners, a payments consultant. “Global expansion has got to be part of Advent's investment thesis.”

It just strikes me as number of the beast stuff, and I'm not even a Christian. I do think that whole story about the number and all to do trade was a VERY good analogy for business potential to be dehumanizing to people. I think a good prophesy is good on many levels, in other words.

When I was doing my research, I ran across a lot of people just agonizing over their credit scores. I don't remember my dad doing this in the 70s when his cash flow dried up. He'd go into the bank and talk to someone he knew. One banker let him get a loan on some cars the banker KNEW were junked, but he was good for it.

Just wondered if anyone else had thoughts about this. It seems to me there is MASSIVE consolidation going on. Financed by the govt?
edit on 16-3-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
In order for a world government you would need a common currency within said government.

This, logically, would be the first step.

You can think about your credit score in one of two ways. It's either just a number or it's the amount you can borrow against yourself in the fiat currency of the location you live in.

Both of which the credit score companies care nothing about. The fact a big bank is buying a credit score company legally is enough for me to say.....

If this happens, you might as well put the shackles on your own hands. If you don't, be prepared to have them put on you without consent. It's a metaphor.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

If this happens, you might as well put the shackles on your own hands. If you don't, be prepared to have them put on you without consent. It's a metaphor.

I get that. The thing I like LEAST about the concept of "ONE WORLD" govt or anything else, financial system, religion, moral system of belief- WHATEVER - is that it gives everyone on earth no where to run to to escape it.

join