It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Episodes of Intense Doomsday Reality Shows.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Holy cow! So, last night I discovered this new show via youtube called Doomsday Preppers. I watched a couple episodes and was amazed that a show like that is being aired on television. Each episode in the series discusses three different doomsday prepper families and their plan for continued livelihood after a doomsday scenario.

After watching my second episode in the series, I discovered another show called Doomsday Bunkers. This series follows a legit underground bunker building series, in a pawn stars fashion, like it's no big deal.

Oh M Jay.

If you haven't seen the shows, I highly suggest them.

"Doomsday Preppers explores the lives of otherwise ordinary Americans who are preparing for the end of the world as we know it. Unique in their beliefs, motivations, and strategies, preppers will go to whatever lengths they can to make sure they are prepared for any of life’s uncertainties. And with our expert’s assessment, they will find out their chances of survival if their worst fears become a reality."
channel.nationalgeographic.com...

It's ironic that different networks are cashing in on the doomsday preparation fad. It's too late to say "something's going on..." It's in societies face now. I personally do not own a television, or watch national tv programs, but I came across these shows on Youtube yesterday, and had to share them.
As seen in the premiere episode of Doomsday Bunkers, there’s people living among us who believe our civilization is falling apart and the apocalypse is fast approaching. In order to prepare for the mayhem they are certain will ensue, these people, known as “Preppers,” take all necessary steps to prepare for the end of the world.

In addition to piling up on guns and food, these “Preppers” have one main concern — finding a safe haven that will protect their family from the outside world. Lucky for them, Scott Bales and his company Deep Earth Bunker are experts when it comes to building custom shelters designed to do just that!

Scott Bales lives to push engineering to the limit, which is evident in this week’s premiere episode. In order to help a client who has fallen victim to theft, he creates a motion-controlled security system using a turret.

So, did this invention actually work? Check out the video below to find out! Be sure to tune-in every Wednesday night at 10pm E/P for all-new episodes of Doomsday Bunkers!" dsc.discovery.com...

There is an extremely obvious increase in awareness coming from pop culture.

(Just throwin' it in there)

Love you, ATS. Will miss you when S hits the Fan.

I worry about my continuance abilities because I'm just I am a college student who also has a Secondary Generalized Seizure Disorder. I know that I will run out of my medication within a month of the pharmacies not being open. That terrifies me. Plus, as I mentioned, I'm only a college student. I SURVIVE off of my financial aid money. In fact, I'm broke right now, ha.

Point being, I don't have the money to build a bug out bag, or stock up on food and water. My cupboards are practically bare right now. All I have in the fridge is fruit and veggies. ..and other perishable foods.

If these Solar Flares and CMEs increase, and knock out the power grid for an extended amount of time, I am ROYALLY screwed.

Will anyone let my partner and I stay in their bug out area or bunker? PLEASE! I am very knowledgeable and so is my partner. She is a University librarian and I'm a student. Plus, we are gorgeous!

Take Care Friends!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

The makers of shelters are cashing in, they only have 8 months left until the orders stop coming in. I wonder how pissed they will be on December 22, 2012

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As a mother who has several daughters in your age range, let me go motherly on you. First of all, don't tell me that you don't have an extra few dollars a week to buy a box of crackers, a jar of peanut butter, or a can or two of food. It does build up over time.

Secondly, you ARE able to store water. Each time you use up a plastic jug of milk, juice, or whatever, you can clean it out and put in water that you can store, rather than just throwing the container out. That also builds up over time.

Thirdly, you are putting you and your partner out there as "gorgeous" in order to get somebody to take you into their shelter. Who do you think is going to take you in? Families, or a group of single men who plan on making you pay for your food and water?

Think smart and do what you can to have at least a little bit of extra food and water. If the S never hits the F, at least you have some extra goodies. My daughters aren't saving one bit, they plan on running here to us because they know I have been prepping for a year now. If you don't have any preppers in your family, you'd best get to doing what you can do now, and don't plan on anybody saving you at the last minute.

Motherly tirade over. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
did you just turn your tv on or something. lol j/k. there fun shows. Doomsday prepers is cool but they seem to do one really prepped family and the other two familys seem.... well lost.... dont get me wrong, they have the right idea but need to think things out more. Like the guy bugging out in his 2005 jeep after an EMP..... ok, news flash, your jeeps not going to start. lol

Its cool that the shows are now on TV but it scares me that the sheep are awakening. The only way to keep this ponzie going is to make sure all the sheeple are asleep but once they start wakeing up.... its game over.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
the show paints real preppers in a false light. watch all the episodes. the radio entusiest had his guns and many other things take away from him after the show aired. thanks to TPTB.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
As a mother who has several daughters in your age range, let me go motherly on you. First of all, don't tell me that you don't have an extra few dollars a week to buy a box of crackers, a jar of peanut butter, or a can or two of food. It does build up over time.

Secondly, you ARE able to store water. Each time you use up a plastic jug of milk, juice, or whatever, you can clean it out and put in water that you can store, rather than just throwing the container out. That also builds up over time.

Thirdly, you are putting you and your partner out there as "gorgeous" in order to get somebody to take you into their shelter. Who do you think is going to take you in? Families, or a group of single men who plan on making you pay for your food and water?

Think smart and do what you can to have at least a little bit of extra food and water. If the S never hits the F, at least you have some extra goodies. My daughters aren't saving one bit, they plan on running here to us because they know I have been prepping for a year now. If you don't have any preppers in your family, you'd best get to doing what you can do now, and don't plan on anybody saving you at the last minute.

Motherly tirade over. Thank you.

Hi! I like your profile picture
Thank you for the advice. I was honestly joking about asking for a place to go. My family and I live out in Tucson in the desert, and we have an escape plan and destination.

We don't have any food and water stockpiled at my home, but there is somewhere that her and I can go. I have family that live within walking distance. They have some things saved up, like seeds and water filtration systems, weapons, and camping gear. My brother is a survivalist who goes up to Mount Lemmon and builds canopy's between the pine trees.

My main REAL concern is my seizure disorder and lack of medication. Any tips?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
90 % of my bug out bag is medical supplies. every thing from tape, bandages, antibiotics epinephrine, and much more.

i have 3 cache in my area with MRS, water, protection, more medical supplies, and maps.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

My main REAL concern is my seizure disorder and lack of medication. Any tips?

Forgive the obvious question, but this cannot be stockpiled? What would you do, for instance, if you were to go on an extended vacation?

The most realistic scenario for you to consider is probably a regional disaster of some sort, or extended economic disaster - in those instances, you may have to be able to fend for yourself/friends/family for a period of time, but it will not be an extended, long term situation. If you had enough medication to get you by for the immediate period, you would be okay. Think 6 months to a year.

Is that something that you could talk to your doctor about?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I too just recently caught these shows.

Point being, I don't have the money to build a bug out bag, or stock up on food and water. My cupboards are practically bare right now. All I have in the fridge is fruit and veggies. ..and other perishable foods.

Nonsense. Check the survival forum here on ATS. I think you'd be surprised at assembling a basic bug-out bag. It's not that expensive, and you can always do it in pieces, a little at a time. If something is on the horizon, I'm wagering there's still quite a bit of time before it goes to hell.

A little each week, or each month, and you'll be fine. On water, just save containers. On food, cereal bars are best, and there are always good coupon deals on them. I totally get the college thing...been there, done that, and I still love Ramen noodles even! But, knowing what I do now, it isn't like you have to run out and assemble your bag overnight. A gun will be the biggest expense, but it isn't a total necessity either...in most SHTF scenarios, your best bet is to hide, not get in a gunfight. Not to mention, even a minor bullet wound can be deadly when you can't just go to the hospital, etc.

You're right in trying to make friends though. If you can find someone local who is more prepared than you, and get in with them....that's a good thing. Teamwork would be crucial in a SHTF scenario. Of course, you'll need to bring something to the table, so best to assess what you can offer (knowledge, labor, a good shot, woodcraft skills, etc.)

Forgive the obvious question, but this cannot be stockpiled? What would you do, for instance, if you were to go on an extended vacation?

Depends on the drug. a) the effectiveness of most drugs diminishes with time, b) there may be legal constraints limiting one from stocking up on it legally, c) to stockpile, you have to do so in other ways that may skirt the legal constraints.

What you can do though, is map out your nearby pharmacies and know what to hit if everything goes to hell. Chances are, even if those places are looted before you get there, your meds wouldn't be the ones taken. Sure, some dumb looters will just take whatever they get, but the smart SHTF looter will take things like pain-killers, antibiotics, etc

Like the guy bugging out in his 2005 jeep after an EMP..... ok, news flash, your jeeps not going to start. lol

Most EMP pulses would only affect things that are actually ON at the time of the pulse. In most cases, his Jeep would be fine, as long as it didn't happen while he had it on. However, there are ways a really severe EMP could take out OFF electronics as well, but not that likely to happen.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join