It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream: Earthquake in Seattle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I suppose it depends on which way it blows and what's between you and it! LOL.

And which way the wind is blowing!

I was in Spokane when Mt St Helens made it dark as night in the middle of the day.

My wife and mother-in-law and I were driving back along skyline drive South of town . . . and off in the distance we could see what looked like storm clouds. We pulled over with some other cars and looked and someone said it was Mt St Helens. We drove on home and parked a block away to look at an open house. Had to end up leaving the car there to avoid getting ash in the engine. Covered our mouths with handkerchiefs and walked home the block. Then stayed inside for a few days. M-I-law stayed some extra days. Wheeee. Thankfully, she was a decent gal.

IIRC, there's a hotspot on Mt Spokane that stays extra hot compared to surrounding rocks the year around.

imho, lots of volcanoes are going to spring to life in coming months/years. And some will erupt where there never have been any. Time will tell.

Sooo Are you South, North, East or West of the mountain?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'm south, in the Valley area. I've never been there though so I don't know what lies between us though.

Also, given that it could blow up anytime really, I could be somewhere totally unexpected.

But we have plans to visit Seattle this summer. God I hope my dreams don't come true when I'm there -.-

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

There's nothing between you and Mt Spokane. LOL.

Who knows what will happen to Spokane. Much of South hill is volcanic bassalt IIRC.

Then there's Yellowstone! Wheeeee.

Please let me know if you get more quake dreams. I have loved ones in Seattle. And Ellensburg And Pallouse

And Spokane.

In Seattle, assuming it's still there . . . . LOL, PLEASE have a cinnamon roll at the top of Pike ST Market. With pecans. Love em. It's been 30 years. Best I've found on 2 continents.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I've been to Pike St Market ^^ but we missed the cinnamon rolls. Where exactly do we get them?

We did visit the Top Pot though it was cool.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Welllllllll hopefully you can find it before the quake . . .

I haven't been there in 30+ years. Then it was just across the street slightly at an angle from the top exit of the Pike Street Market's upper NORTH exit. It was a small shop doing a booming business. That's the best I can do. Would be very interested if it's still there. And if they have a website. LOL.

Please be safe in Seattle . . . Great city in lots of ways. Sigh.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Missing Seattle much? ^_^

We'll definitely check it out once we get there. Hopefully will post some pics too.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

That would be great.

I enjoyed Pike Street Market and the Seattle Center. I was able to go to the Seattle World's Fair in 1962 when I was in Jr High school. Loved it. The big bowl fountain worked then in concert with classical music--beautiful. Have had dinner in the Space Needle a few times since then.

I'm wondering if any more folks have had Seattle quake dreams???

I suspect they have. I hope they report them here.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Hi, I was visiting in Spokane recently from March 13- 24 and had a lot of vivid earthquake dreams and felt tremors while there. I left Spokane Sat. and headed south to be safe even though I wanted to stay longer. The dreams were so vivid I went so far as to call a couple Spokane radio stations to warn people to be prepared. (they don't really take it seriously but I think it is serious.) Hopefully nothing will happen, but it's best to be prepared. It's probably best to stay away from downtown/the city right now just to be safe.

I have been feeling earthquake tremors every night the past few nights, even here 86 miles from Spokane. When I have so many recurring dreams combined with the tremors, I pay attention to it. I dreamed the city streets were swelling and needed to release pressure with an earthquake, and that there would be a lot of destruction in the city and people would need help, and people leaving the city to get safe and there were traffic jams. The first recent dream I had about an earthquake said "you've been warned", and that scientists know about it but won't tell people. I don't know if it's in Spokane but it would make sense since I was having the dreams there, and the dreams were pretty much saying it was Spokane. I looked online and Spokane County is the only county in NE Washington that is at risk for earthquakes. It's best to trust your intuition and do whatever you can to be safe and prepared. I do feel safer away from Spokane for now. I really loved it there and hopefully it was just dreams and everything is ok!

peace

edit on 26-3-2012 by Cataluna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataluna

Thank you for the warning. I have considered that my dreams of Seattle are somehow connected to Spokane as well, since I don't feel any tremors myself I feel safe for the moment. But I havent really looked up how seismically active Spokane County is, I will though so thank you.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I found this article posted earlier in March. www.oregonlive.com...

Very informative. Shows some statistics as well.

The likelihood of a major 7+ earthquake is around 15%.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Hi, that is interesting that your earthquake dream looked like Seattle. I couldn't tell in my dream but certain specific things made me feel like it was Spokane. here is the link showing the map of counties in WA. at risk for earthquakes
www.emd.wa.gov/plans/documents/Tab_7.1.3_Earthquake_final.pdf
if you scroll down to p. 14 it shows in purple the counties at risk.

I'll check out the article you posted. I haven't had specific dreams about natural disasters in the past, except with the tsunami in Japan I dreamed something major and huge was going to happen then, just didn't know exactly what or where but that it was coming. The earthquake dreams recently have been much more specific and ongoing. I'm a light sleeper and have been feeling small tremors that wake me up at certain points. Last night I dreampt about these tremors, and these people were saying, "oh that's no big deal, tremors happen all the time, the earth is just releasing pressure." and in the dream I was thinking "why aren't they taking it seriously?". It is hard to tell when I wake up if they are actually tremors or from my dreams but they really, really feel like real tremors, that's all I can say, that there is definitely something going on somewhere with the earth releasing pressure.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yea the dream I had was an earthquake that was felt in Spokane but the epicenter was Seattle (mountains).

Edit: I see what you mean by the purple areas in the map. I find it so amazing that there are at least 3 or 4 county's between Spokane and the western mountain ranges that aren't in the danger zone but Spokane is in it.
edit on 26-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

Edit 2: This just brings the subject back to housing thats built before 1960's doesn't it? As a precaution, moving into a newer construction building would probably prove vital.
edit on 26-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I had another earthquake dream last night. This time I was in a house that was shaking a lot, and I was thinking, "this is coming from far away, this is really huge" and I was saying, "drop,cover, hold". The good thing is I didn't feel any fear, I was thinking, "this is just part of nature, everything's going to be ok".

When I wake up at night feeling some kind of earth tremor, it feels like something subtle, like energy coming from under the earth, which happened again last night. Anyhow, interesting, I've never had so many earthquake dreams before.

After having these dreams I read up a little on earthquakes and it's mainly only dangerous around old buildings, high rises, heavily populated places, bridges, overpasses, etc...so it probably is a good idea to live in or move to a newer building.

ok, stay safe and hope all is well.
peace

edit on 27-3-2012 by Cataluna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I think your the 4th or 5th person on ATS who had dreams of quakes in Seattle, that I seen in the past quarter year, and I was not even looking for it, one from another thread months ago even dreamed it all ended up under water. And considering that Seattle is all on a bunch of hills then if it does happen it will take a mega tsunami to submerge any part of Seattle "other then the waterfront that is" in water. So if the water gets that high it is going to be one big quake that will do it.

But negative op, I live about 1 hr from Seattle and no dreams of earthquakes, I know eventually in time there will be an earthquake up there. But you know it's like if you wait around long enough wherever you are at there will be an earthquake sooner or latter. But even If I would of had such a dream, well since my dreams are so convoluted I't would of been lost in translation, if I would remembered it at all.

We will see I suppose, one thing is for sure if it does happen I will see it and feel it that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I was up on Oak Harbor Island when Mt. Saint Helen's erupted. I was little and woke up to my mom yelling at me for jumping on the bed. (something I did a lot back then I guess) We had almost no ash and I don't remember it getting dark at all. I remember that my grandparents in Colorado got more ash than we did on the island.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nusnus

I actually came here to look up and see if anyone else had weird dreams about Seattle and earthquakes! Just a couple of nights ago I had a dream about there being a large earthquake in the Seattle area, but it was then followed by a huge rush of water. Think like a tsunami. Everyone was running and driving east from there, but most of them were overtaken by the water.

I remember being in a car driving east and going over an overpass, but turning onto another interstate and not being able to stop from going over the edge because we were going too fast for the turn. There was a girl in the car that looked like Julia Roberts and her arm was broken, but you could see it hanging on with wires. The message was something to the effect of this all was hinging on a wire, like the whole earthquake/tsunami was just hinging on a wire and could happen anytime. Then as the water washed over us I woke up.

I lived up on Oak Harbor Island as a kid back when Mt. St. Helens erupted, that was scary, but we had no ash to speak of and I don't remember it getting dark like it did further east of us . My grandparents had more ash in Colorado than we did on the Island.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join