It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diegans Cry "Down, Down, with Bashar" More Propaganda By CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Look at the photo such a Rally! what a small support for the Syrian Rebel/ Terrorists

Source CNN

I wonder who has been brainwashing those protesters?

shared these photos shot by his nephew of a recent protest rally he attended in San Diego against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, who has come under international scrutiny for his recent crackdown on protests in the country. 'We had two purposes: To sustain the exposure of the crisis in Syria to Americans and reassure those in Syria that the world does care about their plight,' he said. 'Protesters (like most of the world) see Assad's government as the cause of this carnage, and for the protesters, to stop the violence means to stop him.'

: To sustain the exposure of the crisis in Syria to Americans and reassure those in Syria that the world does care about their plight,' he said. 'Protesters (like most of the world) see Assad's government as the cause of this carnage, and for the protesters, to stop the violence means to stop him.'

So protester Why didn't the world cared for Rwanda?

And look at this funny line!

The protest included Americans, Moroccans, Egyptians, Iraqis, Palestinians, Lebanese, and Koreans - some of whom were park visitors, and were moved to join the walk to add their voice to the calls for justice
The protest included Americans, Moroccans, Egyptians, Iraqis, Palestinians, Lebanese, and Koreans - some of whom were park visitors, and were moved to join the walk to add their voice to the calls for justice

Really so Moroccans, Egyptians, Iraqis, Palestinians, Lebanese, and Koreans - some of whom were park visitors just were standing there all of sudden they decided to join? people wont join protests unless you offer them something in return like free food and money.

This is the same Propaganda that was used against Libya after and during the protests whats next Protesters in Canada and America storming the embassy of Syria?

The Title San Diegans Cry "Down, Down, with Bashar" reminds me of "Down, Down, with gaddafi" haedline on iReport on about a two years back.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well now I hate to be the party pooper for the masses who think Assad is the second coming of the Devil himself, but I agree entirely with the OP here.

I always wonder when seeing demonstrations like this, how many of those chanting could answer a half dozen serious questions about the nation they're yelling about? Top 3 cities by size? Timeline of Assad taking power and the history of the family regime doing much much worse in the past? I know...how about a simple one.

I wonder...if we stripped all the names away and zoomed/cropped in so the obvious cul-de-sac nature of the Med Sea is removed and a simple shoreline is visible.....How many could literally find Syria on the map?

My guess....40-50%...and that includes the Ex-pats from Syria who would have made a point to attend something like this. Yeah.. What a huge crowd for something that may become a new war those same people will protest next.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change. . .

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's a small time rally of mostly (if not 100%) Muslim people in the US, San Diego.
What did you expect?.. Millions? Violence?

Just because they are reporting this protest/demonstration does it mean that this is propaganda?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well now I hate to be the party pooper for the masses who think Assad is the second coming of the Devil himself, but I agree entirely with the OP here.

I always wonder when seeing demonstrations like this, how many of those chanting could answer a half dozen serious questions about the nation they're yelling about? Top 3 cities by size? Timeline of Assad taking power and the history of the family regime doing much much worse in the past? I know...how about a simple one.

I wonder...if we stripped all the names away and zoomed/cropped in so the obvious cul-de-sac nature of the Med Sea is removed and a simple shoreline is visible.....How many could literally find Syria on the map?

My guess....40-50%...and that includes the Ex-pats from Syria who would have made a point to attend something like this. Yeah.. What a huge crowd for something that may become a new war those same people will protest next.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change. . .

Just a look at so many smiles on those faces is enough to tell me that many of these "protestors" are just doing the "in" thing and having fun for the cameras.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I would ask you to explain why your quote is missing the first and last part, however I think we both know why you left it out. The pictures are not from CNN, at all.

They ARE from - SDS - San Diego Syrians, which is noted in the opening quote. For reference it would be the part you intentionally left out.

This is what you quoted, taking creative liberty to remove parts in order to make this into something its not. -

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

shared these photos shot by his nephew of a recent protest rally he attended in San Diego against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, who has come under international scrutiny for his recent crackdown on protests in the country. 'We had two purposes: To sustain the exposure of the crisis in Syria to Americans and reassure those in Syria that the world does care about their plight,' he said. 'Protesters (like most of the world) see Assad's government as the cause of this carnage, and for the protesters, to stop the violence means to stop him.'

This is what the entire, unedited, paragraph states -

CNN PRODUCER NOTE SDSyrians shared these photos shot by his nephew of a recent protest rally he attended in San Diego against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, who has come under international scrutiny for his recent crackdown on protests in the country. 'We had two purposes: To sustain the exposure of the crisis in Syria to Americans and reassure those in Syria that the world does care about their plight,' he said. 'Protesters (like most of the world) see Assad's government as the cause of this carnage, and for the protesters, to stop the violence means to stop him.'
- jmsaba, CNN iReport producer

I underlined the parts you intentionally chopped, which altered the context.

Of all people I really don't think you should be criticizing / accusing CNN of brainwashing and pushing propaganda, especially when you intentionally leave out key words / phrases that place the info into context. You intentionally lied by removing those portions noted above and then lied again by insinuating its a propaganda piece by CNN, who has absolutely nothing to do with the group, other than reporting on them.

I use the term intentional because its not accidental when its the first few words and last few words of the quoted paragraph that are missing. That's not an accident - its intentional.

I find it amazing and yet not all that surprising that you would try and call out / accuse CNN of brainwashing and reporting propaganda when you yourself are the one who actually engaged in it and NOT CNN, by lying and misquoting the source.

Is this really all you can do? Are you that incapable of making an argument based on fact, instead resorting to the exact position you accuse CNN of doing?

What is CNN IReport?
Criticism -

IReport and other phenomenon billed as 'citizen journalism' by corporate news networks often offer no pay to contributors including photo and video contributions. While users are granted copyright to their contributions, they often are forced to relinquish control of who uses their work and where their images and video are shown worldwide.[12]

And then we have this part -

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Really so Moroccans, Egyptians, Iraqis, Palestinians, Lebanese, and Koreans - some of whom were park visitors just were standing there all of sudden they decided to join? people wont join protests unless you offer them something in return like free food and money.

You have absolutely NO idea how America works do you? Are the protesters in Syria being paid to protest? Were the protesters in Iran paid to protest? What about during Tienanmen square? What about the OWS movement? Were they paid to protest?

The United States has over 300 million citizens +/-. We have even more when we factor in foreign nationals / exchange students / etc etc etc. What you are failing to understand is the US is a melting pot of nations so yes, we have people living here who are Iranian, Moroccan, Egyptian, Lebanese etc etc etc.

What part did you leave out -

The protest included Americans, Moroccans, Egyptians, Iraqis, Palestinians, Lebanese, and Koreans - some of whom were park visitors, and were moved to join the walk to add their voice to the calls for justice. Protest was organized by the San Diego Chapter of SAC (Syrian American Council) which can be contacted at [email protected].

It was an organized protest, not something spontaneous and yes, there are people who will up and join a protest simply because its something they feel strongly about, regardless of their plans for the day.

I am curious what other threads you have authored where you have done this. Let me explain something to you because you apparently cannot grasp the concept.

You fight facts with facts...

Its a simple concept and goes a lot farther, as well as lends to your credibility, when you use them to support your argument / position / calling out / questioning / etc.

When you fail to use facts, instead resorting to creative editing to support a false claim, you undermine yourself. You undermine yourself not only in the thread, but other threads you start and threads you participate in. When you do this, people tend to ignore / dont take you seriously, which again undermines your goal, which is to persuade people to your point of view based on your argument of the facts.

The result of that is going to be you authoring a thread that is important and valid, only to have it ignored / not taken seriously / dismissed out of hand because people have to question whether or not you are being honest / truthful and fully representing the article you use to support your view.

Also - the title is suppose to be the article title. Again a simple concept to understand, as well as T and C for the site. Please show me where it states "More Propaganda By CNN" anywhere in the article title.

/end rant
edit on 14-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join