It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Forced To Marry Her Rapist Kills Herself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Anon77

What kind of a civilization encourages the sexualization of toddlers? Or pays athletes millions while children starve?

My point is not to say that I agree with forcing someone to marry their rapist. My point is that when you take off the blinders of culture we do a lot of things that are completely messed up as well. And if we want others to "fix" whats wrong with their cultures we had better be prepared to look at ourselves in the mirror and fix whats wrong with ours.

As is stated somewhere, by someone (I really cannot remember or I would give credit) "change begins within".

I think that's the slogan from the David Lynch Foundation

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 15/3/12 by Anon77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

Never heard of him, maybe it was mentioned in a youtube video or something, but I like it.

As for the disgusting situation, well the best part is she no longer has to deal with it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Campaigners are also calling for the judge who allowed the marriage and the rapist to be jailed.

(Source: the BBC article)

Now we're talking.

Then there's the father.

Culture is no excuse for barbarity. Morocco: infamy and shame are yours to the uttermost. The world watches to see your remorse and hopes that this will never again be permitted.

Let's be truthful here , people are outraged at Morocco for this but the truth is it is Islam , this happens all the time in these Islamic countries because woman are treated like # .

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm sure it's pure coincidence that Morocco is one of the most steadfast allies to the United States outside of Europe proper and the NATO nations. One of the few remaining, I might add.

Forced marriage is an evil concept and horrible practice...and it's widely practiced in large areas of the world. Why this one, in this place...at this moment in time for a major media/internet focus? Of course...the geopolitical elephant is of no matter. Err...

Ha! also agreed, Your absolutely right that this sort of thing goes on day in day out all over the world. I think politics (and maybe to a lesser degree social networking) has everything to do with this being publicised.

I got to thinking a bit more about this and what was nagging at me in what I'd said the first time. I went looking for a map to layout the area and visualize something.....

Now..If I was on the side of looking to make a Caliphate as an Islamic answer to the Western and interesting Russian/Chinese alignments that are happening...I'd destabilize nations and move into the vacuum left by fallen Governments. So far, I'd say thats happening from the Persian Gulf (Yemen) almost to the Atlantic Ocean and down the horn of Africa. One nation..and to look, it's literally only ONE nation on the Southern side of the Med and right on across to the border of India doesn't fit with the rest. Morocco.

If we must go slamming Allies for the treatment of women and civil rights for ...well..just about anything whatsoever, I'd say we give Morocco a little break for now (we can come back later...they'll still be there) and knock on the Saudi door. I hear official state policy over there goes far beyond this for Women being abused. We're running out of allies though...quickly.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What kind of civilization makes a girl marry her rapist?

It's in the Bible: Deuteronomy 22:28.

Jesus never spoke out against it, nor did he change it, and all those homophobic Christian fundamentalists have to support it.

Few sects will openly support it today, but that's because they're selective hypocrites.

According to God's law in the Bible you must pay a fine to the father, and then the girl you have raped or "humbled" (the KJV code word for raping a woman) is yours, and you may never get rid of her.

True Bible believers should applaud this Moroccan.

It's sickening, and disgusting and rails against everything we have come to believe as good and right in the past century or two, but if the Bible is taken literally on homosexuality then fundamentalists don't have a choice - they would have to obey it, or they don't really believe in the Bible.

What the "good" book says:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

New International Version (NIV)

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

www.biblegateway.com...
edit on 15-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
True Bible believers should applaud this Moroccan.

Difference is that even the most hardcore bible-fanatics and christians developed something that resembles a brain, they arrived in the 21st Century and don't take everything that is written in that fairy-tale book for granted or think they have obey it.
Unlike the muslim world that is still at least 800 years behind the modern civilization.
(Honestly i think it's a joke, that every time, someone reports about a bad thing happening in some islam country, at least one guy jumps in and starts babble about the christian and the bible as if "mommy, mommy those people have a book that says the exact same thing, they don't follow it but that makes them just as evil!" is some sort of argument)

I don't even understand why some people here are shocked. It's common practice in islamic countries to force rape victims to marry their rapists, it's either that or stone the girl/woman to death. This and incest, honor killings and other crap is fairly common in the nations who follow the 'religion of peace'. You can read about it basically every day in various news sources.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
absolutely sickening, that poor girl!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Well said, it happens all the time for the Islamic community it just baffles me that things like this happen and nobody stops it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Nope, Christians did not suddenly develop "a brain" in 800 years.
When it comes to curtailing child-brides in Western culture, one is probably only looking at the past 4 decades, although the "clergy abuse" of children remains a major concern in Christian cults.

Rather, we developed post-Enlightenment societies based on forms of government that curtailed the activities of religious fundamentalists, and prevents them from imposing their nonsense on individuals.

The texts and laws themselves are very similar, and the fact that one can write about them in terms of "Mommy, mommy..." just shows how horrific Biblical content is trivialized, and that's a very disturbing truth about Christian fundamentalism and its inability to think rationally and self-critically.

Currently the Christian fundamentalists dote on a few points, but if they had absolute power and ran a theocratic state, it would look exactly like the worst forms of Islamist dictatorships.

Perhaps to sum up one could say that Western culture should remove itself from the influences of Islamist and also other tribal ideologies in order to keep a human rights culture, but it should also watch what is going on with its own religions, because the potential to suddenly impose legalized rape is certainly scriptural, and some sect leaders already practice it.

edit on 17-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join