It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Time with Bill Maher: Voters In Mississippi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Come on ATS! You're being about as blind as the people in this video. These people vote! They elect the people who run this country! Anyone with any level of common sense should realize that these people should no be allowed to choose who runs the country! That's it. There's no argument , There's no debate. Look , It's no different from people who here god talking to them in their head. You know what we do with those people? We lock them up in mental institution because they are crazy and they a danger to themselves and others.

Off to the loony bin with all of them.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Here is the problem.

You try to justify making choices for these people instead of letting them make their own.

Not at all...I'm just sad for them because they have been guilted into or lied into voting directly against their own well being.

Yes, because the liberals will certainly tell you what's in your best interest - to eat, to watch, to wear, to say, what to buy from whom and when etc. Yes, let’s all get on the liberal fail boat…
How’s the liberal governance thing working out for say IL, CA, and NY – they got some surpluses I understand?

Perhaps they are just normal people with a little self respect?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
Come on ATS! You're being about as blind as the people in this video. These people vote! They elect the people who run this country! Anyone with any level of common sense should realize that these people should no be allowed to choose who runs the country!

I personally think each district should elect a local voting panel. And for Federal elections such as president - - the local voting panels elect a State panel. The panel individuals would not be required to vote as a whole.

You can't take away voting rights - - - but you can change how the system works.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
Come on ATS! You're being about as blind as the people in this video. These people vote! They elect the people who run this country! Anyone with any level of common sense should realize that these people should no be allowed to choose who runs the country! That's it.
Off to the loony bin with all of them.

I'm all for it just make sure you tripple the space for all the Obama supporters out there who are just as crazy and clueless...here's a good one. Register to vote my brothers and vote - Obama! Right on!

edit on 14/3/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I live in Arizona.

You might as well pick up Arizona and place it right smack in Mississippi.

The next person that says race is not an issue with Obama - - needs a reality check. Of course it is an issue.

As is his Islamic sounding name.

Enough with Ostrich mentality.

Geesh what a shallow argument.

So anyone who dislikes Obama does so because of his race or Muslim sounding name?

I can't stand Obama and it has NOTHING to do with the color of his skin or his religion. It has EVERYTHING to do with his policies and the fact that he extended many of the Bush Policies that he spoke out against while campaigning.

But of course it is just easier to blame race and religion than it is to accept and discuss the FACT that the new boss is no different from the old boss even though they are in two different political parties

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I do believe all the white people that didn't vote for Obama specifically because he is not white are cancelled out by all the black people who only voted for Obama because he is black.

What can you do? They are both wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They obviously hand picked either those people or the most redneck town they could find. It would be the same as if you went to harlem and asked about the KKK, expecting the people to be diverse in what amounts to an area occupied by all similar people.

I always liked Bill Maher, but hes going the way of Fox with this one.

reply to post by Reptius

Oh okay, now we are going to start taking away people's right to vote because of their opinion? The same could be said about you seeing as that flies in the face of our right to vote in the first place. Matter of fact, I think even felons should be able to vote, should I have my vote taken away for that or what?

You going to lock everyone else in the US up because they don't share your opinion? Sounds like a dictator to me, I hope you never get into any position of authority.
edit on 14-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I do believe all the white people that didn't vote for Obama specifically because he is not white are cancelled out by all the black people who only voted for Obama because he is black.

What can you do? They are both wrong.

Star for saying what I said but more succinctly –

I think the racists on both sides are just negating one another with this issue.

Racists are stupid, regardless of their politics.

Problem is you can't get the left to acknowledge that racism cuts both ways - talk about Ostrich Syndrome (that's for you Annee!)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Problem is you can't get the left to acknowledge that racism cuts both ways - talk about Ostrich Syndrome (that's for you Annee!)

I already acknowledged racism goes both ways.

Sorry you missed it - - maybe your head was in the sand.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I was teasing - sorry It doesn't come across so well in the internet... (no voice inflection I guess :@@

I appologize it wasn't meant in a mean way.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I was teasing - sorry It doesn't come across so well in the internet... (no voice inflection I guess :@@

I appologize it wasn't meant in a mean way.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I live in Meridian, Mississippi and I can tell you from being here all my life, most people down here are poorly educated, racist, and/or have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to politics.. the only reason Rick Santorum won in Mississppi is because he is a bit of an extreme christian. When it comes to the issues these people are so unaware and don't even care. However, I must say that depictions of the south like the movie "O Brother, where art thou" are a little extreme and only show the bad sides of the south.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Being danced around but going largely unsaid here is that an uneducated populace being allowed to vote is a recipe for disaster. The disaster has been ongoing now since the 50s (when you had to actually read the newspaper to even know there was a political discussion going on) and is accelerating. Now, both parties manipulate the discussions and the issues, have figured out how to use talking points and religious buzzwords, manipulate the votes in districts where things otherwise wouldn't go their way, and install puppets to hide the identities of those really doing the deciding.

I blame religion and teevee. Religion for continuing the utter lack of rational thought that is required to actually ever achieve wisdom or a handle on reality, and teevee for being the greatest mind control experiment ever perpetrated on the human species. Did you know that the 'average' IQ now in the US is not 100 as it should be, but 94 and falling?

Some other observations: 50% of Americans have never been to a dentist, thus the toothlessness. It's not the lack of money for dentures in those people, it's the lifelong lack of dental care. What dentist could survive with a practice down there? There's no money or awareness of the need for dental care. The few dentists that are in those states probably spend most of their day pulling teeth out of hopelessly rotten jaw tissue.

You can find dozens of videos on Youtube with people in NYC and LA being interviewed on the street and the ignorance is just as stunning. Try 'Americans are stupid' for a search thread.

I really wouldn't care how stupid or illiterate these people are, but they are affecting my ability to have a decent government. I really believe the situation is hopeless. I'd love to live in a state that would just secede already but failing that, I've personally seceded. I ignore the government as much as I can and I hope they ignore me. Since there are barriers worldwide to crossing imaginary country borders and emigrating, the whole 'love it or leave it' meme doesn't really work. Sometimes I just wish the president these people love to badmouth so much would cut them off from the government teat for a few years. That would solve the problem in short order. How long would anyone on that video survive without government money?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Being danced around but going largely unsaid here is that an uneducated populace being allowed to vote is a recipe for disaster. The disaster has been ongoing now since the 50s (when you had to actually read the newspaper to even know there was a political discussion going on) and is accelerating. Now, both parties manipulate the discussions and the issues, have figured out how to use talking points and religious buzzwords, manipulate the votes in districts where things otherwise wouldn't go their way, and install puppets to hide the identities of those really doing the deciding.

I blame religion and teevee. Religion for continuing the utter lack of rational thought that is required to actually ever achieve wisdom or a handle on reality, and teevee for being the greatest mind control experiment ever perpetrated on the human species. Did you know that the 'average' IQ now in the US is not 100 as it should be, but 94 and falling?

Some other observations: 50% of Americans have never been to a dentist, thus the toothlessness. It's not the lack of money for dentures in those people, it's the lifelong lack of dental care. What dentist could survive with a practice down there? There's no money or awareness of the need for dental care. The few dentists that are in those states probably spend most of their day pulling teeth out of hopelessly rotten jaw tissue.

You can find dozens of videos on Youtube with people in NYC and LA being interviewed on the street and the ignorance is just as stunning. Try 'Americans are stupid' for a search thread.

I really wouldn't care how stupid or illiterate these people are, but they are affecting my ability to have a decent government. I really believe the situation is hopeless. I'd love to live in a state that would just secede already but failing that, I've personally seceded. I ignore the government as much as I can and I hope they ignore me. Since there are barriers worldwide to crossing imaginary country borders and emigrating, the whole 'love it or leave it' meme doesn't really work. Sometimes I just wish the president these people love to badmouth so much would cut them off from the government teat for a few years. That would solve the problem in short order. How long would anyone on that video survive without government money?

Ya... You just ended up on some list.....

Good luck though!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have to point out once again that to believe in old wives tales and use them to make a point about intelligence is the ultimate irony.
"Ostrich Intellegence"?
Can I simply point out the irony in that ostrich DO NOT put their heads in the sand.
They are intelligent and fearsome beasts that can rear up to 10-18 feet tall and kill a lion with one kick.
They simply DO NOT place their heads in the sand.
That is what believers in old wives tales do, not ostrich.
Irony thy name is *****

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Anyone see the follow-up Friday night where they went to a welfare office in NYC? I felt it pretty well balanced out the one in Mississippi. I may come back later and post a link to it. But it pretty much boiled down to a bunch of folks of color saying "I'd rather get a check than a job." The brief discussion Pelosi and Maher had after showing the video was pretty interesting. Pelosi rightly commented that the only person in the video with a job ( a doorman next door) probably grew up a democrat but that the democratic party is loosing working people to republicans because of the welfare state. I found the two video series better balanced than most of the opinion shows that masquerade as news nowadays.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
I saw this live Friday night, I'm a big Maher fan despite his atheism and liberal biases. They said that they were going to do the same thing in an inner city somewhere soon. we'll see how that turns out though I have my doubts about the partiality of the person doing the filming.

FYI the person doing the filming, if I heard it right Friday night, is none other than Alexandra Pelosi. Yes, Nancy Pelosi's daughter. I will be pleasantly surprised if they get the same level of ignorance on screen from the inner-city when they go there.

well, shocker, alexandra pelosi filmed the same type of ignorance this following week from in front of a welfare office that showed people that only wanted a handout and not a job, and that also was shown on bill maher.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I'm guessing, you didn't see my follow up post right above yours. I've been watching Maher for nearly twenty years, I never doubted his willingness to show something as incendiary about a constituency on the left. I was less certain about Pelosi's. I appreciate both of them for showing some uncomfortable core constituencies on both left and right. I can totally sympathize with Pelosi's statement about the doorman and how resentment toward the entitlement class has cost the democratic party lots of working class votes.

edit on 18-3-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
racist stirring messangers are the reason the messangers would get hanged.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join