It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest Plane Lands In #YYC Today (My City :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Antonov An-225

Wow, REALLY wish I had the day off to have witnessed this; planes fascinate me.
(Not so much on Saturday when I flew across Canada and back in one day, family related trip).

This would have been an incredible sight

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
mad props to the pilot.

i imagine its like trying to land a small building

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I would love to see that plane in real life absolutely awesome.Reminds me of the spruce goose.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ha. At first I Thought it was the 747 used to carry the shuttle about and was gona jump in and say Antonov, then realised that that was the plane in the photo. Hadn't seen one with the Russian shuttle on board before.(Whatever happened to the Russian shuttle?)

Always look before you leap!

Strangely, on checking with that veritable lexicon of correct information, Wiki thing, they show the outlines of the Hughes H4, 747-8,Airbus A380 and the Antonov AN-225 and there is not a lot of difference in overall sizes.

I noted that this plane carried two 42 foot wind turbine blades from China (Tianjing, near Beijing) to Denmark. Sort of weird that I thought, flying blades!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
Ha. At first I Thought it was the 747 used to carry the shuttle about and was gona jump in and say Antonov, then realised that that was the plane in the photo. Hadn't seen one with the Russian shuttle on board before.(Whatever happened to the Russian shuttle?)

Always look before you leap!

Strangely, on checking with that veritable lexicon of correct information, Wiki thing, they show the outlines of the Hughes H4, 747-8,Airbus A380 and the Antonov AN-225 and there is not a lot of difference in overall sizes.

I noted that this plane carried two 42 foot wind turbine blades from China (Tianjing, near Beijing) to Denmark. Sort of weird that I thought, flying blades!

Several months ago there was a thread about the Soviet shuttle-to-be. It was a sad sight, rotting away in an old hanger someplace in Russia. I'll bet you can find it on ATS search (if you can ignore the other crap that comes with that search effort).

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
wiki page - en.wikipedia.org...

Not surprising it's a busy plane given there's only 1 & it's probably got a hell of a structural inspection programme!!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
One of my favorite planes of all time just for the fact of its cargo capacity and its really one of a kind.

top topics

join