It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

okay lets try this gravity theory again and explain it better

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Well if we are using Protons and Netrons to describe Mass....what about the Quantum Particles that make these up such as quarks, Glueons, Leptons...etc. which are in a state of Multiversal Existence Flux...how do we account for the quantum particles that make up these protons and neutrons. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Well if we are using Protons and Netrons to describe Mass....what about the Quantum Particles that make these up such as quarks, Glueons, Leptons...etc. which are in a state of Multiversal Existence Flux...how do we account for the quantum particles that make up these protons and neutrons. Split Infinity

Yup, they're all counted there.

Electrons are elementary particles, but hadrons like neutrons and protons aren't.

In Standard model, the energy of the gluons binding the quarks together is considered to comprise about 95% of the mass of protons and neutrons (so contrary to hype, finding the Higgs boson doesn't prove the explanation of why most stuff is heavy) Gluons etc can't be found by themselves but as the strength of the force holding the quarks together is so huge (the "strong force" in nuclear physics which makes H-bombs go boom is just a minor leakage of the real quark-gluon forces inside the protons & neutrons!).

The intrinsic mass of the other elementary particles like electrons and quarks is believed to come about by interaction with the Higgs field. Higgs field slows stuff down giving it inertia, and the property of having inertia is wound up intrinsically with mass.

So, at a deep quantum level the mass of particles arises from a pretty complex set of interactions which seems to be why the numbers are so screwy, like why does a proton have a certain mass ratio to electron which isn't a whole number at all, but electrical charge is so clean, +1, -1 or 1/3 2/3 for quarks. E&M is the perfect physics force, no nasty tricks.

This exhausts my technical knowledge on particle physics (my research was on classical nonlinear dynamics & algorithms).
edit on 20-3-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

OK...PROBLEM with your explaination...which I both Know and Understand. See...the Quanks are Numerically Blinking in and out of this Universal Existance and exchanging places in a Proton or Neutron in a verion of you or me where Choice driven by cause and effect thus PROBABILITY....is dictating that the version of you or me where a chice will be sufficient to create an ENTIRE NEW BRANCH OF REALITY OR A DIVERGENT UNIVERSAL STATE...that branch mush have Quarks in existance at MAXIMUM in it's Protons and Neutrons as both have a minimum and maximum number that Quarks can exist in each Proton or Neutron...but NEVER MORE OR LESS...but they can blink in and out of existance Multiversal Exchange at will inbetween the minimum and maximum numbers.

So this mean there is going to be a different number of Glueons in any particular Proton or Neutron since the number of Quarks is different. Thus...RELATIVE MASS. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Are you saying that atomic mass is actually a variable and not fixed quantity? If so, can you quantify how much variation is present?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

OK...PROBLEM with your explaination...which I both Know and Understand. See...the Quanks are Numerically Blinking in and out of this Universal Existance and exchanging places in a Proton or Neutron in a verion of you or me where Choice driven by cause and effect thus PROBABILITY....is dictating that the version of you or me where a chice will be sufficient to create an ENTIRE NEW BRANCH OF REALITY OR A DIVERGENT UNIVERSAL STATE...that branch mush have Quarks in existance at MAXIMUM in it's Protons and Neutrons as both have a minimum and maximum number that Quarks can exist in each Proton or Neutron...but NEVER MORE OR LESS...but they can blink in and out of existance Multiversal Exchange at will inbetween the minimum and maximum numbers.

So this mean there is going to be a different number of Glueons in any particular Proton or Neutron since the number of Quarks is different. Thus...RELATIVE MASS. Split Infinity

I don't know what you mean exactly, but the experiments show that all protons and neutrons have a very consistent rest mass. Any fluctuation is less than experimental error.

You can compute things even if your quantum state is not an eigenstate of the 'number' operator. And in neutrons/protons I think they always need to have three real (not virtual) ones because of conservation laws and so the effects of the virtual ones are pretty small.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Are you saying that atomic mass is actually a variable and not fixed quantity? If so, can you quantify how much variation is present?

Actually....although the variation in true mass would be so small an amount that it is impossible given our current Tech. limitations to discern.....BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING!

It is not only a statement based on Logic but on Known Facts....Fact 1. Quarks change in number inside a Proton or Neutron so do Glueons as the Quarks blink in and out of EXISTANCE. Fact 2. The current Hallmark of calculating Mass is total quantity of Protons and Netrons if present in an Atoms nucleus. Fact 3. Look on a Periodic Table...the number beneath the Letter or Letters that denote the Element is called the RELATIVE ATOMIC MASS....and although this is not the same as what I am talking about....it is a pattern that Particles that we consider Mass are not set in stone as far as what that quantity of Mass may be. Fact 4. Since there has been no discovery of a Graviton or Higgs-Boson....Space/Time and all that is in it may have charachteristics based on how they are connected to this Universes Geometric Construct as well as how that is connected to a Multiversal Geometric Construct where I believe the answer to the UNIFIED FIELD THEORY will be found.

But not by Humans anytime soon...we are still too stupid! LOL! But I can tell you that some....out of town...Friends?....have definitly overcome this problem and use it's apps on a regular basis. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I will address you last sentence of your post. Energy Conservation can only be precice with Fixed Quantities.

Since we KNOW that the Quantum Particles that make up Protons and Netrons are NOT FIXED....other than the fact that they have Minimums and Maximum Quantities that Quantum particles can exist within them....then by basic logic...our concepts on Energy Conservation are FLAWED. Split Infinity....ps...an Photon exists as Particle and Wave yet when the basic....slits in a piece of cardboard then shine a light at the slits....experiment is done....the Photon actualy chooses to be in two place simultaniously as well as choosing it's wave dispersement.

Our Fundemental Understanding of Physics has to be brought back to the drawing table. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join