It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HD video of UFO Stalking Chilean Jets Over Santiago Air Base

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

It has already gone, IMO. This all just reeks with BS. Anytime someone says they have proof, but are not willing to show it, they are probably full of it. All you proofers need to settle down, as usual.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The Huff is a decent enough source, if it says the action is confirmed by seven other different videos, then it is worth looking into further. The shape closer up is fairly well defined, rather than overwhelmed with motion blur, although you might expect to have some. It doesn't look much like little buggers either.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If the Chilean air force releases the other six videos, from six different vantage points, on YouTube, then it's game over.

It's total and definitive "disclosure"...

So, I think they will suffer a lot of pressure to NOT release the other six videos on YouTube...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Looks like they just highlighted every bug that passes by... What a joke.

It also looks like an attempt for Leslie Kean to promote her book.

I wouldn't be surprised if other people caught the same thing on their videos, because there are bugs everywhere!
edit on 15-3-2012 by UFOGlobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
The Huff is a decent enough source, if it says the action is confirmed by seven other different videos, then it is worth looking into further. The shape closer up is fairly well defined, rather than overwhelmed with motion blur, although you might expect to have some. It doesn't look much like little buggers either.

Even more than the venue, I tend to give Leslie Kean a little more benefit of the doubt than other writers on this subject. She's very conservative in her treatment of the topic compared to most, generally not wanting to print anything that she has reason to believe will later make her look foolish.

For those who haven't read it, here's her 2000 article from the Boston Globe, which discusses the French UFO study group COMETA. She's an excellent writer and researcher.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Okay, well point taken. I still think it looks different than those images you posted though, like something reflective.

This one video is such a tease, I hope someone's not pulling our leg.
edit on 15-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why is this thread, with actual video footage, presented by a government agency, languishing and there is a typical bogus alien invasion story on the front page?

Unless an emanation of the Chilean government is hoaxing then this would appear to be the real deal.

If its independently observed on 7 videos which correlate its movements then its not a bug.
If its a hoax its a mighty sophisticated one.

We need to be clamouring for all the raw footage to be released along with more details of where it was taken from, when, by whom what analysis was done.

Bump this to the front page. This is why this site was created.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker

Originally posted by smurfy

Even more than the venue, I tend to give Leslie Kean a little more benefit of the doubt than other writers on this subject. She's very conservative in her treatment of the topic compared to most, generally not wanting to print anything that she has reason to believe will later make her look foolish.

For those who haven't read it, here's her 2000 article from the Boston Globe, which discusses the French UFO study group COMETA. She's an excellent writer and researcher.

Yes, and that's the way it should be. Someone else has also written up this event, in that case the writer states that seven witnesses came forward with their own video material of the same event.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

and

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Show some orb activity at the floor.
It will mean nothing to the anti Tesla cartel agents of the .01% but might be solid
evidence to Tesla agents as signs of a Teslaship.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net

Anyone habla espaniol?

Frame from the first video at the FACH Ceremony in El Bosque, Nov. 4, 2010, showing a clear image of the metallic looking object. (Credit: CEFAA).

The second video taken during the same FACH ceremony showed exactly the same metallic-looking unidentified object flying right below a formation of F5 jets.

As explained by Gen. Bermúdez in his lecture, “the object is very near the F5, and our study, the heat study” showed the similarity of “the F5 with the object, same for the shadow, a very interesting case.”

The CEFAA analysis estimated that the radius of the UFO was between 5-10 meters.

Frame from the second El Bosque video with the F5s showing the heat signature of both the FACH jets and the UFO. (Credit: CEFAA)

The FACH’s El Bosque ceremony then proceeded with a flyby of eight F16s and once again the metallic-looking object appeared in yet another video.

www.ufocasebook.com

So what this is saying is that some of these images (such as the ones RUSSO posted in his OP) are from different videos?

Here are the articles sources:

source & references:

www....(nolink)/ufo-disclosure-chilean-style-896/

www.cefaa.gob.cl...

Is (nolink) a known hoaxing site or something? ATS is blocking the link.
edit on 15-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is the most compelling thread I've seen on here for a long long time. I actually bothered to log in for the first time in ages to add to this. I'm genuinely excited.

As others have posted. They need to upload all remaining video footage and make this public. I'm just hoping that the US etc... don't apply pressure to prevent full disclosure of this event.

I firmly believe that the south Americas will be the first with hard evidence to prove the existence of these types of craft. At some point. The US will have to release their strangle hold on the flow of information and step up to the plate and tell us what they know. I hope that the information put forward in the OP helps to force their hand.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

But afterward, an engineer from the adjacent Pillán aircraft factory noticed something bizarre while viewing his footage in slow motion.

This is a telltale sign that whatever these blobs are, they are not spacecraft. No one present saw it. Now before you say "yeah but it was flying too fast", human perception is quite amazing and even an object moving fast enough to just appear in a few frames of a video would have been quite obvious to people on site. There have been many, many instances of people watching videos after-the-fact and seeing strange things they didn't notice during filming, but they're almost always bugs or birds. The fact is that bugs are just part of the background to us because we're so used to them. We don't even notice them or pay attention to them. But a small bug close to a camera can look on video like a larger object moving extremely fast because we're viewing it in 2D and we have no depth perception in 2D.

Now someone mentioned that it was caught on 7 different cameras, but I see no reference to that in the article. If they could locate different videos from different vantage points that all show the same thing then it would be worth investigating further because you'd have to dismiss it being bugs close to the camera. But MUFON applies the rule that if there are no eyewitnesses then the story is dead before it begins, and that would seem to be the case here because even the person filming was not an eyewitness.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOneNow someone mentioned that it was caught on 7 different cameras, but I see no reference to that in the article.

A direct quote from the article

CEFAA officials collected seven videos of the El Bosque UFO taken from different vantage points.

We just need them to release the other videos.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that it's a bug mostly because look at the shot where it passes the F15's, In 3 shots it makes it all the way across the screen, and the F15's virtually haven't moved at all. That indicates to me that it must me moving extremely fast. Much more fast than any insect i've ever heard of

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
I find it hard to believe that it's a bug mostly because look at the shot where it passes the F15's, In 3 shots it makes it all the way across the screen, and the F15's virtually haven't moved at all. That indicates to me that it must me moving extremely fast. Much more fast than any insect i've ever heard of

Well it could just be the distance. Something far away seems to move slower than something right in your face. Good point though, you could be right about that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Well it could just be the distance. Something far away seems to move slower than something right in your face. Good point though, you could be right about that.

The bug explanation falls away when presented by multiple videos all showing the same thing from different vantage points. It can't be the same bug on all the lenses.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Its very easy to miss, and its the only frame that wasn't highlighted but if you look up above the peoples heads at 00:10 it appears and then instantly vanishes.

After a second look it appears that the film was rewinded to show which direction the object came from. That thing is fast!
edit on 15-3-2012 by Gunsmoke38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

The bug explanation falls away when presented by multiple videos all showing the same thing from different vantage points. It can't be the same bug on all the lenses.

Did I miss a post? Where are the multiple videos showing multiple angles? Were they presented in this thread? Or is that still just a rumour?
If it is just a rumour, then the bug theory is absolutely spot on IMO.....

edit on March 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by justwokeup

Did I miss a post? Where are the multiple videos showing multiple angles? Were they presented in this thread? Or is that still just a rumour?
If it is just a rumour, then the bug theory is absolutely spot on IMO.....

edit on March 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Its stated in the original article and is the reason that makes this event potentially more interesting than the usual dross thats 99% of posted on UFOs.

As myself and several others have already said whats required to take this forward is release of all 7 videos for independent scrutiny.

Pressure needs to be brought so they get released.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Some of the most compelling footage I've ever seen. I initially tried to pass it off as a bug as well, but this is the strangest looking bug I've ever seen if that's the case:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join