It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Songs of The Beatles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i heard that these people in london found a record with four unreleased beatles songs. they're called "Colliding Circles", "Left Is Right (and Right Is Wrong)", "Pink Litmus Paper Shirt", and "Desk Chair". I heard these songs were supposed to be on the album "Rubber Soul" but for some reason didn't make the final cut. I hope they release them soon.

And did u notice that the beatles turned the second e into an a so it would be the BEAT-les instead of the BEET-les. pretty cool.

If they dont relaease these songs ill be really pissed

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Being an old pixy born in the early 60's I have to say that (in my opinon) the Beatles are the most depressive group I have ever come across. I daresay that the Samaritans will ban their songs since they are enough to make people consider suicide. Obviously, the next person who plays 'Yesterday' in my hearing will receive a red hot poker stuffed in a particularly painful area. And as for 'Yellow Submarine' - well. if you want to experience a long noisy pixyish huey, please feel free to play it.

[Edited on 22-9-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Being an old pixy born in the early 60's I have to say that (in my opinon) the Beatles are the most depressive group I have ever come across. I daresay that the Samaritans will ban their songs since they are enough to make people consider suicide. Obviously, the next person who plays 'Yesterday' in my hearing will receive a red hot poker stuffed in a particularly painful area. And as for 'Yellow Submarine' - well. if you want to experience a long noisy pixyish huey, please feel free to play it.

[Edited on 22-9-2004 by Pisky]

Pisky, you make me not want to hold your hand and that makes my guitar gently weep.
The Beatles music wasn't that great, their contribution to music though was. Taking the 45's, bunch of hits, and creating an LP. I didn't like their music but without them you don't get "Dark side of the Moon", et al, a flow of tunes that isn't just a bunch of songs but an entity of it's own. Magical Mystery Tour excluded, it sucked totally. Nice to see you here.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Beatles were and probably are the most inspirational band of all time they redored i believe 382 songs and inspired probably every band or singer you like somewhere down the line. They began a musical revalution and you guys you are surely a minority opion around here. Magical Mystery Tour bad album no way its a master piece. They may well be the best song writers of all time excludeing there very poor drummer Ringo Star "Richard Starky" 27 number one singles. They were the most poppular band ever for there short carraer there albums and singles got to numder one before they were releassed on pre orders alone. Now that a great band.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
They were revolutionary. They changed the music world forever. They were inspirational.

And I totally don't own any of their albums.

No offense to anyone...but I really never liked the,. Sure they opened doors and knocked down barriers in music, but I just don't like them. I really hate the fact that YOU MUST LIKE THE BEATLES or else...you will DIE!

Even worse, the kids that think they are obsessed with the Beatles* because they own a whopping one greatest hits album. Good for you, you know 7 of the most popular singles of their careers...you are no more interesting than you were before you bought the album.

*"beatles" can be replaced with any of the following: jimi hendrix, the ramones, the clash, metallica, or guns n roses

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You like the Beatles or not your gonna die its inevitable. Guns n roses great, metallica greater, jimi hendrix dont like him but yeah great as well and the ramones the only good thing i can say about them is that they inspired Greenday but other than that they dont really stand up like the other. You want a punk band in there then put the clash the sex pistols but not the ramones. What kids are you talking about i own alot of there albums im not sad enough to count and the first i bought was Sgt. Pepper.

To the Beatles

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I saw the Beatles LIVE on the Ed Sullivan show, I liked them buit IMO they werent in the same league as say the Doors or The Rolling Stones or even The Who. I like my Rock a little harder than the Beatles

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'd love to hear a new Beatles song. That would be remarkable. I know lots of people don't like them, or love them as much as me for example. BUT, I hope people can acknowledge their impact on music. Most of their greatest songs, at least in my opinion, weren't even on '1'. Go listen to 'I'm looking through you' really, really loud. Or 'In my life' (best song ever) - or 'Happiness is a warm gun', great song that is, erm, very weird. Look at how many albums they released and in how long and how many hits came out of them. No one can touch that.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I believe it. I mean, they did just find a concert of Hendrix in some old vault somewhere, so it could be possible. I am a huge Beatles fan, but I liked a lot of their solo stuff. If you are a Beatles fan, go out and get the Concert For Bangladesh that George made. So many incredible people were involved with it: Eric Clapton, Billy Preston, George, Ringo, Ravi Shankar, The Rolling Stones, ect. Ringo's first solo album (Ringo Starr I believe it was called) was also very good. All of John's solo stuff was great too. But as for BEST Beatles song? It would be tough, too tough for me. I like them all equally. Except for Wild Honey Pie.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The Beatles music wasn't that great, their contribution to music though was. Taking the 45's, bunch of hits, and creating an LP. I didn't like their music but without them you don't get "Dark side of the Moon", et al

That's the way I see it, plus although alot of their tunes now just sound like jingles, I still think The White Album is fantastic, you can't argue with songs like Helter Skelter...class.

As for new songs "suddenly" popping up, this seems to happen with alarming regularity. I think they've probably got a bunch of unreleased material, and to cash in on the Beatlemaniacs filter out these tunes every 5-10 years or so.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
While you can't deny their influence on music, I still hate this whole "I love the Beatles, you have to love them too!" thing. When I was little I hated them. I thought they were sugar coated and lame. But, that's because oldies stations usually only play the early songs. The experimental stuff, like "Love is a Warm Gun" and "I Want You" I have fallen in love with the past few years it seems. Any Beatles song before 1965 I can't seem to tolerate.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's an old hoax folks. Sorry.

www.snopes.com...

new topics

top topics

join