It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Soldier that Killed Innocent Afghan Civilians Opinions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have been following this story,as you are aware ,that this US Staff Sargent went off and killed women and children in a rampage.

I am not completely informed on the matter,but in my opinion,he should be turned over to the Afghans for prosecution.

If that happened in our country,or in any of our allied countries we would demand the same,right?

This guy went totally off the wall and killed people .

Link to the story.

The U.S. soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan civilians over the weekend is not talking and is generally not cooperating with investigators, U.S. military officials said Tuesday as details of his arrest began to emerge in a case that could lead to an insanity plea or possibly the death penalty. On Sunday, the soldier, whose name is being withheld until charges are filed, reportedly walked off the U.S. base in Kandahar province -- where he had been stationed for just six weeks -- and allegedly entered homes in a nearby village, shooting people while they slept. Nine children and three women are among the dead, and some of whose bodies were apparently burned. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

I love and respect America,but this is just not us.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If seventeen Americans were killed by ANYONE outside of our country, we'd probably invade them and our government would spew a hate-fueled propaganda war to scare the public.

When an American kills seventeen people, he's deemed "mentally unstable" and shipped back home.

Ha, what a joke. I hate living in this country.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think we should put him on trial in our country, not in Afghan courts.

According to a friend who is on base near Kandahar, this is the basic chain of events. They burned copies of the Quran on base because detainees were using it to pass secret messages. In response to this violation of their sacred book, Afghan army/armed men started shooting into base at Kanda. In further response, the SSgt went on a rampage and killed 16 people, 9 children and 3 women among them.

IMO, he needs to be put on trial in US courts and convicted of murder.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What I want to know is, did no one see him leave? Who was on watch on the perimeter and why did they allow him to leave alone if thats the case. When I was deployed to Iraq there was no way we could have left our base on our own without someone knowing. It just doesn't make sense to me.

If someone knowingly allowed him to leave alone then that person should be charged with derilection of duty at the very least.
edit on 13/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
he should get the death penalty. his mind is diseased and he should be freed from it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
What I want to know is, did no one see him leave? Who was on watch on the perimeter and why did they allow him to leave alone if thats the case. When I was deployed to Iraq there was no way we could have left our base on our own without someone knowing. It just doesn't make sense to me.

If someone knowingly allowed him to leave alone then that person should be charged with derilection of duty at the very least.

Agreed. Can't answer that one, as I don't have all the pertinent information. Its possible he managed to get past the PG but lets be fair, they were Army, and soldiers can be sloppy.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
One point raised by my friend near Kanda said since he was a SSgt, he may have ordered the perimeter guard to let him through, but that doesn't sound very likely.

He was also drunk, and drinking is literally illegal on base, so somehow this dude broke a bunch of regs, shot these people, then crawled back to base and was apprehended. Fishy to me, in some respect.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
My opinion is, that these murders probably were committed by more than one lone nut soldier.

While it may be possible for a soldier to sneak away from his base, it is unlikely, that he can do this not only with his rifle, but also carrying canisters with enough inflammatory substances to burn 16 bodies.
Murder in Afghanistan, the Coverup Begins (updates)

There are also several news reports out which describe more than one shooter. They may not be very reliable sources, but according to these sources, villagers who witnessed the crime reported more than one shooter. The military and authorities nearly always tend to downplay the own atrocities. If I add the fact, that the identity of the “lone nut shooter” is still protected by the military, I simply can't trust the official version.
Several drunk troops behind bloodbath, laughed on shooting-spree, burned corpses

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I agree with the person who started this thread, fair is fair.

If the US government doesn't hand its people over in situations like this how is that different from implicitly acknowledging its OK? It seems only reasonable. I think most of us know that no government, American or otherwise, is really reasonable at all tho.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ask some people in Okinawa what they think about that. G'ahead, you'll see.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor

Agreed. Can't answer that one, as I don't have all the pertinent information. Its possible he managed to get past the PG but lets be fair, they were Army, and soldiers can be sloppy.

I saw a reply from a trooper that used to be in Afghanistan, he said its easier to go in and out once you have access to the camp. It was in the original thread, sorry i can;t go through it right now.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by Holodomor

I saw a reply from a trooper that used to be in Afghanistan, he said its easier to go in and out once you have access to the camp. It was in the original thread, sorry i can;t go through it right now.

It depends on what branch he's in. Like I said my friend in the USMC can't get off base to save his life unless he's got some pretty strict approvals. You can't just walk out the door at his post.

Probably different for the USArmy though.

new topics

top topics

join