It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons 33 easily explained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by yampa
Really? huh. Do you know anyone from Elberton? (area with supposedly the highest concentration of Masons anywhere?).
According to who? Elberton only has a population of 4,743* and only has one Masonic lodge in its city limits**. (That lodge doesn't even have a website, and the Grand Lodge of Georgia website doesn't list lodge enrollment in its database.)

Actually, I can't back that up. I did think I'd read some claim like that (thus the 'supposedly' and question mark), but perhaps I got it from their local claim for Elberton as "the title "Granite Capital of the World," annually producing more granite products than any other city in the world.". High concentration of labouring masons as opposed to fraternal masons?

But yes, doesn't seem likely a population of 5000 is going to make much of a claim to be a mason capital. Apologies.

However, if we quote from the Georgia Guidestones guidebook:

"Joe H Fendley Sr is president of Elberton Granite Finishing Company, Inc and Pyramid Quarries Inc, the companies which produces The Georgia Guidestones"

"Fendley is also involved in fraternal activities. Raised a Master Mason in 1958, he is now a member of Philomathea Masonic Lodge #25 in Elberton, is a York Rite and Scottish Rite 32 degree Mason"

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

"Fendley is also involved in fraternal activities. Raised a Master Mason in 1958, he is now a member of Philomathea Masonic Lodge #25 in Elberton, is a York Rite and Scottish Rite 32 degree Mason"
Yes. All fine and good. So he's on the level with at least a half-dozen Masons here on ATS. But that's irrelevant to anything related to the Guidestones.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Yes. All fine and good. So he's on the level with at least a half-dozen Masons here on ATS. But that's irrelevant to anything related to the Guidestones.

I thought it might be relevant considering Masons have an understanding of gematria and numerical geometry. He might have observed that he was placing the Guidestones at the location -82.894506 W. Although maybe no one noticed the degree decimal units? It's not mentioned in the guidebook.

Quite a coincidence, when you consider that the square root of 2 (and related fractals/ratios) have been known about since the Sumerians. Hard to believe that Masons do not know these numbers in some form - they're important to many calculations.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I thought it might be relevant considering Masons have an understanding of gematria and numerical geometry.
Freemasonry, on the whole, doesn't pay much attention to gematria, and only limited mention of Kabbalah in general.

He might have observed that he was placing the Guidestones at the location -82.894506 W. Although maybe no one noticed the degree decimal units? It's not mentioned in the guidebook.
There are no decimals in Masonic degrees or lectures, only whole numbers.

Quite a coincidence, when you consider that the square root of 2 (and related fractals/ratios) have been known about since the Sumerians. Hard to believe that Masons do not know these numbers in some form - they're important to many calculations.
The only formula of interest to Freemasonry is Euclid's 47th proposition, aka the Pythagorean Theorem, and yes, that would generate the square root of 2 with unit value 1 for the other sides, but again, we're more interested in the forumla than the actual number 1.414…

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Another weakish link to the topic:

The Guidestones are located less than 20 miles from the 33rd parallel. Pyramid Quarries, at Pyramid Road, Elberton, where the stones were created, is less than 10 miles from the 33rd parallel.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join