It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
After reading this guys bio I have to wonder if his next step is to be a shrimpin' boat captain.

In all seriousness though, I hope this is a start to a new trend, and not just a guy who drinks too much and watches Jerry McGuire.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
After reading the article to see in this guy has moved off grid and will be hiding out the rest of the year in anticipation of the end to western civilization and decay of society I found he is just pissed he didn't get promoted.
Oh well, better luck for me next time.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Moneyisgodlifeisrented

what do mean things aren't looking badly. 18 banks failed in 2 years. there's nothing left to fail.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nobody wants to be around when we have to tell Germany that we sold all thier gold to China.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if he jumped ship.
There are a line of hungry people just itching at the chance to make money no matter what.

I applaud his convictions and with coming out with the story,but I doubt it will really change anything.

Well,maybe those who are in this business won't be so obvious about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What a load of pre-packaged, multimillion dollar Madison Ave bull ship! This apologist a-hole parachutes away with untold millions of dollars he ripped off his muppets. If he were being sincere, which he obviously is not, he would have offered to donate his ill-gotten goods from participating in the single most evil, destructive, manipulative disease to ever infect our planet.

Sure Bozo, you never saw any crimes being committed, you lying sack of skata. We are simply suffering from a case of misplaced values. Everything will be just fine once we get rid of two individuals.

I say tell it to a judge and tell it to God. Goldman Sachs/Federal Reserve/Rothchilds is responsible for more pain and human suffering than Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot multiplied by Hirohito and the Bush crime syndicate.

Go to Hell and don't ask me for some crumbs or a glass of water you filthy hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Just learning about this myself from watching NBC Nightly news with Brian Williams.

New someone on ATS would have a thread about it by now. Yep, I was right.

Videos included:

Goldman Sachs, arguably the most storied investment bank on Wall Street, has been compared to a money-sucking vampire squid and called the evil empire of finance. On Wednesday it got an entirely different kind of black eye — delivered by one of its own.

Greg Smith, an executive director at the bank, resigned with a blistering editorial that accused the bank of losing its "moral fiber," putting profits ahead of customers' interests and dismissing customers as "muppets."

The decline of the bank's culture, he wrote, threatened the bank's survival after 143 years.

The stinging editorial, "Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs," which appeared in The New York Times, was the talk of Wall Street. Smith became a trending topic on Twitter.

CNBC ran clips of the ornery balcony critics from "The Muppet Show." Other websites quickly posted spoofs: "Why I am leaving the Empire," allegedly penned by Darth Vader from "Star Wars," was one getting attention.

Goldman swiftly issued a three-sentence statement disagreeing with Smith. "In our view," the bank said, "we will only be successful if our clients are successful. This fundamental truth lies at the heart of how we conduct ourselves."

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Really, who is suprised by this at this point and time???

Whether you are prepared to believe it or not it is apparent: Some people are not playing by the same rules.
edit on 14-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've had two friends who have left goldman sachs over the last few years. both of them talked about 18 hour days, and the sadistic opinions/mentality of the company in general regarding their view of their clients.

Goldman sachs is a model of how not to act as a human being.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Someone should take that firm DOWN! in such a way that the whole lot of them get charged with crimes.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I haven't watched any TV today, has the media covered this? Are they just treating him like a disgruntled employee, I wonder?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Muppets eh?

Look at those stupid gullible muppets down there suckers! Good thing we are not part of this show we are too big to fail muahahaah - Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs pictured above
edit on 14-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm thinking that some sort of ill will will befall this guy in the coming weeks, he will have a "mysterious suicide" due to the stress that leaving this job will have caused him.

Of course, Goldman Sachs will have nothing to do with it as confirmed in an "official inquiry"

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
These are the kind of scumbags that both political parties have sold out too.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Goldman has been quick to push back on Smith’s claims, portraying him as just a disgruntled employee. Some employees told Fox Business’ Charlie Gasparino that Smith doesn’t know what he’s talking about because he “never made more than $750,000 a year.”

thinkprogress.org

/facepalm
Yeah, these people are in touch with reality...
edit on 14-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
G O L D M A N S U C K S

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

What a load of pre-packaged, multimillion dollar Madison Ave bull ship! This apologist a-hole parachutes away with untold millions of dollars he ripped off his muppets. If he were being sincere, which he obviously is not, he would have offered to donate his ill-gotten goods from participating in the single most evil, destructive, manipulative disease to ever infect our planet. Sure Bozo, you never saw any crimes being committed, you lying sack of skata. We are simply suffering from a case of misplaced values. Everything will be just fine once we get rid of two individuals. I say tell it to a judge and tell it to God. Goldman Sachs/Federal Reserve/Rothchilds is responsible for more pain and human suffering than Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot multiplied by Hirohito and the Bush crime syndicate. Go to Hell and don't ask me for some crumbs or a glass of water you filthy hypocrite.

Zarp, I couldn't agree more. Call me cynical, but does he really expect anyone to believe that this cut-throat behavior is something that's only gotten bad within the last 12 months? Goldman Sachs didn't get to the corrupt level they are at now within just a few years. He's worked there 12 years. He says this clients had a total asset base of one trillion dollars. Sounds like he was doing some fine work there. And it was all legit, right?

He was selected as one of only 10 people to participate in their recruiting video that was shown internationally at every major university. He trained and mentored interns. I'm sure he was given this position due to his honesty and integrity, right? I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with the fact he knew all the tricks of the trade to in order acquire a client asset base that totaled one trillion dollars.

And I guess we're also supposed to believe that the newspaper that sends top executives to the secret Bilderberg meetings every year has also turned over a new leaf by being so kind as to print this whistleblower's letter that exposes all these skeletons in the Goldman-Sachs closet so the public can be more informed, like any ethical publication would, right?

edit on 14-3-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Rats leaving the sinking ship, nothing more. He has zero integrity and is as guilty as the rest of them.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
What a load of pre-packaged, multimillion dollar Madison Ave bull ship! This apologist a-hole parachutes away with untold millions of dollars he ripped off his muppets. If he were being sincere, which he obviously is not, he would have offered to donate his ill-gotten goods from participating in the single most evil, destructive, manipulative disease to ever infect our planet.

Sure Bozo, you never saw any crimes being committed, you lying sack of skata. We are simply suffering from a case of misplaced values. Everything will be just fine once we get rid of two individuals.

I say tell it to a judge and tell it to God. Goldman Sachs/Federal Reserve/Rothchilds is responsible for more pain and human suffering than Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot multiplied by Hirohito and the Bush crime syndicate.

Go to Hell and don't ask me for some crumbs or a glass of water you filthy hypocrite.

My sentiments exactly!

I am ever the pessimist, but something about the New York Times printing the expose of a disgruntled Goldman Sachs executive ravings while walking out the door did not sit right with me at first glance.

Like you said, if he truly feels how he feels then what avenues is he taking to give back his ill gotten wealth gained from this "muppet" controlling company??

Don't try to tell me Goldman Sachs wasn't doing similar business practices 12 years ago when this guy first signed on. This whole thing, to me anyway, is screaming controlled dissent. Like the big Whigs stage a loud, and boisterous retirement from someone with true, but ultimately weak points that they (Goldman Inc) can later dispel in order to assure their muppets, and the rest of us alike, that they truly do have our best interests at heart...

Come to think of it, doing something for years, complaining about it's inherit evilness, all while collecting a check from those same practices, is something our politicians do everyday....Maybe this guy is priming himself for the public sector lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I like it.

Money-sucking vampire squid.

Has a nice ring.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

My sentiments exactly. My intuition tells me those leaving were told to get with the program or leave...so they chose the more ethical choice. Just a thought. I hope it isn't true, but seeing this guy leave in conjunction with all the others is suggestive.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join