It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation Tricks You into Not Thinking it is Itself Babylon by Pointing to an Imaginary Babylon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What books written by atheists to believers about the Bible? I didn't say that, are you thinking of someone else?
Then who in the world was your post about? You were posting it as a reply to Lazarus by quoting him talking about Gunkel. It seemed safe to assume you were talking about his "ilk" as Lazarus loves to say. You have this funny way of saying something, then when challenged, denying you ever said it. This is a frequently recurring behavior that you can not honestly deny.

Come on, use the grey squishy matter between your ears that God gave you.
This contradicts your earlier statement about human understanding.

That would include the scripture He inspired men to write.
You are making the exact same argument you just told someone else was futile with me since it comes from 2 Timothy, a forgery, meaning not written by Paul. You can't take something not written by Paul to explain Paul, saying "here he explains what he says over there". This goes back to what I was just talking about, that you are saying someone like Gunkel can not write about the Bible since (according to you) he does not believe in God, which is beyond absurd on your part, in my opinion.
edit on 15-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60

My question would be why people who claim to be Christians make such bold lies as slander, in the spirit of Satan?

You know what jm, that thinly-veiled insult . . .
It is not veiled. I'm telling it like I see it, without hiding behind anything, or any apology.
My one editing job that you are talking about had nothing to do with "the argument" but was my revealing, by cutting away some of the rhetoric, the degree of egotism in your post where you place yourself above God and Jesus and all the Apostles and all the prophets.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

My question would be why people who claim to be Christians make such bold lies as slander, in the spirit of Satan?

You know what jm, that thinly-veiled insult . . .
It is not veiled. I'm telling it like I see it, without hiding behind anything, or any apology.
My one editing job that you are talking about had nothing to do with "the argument" but was my revealing, by cutting away some of the rhetoric, the degree of egotism in your post where you place yourself above God and Jesus and all the Apostles and all the prophets.

That's yet another bold-faced lie from your lips. You took my post and edited it to make it appear I said the exact opposite of what I really said. And then you tried, (notice i said tried), to ridicule and attack me about a quote you completely fabricated yourself. Not only that, you continue to lie and slander me about what I say and believe even when I've corrected you no less than a dozen times.

That's lying and slander in an attempt to one-up your opposition. That's the epitome of classless behavior, and not only that, it's purposeful, willful deception. So now, with that said, re-read your unveiled insult to me above and now you, and everyone else, can see your hypocrisy on full rancid display.

Save your accusations of lying slander for someone who won't spit their drink all over the PC monitor laughing at your ridiculous hypocrisy.

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What books written by atheists to believers about the Bible? I didn't say that, are you thinking of someone else?

Then who in the world was your post about? You were posting it as a reply to Lazarus by quoting him talking about Gunkel. It seemed safe to assume you were talking about his "ilk" as Lazarus loves to say. You have this funny way of saying something, then when challenged, denying you ever said it. This is a frequently recurring behavior that you can not honestly deny.

Look, I'm getting tired of your crap dude, you said this:

"You have had a couple months to come up with a name of one of these hypothetical atheists who write books for believers about the Bible, so this is just your dishonest rhetoric."

So what was I saying "a couple of months" ago about "atheists who write books for believers about the Bible"? Where is this quote from "a couple months" ago saying this above? Where is my statement from "a couple months" ago that I was going to provide said books?

I've challenged you on that, and now apparently it wasn't something I said "a couple months" ago as you claimed earlier, now it's about what I said in THIS thread about Gunkel you made a couple DAYS ago?

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So what was I saying "a couple of months" ago about "atheists who write books for believers about the Bible"? Where is this quote from "a couple months" ago saying this above? Where is my statement from "a couple months" ago that I was going to provide said books?

I've challenged you on that, and now apparently it wasn't something I said "a couple months" ago as you claimed earlier, now it's about what I said in THIS thread about Gunkel you made a couple DAYS ago?

It is basically about how if I quote a biblical scholar, you ridicule biblical scholars as being virtually paid liars.
I am asking as I did a couple months ago to name one of these scholars you keep referring to in order to discredit apparently the very idea of scholarship (accept, of course, the one you watch on YouTube).

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It is basically about how if I quote a biblical scholar, you ridicule biblical scholars as being virtually paid liars.
I am asking as I did a couple months ago to name one of these scholars you keep referring to in order to discredit apparently the very idea of scholarship (accept, of course, the one you watch on YouTube).

Excuse me, "basically"?

Right, thank you for admitting I never said what you claimed I said.

I've never called bible scholars "paid liars". If you disagree, provide the quote. If not, never say that nonsense about me again. I said i was not too fond of the opinions of CRITICS, not scholars. And I'm not sure which scholars I study on YouTube, I like to hear what William Craig has to say, I love Bruce Metzger (did love him, RIP), I truly enjoy Gary Habermas, and J.P. Moreland. Although I think I've only seen Dr. Craig and Dr. Habermas on YouTube though.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You should study the Bible jm, it'll shed a ton of light on those commentaries.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I said i was not too fond of the opinions of CRITICS, not scholars.

You call biblical scholars who use form criticism, critics.
You still have not explained who you were talking about here:

For the life of me I cannot figure out why people who say they are Christians listen to the opinions of people who are NOT believers as to what the scriptures say. That's absolutely absurd. People who are spiritually discerned cannot understand the things of the Spirit, including the Word He inspired to be written.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It looks like you are saying Gunkel was not a Christian.
Your slander is against Gunkel, as you sitting in the seat of Satan.
Previously you said, about the people who follow the techniques pioneered by Gunkel, that they are unethical people who will say anything if they are paid.
And I don't want to go digging around for an hour looking for the quote, and I can write whatever I want at any opportunity that presents itself where you engage in your pathological behavior.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

No, the other member was talking about Gunkel, my comment about "unbelievers" referred to Dr. Bart Ehrman specifically, an agnostic. When I want to know things like that I go to Dr. Metzger, he at least is a Christian believer. I don't know enough about Gunkel to know if he is saved or not. If that earlier post was confusing for you, I apologize. And no, I don't think everyone who utilizes form criticism a "critic". Bruce Metzger would be a perfect example.

Your slander is against Gunkel, as you sitting in the seat of Satan.

No, you assumed it was, in error. Were you mad perhaps thinking I had taken your seat? You have no qualms about slandering people or judging people who call Jesus their Lord and Savior. Why do you condemn others for doing the very things you do yourself?

edit on 16-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

my comment about "unbelievers" referred to Dr. Bart Ehrman specifically, an agnostic. When I want to know things like that I go to Dr. Metzger, he at least is a Christian believer.

You do realize Dr. Metzger and Dr. Bart Ehrman co-authored,
The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration,
right?
Amazon
edit on 16-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

my comment about "unbelievers" referred to Dr. Bart Ehrman specifically, an agnostic. When I want to know things like that I go to Dr. Metzger, he at least is a Christian believer.

You do realize Dr. Metzger and Dr. Bart Ehrman co-authored,
The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration,
right?
Amazon

Yeah, they were colleagues even if they differed.

i like this one:

Amazon

Imagine that??!! Someone who likes Dr. Metzger but doesn't care much for Dr. Ehrman.

I'm sure you realize Dr. Ehrman would NEVER answer a question like this: (pg. 75,"The Case For Christ", Lee Strobel)

Strobel: "SO, scholarship has not deluded your faith--?"

(He jumped in before I could even finish my sentence)

Metzger: "On the contrary, it has built it. I've asked questions all my life, I've dug into the text, I've studied this thoroughly, and today, I know with confidence that my trust in Jesus has been well placed."... "VERY well placed."

LOL, could you imagine Ehrman saying that? I'd fall off my barstool if I heard that. "Pass me another shot bartender, we've almost discovered the truth!"

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Golgotha
What is it and why is it in the Gospel account?

Origen Against Marcion Book II (259 AD): A spot there is called Golgotha, - of old the fathers' earlier tongue thus called its name, "The skull-pan of a head".
Wikipedia
Capital, comes from Latin capitlis, which means the head.

Capitoline, the hill on which Jupiter's temple stood
www.thefreedictionary.com...
The reason I bring this up is that I am reading a book, Revelation 19 in Historical and Mythological Context (Studies in Biblical Literature), by David Andrew Thomas, and he compares the procession of Jesus going to Golgotha, with the Roman triumph where the victorious general would drive before him the captive enemy leader to be executed at the capital, the site of Jupiter's temple.

edit on 26-5-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join