It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese human fossils unlike any known species

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

This is a human ancestor.

This is unlikely, considering we were in China before they were. Unless they find fossils of this new species older than 14,500 years. They may have been descendants of Denisovans or H. erectus.

The Red Deer Cave people already have their own wiki entry:
en.wikipedia.org...

Some scientists don't even believe they are a separate species, but:

Other scientists remain skeptical, suggesting that the unique features are within the variations expected for human populations.[4]

They are trying to do DNA analysis on them now, to see where they fit on the human evolutionary tree.

edit on 15-3-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Finds like this are amazing! But it leads me to a hypothesis all my own.

I know we have become accustomed to the idea that we are the dominant (and generally accepted as the only) bi-pedal mammal of the ape family to rise out of the ages of time. My idea is perhaps, as the evolutionary trees show us, at one point in time there is always 2 or more of a specific species living in generally the same time frame. Perhaps our cousins are not dead leaving us the only "humans" here, but rather are wise enough to avoid us, or have possibly becoming far more advance than us on a different level than we live on now. I mean, perhaps we are the only humans here on earth....but with life being as diverse as it is here, and given the fact that discoveries like this keep showing us how little we know about what "WE KNOW" maybe it's not too far of a stretch for some.

I mean, some pose the idea that if you think we are alone in the universe then you are crazy; I would equally pose; Well if you think we are alone on this planet....but then again I only have a degree currently in OMFGWTF so what do I know really? lol

Not to risk sounding like the ancient aliens guy but,
Maybe it's our evolutionary cousins flying all those UFOS X)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a new fossil
well that rocks!

from the land of Roy Chapman Andrews and dino eggs
i remember as a child reading this book in the sixties
I am so glad to see the romance of discovery is still alive and well

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Come on Dan take a real good look at that half a human skull pic. That's all I'm seeing. A very old, BROKEN
normal looking human skull fossil. Beware the power of suggestion. I think the article is full of crap.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So does this mean we aren't all descendants from africa? Quite a interesting find. And yes to that other poster. HAARP definitely did it

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

i know what you mean but cant put my finger on it. .. edgar cayce?? damn i'll be up all night now.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I suppose all it would take would be to get a sample of DNA from the skull to see if it is a species on its own, a variation of an existing species, or a result of interbreeding between species. The interbreeding scenario seems plausible to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join