It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally heard the noise form the sky!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was taking my dog outside today, it is getting warm here in Maine, and that's when I heard a strange noise coming from the sky. It sounded like wind was being sucked up into the atmosphere, only way to describe it. it was very faint but yep I heard it. No sound recordings as i had to stand still to actually hear it. It did not freak me out, it was just interesting. Yes it is cloudy today, as we are expecting rain today. If I would have recorded it you wouldn't be able to hear it, as it was extremely faint.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Good to know. I am in West Virginia and have yet to hear it. I am still listening though!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by liliththedestroyer
I was taking my dog outside today, it is getting warm here in Maine, and that's when I heard a strange noise coming from the sky. It sounded like wind was being sucked up into the atmosphere, only way to describe it. it was very faint but yep I heard it. No sound recordings as i had to stand still to actually hear it. It did not freak me out, it was just interesting. Yes it is cloudy today, as we are expecting rain today. If I would have recorded it you wouldn't be able to hear it, as it was extremely faint.

So its not the sound people have overlaid on their youtube vids then??

Please dont ban me mods for posting hoax material:

The sound you describe could be anything from a jet engine at a distance, to someone with a lawnmower cutting the grass a few hundred yards away.

How do you know this sound was coming from the sky if it was so faint?

edit on 13-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Originally posted by liliththedestroyer

So its not the sound people have overlaid on their youtube vids then??

The sound you describe could be anything from a jet engine at a distance, to someone with a lawnmower cutting the grass a few hundred yards away.

How do you know this sound was coming from the sky if it was so faint?

trust me it was from the sky..no lawnmowers as there is still a ton of snow on the ground. It was faint to me as we do have traffic flow where I live. I live right across the street from a health clinic. I have yet to hear this sound. The sound would cut in and out, there is no other way to describe it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by liliththedestroyer

At first I fell for this video... one could guess how fake it was since it was too loud and exposed to be true - the same logic applies for too big close-ups of UFOs.

Afaik the reak sounds are very hard to hear and sound far from the hoaxes, You should've used a camera or your phone.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

At first I fell for this video... one could guess how fake it was since it was too loud and exposed to be true - the same logic applies for too big close-ups of UFOs.

Afaik the reak sounds are very hard to hear and sound far from the hoaxes, You should've used a camera or your phone.

It did not even sound close to the youtube ones previously posted. Like I said it was faint and my phone or camera probably could not have picked it up. You guys would not have heard anything. The noise would get a little louder, then get low, and then loud again. It was not scary, just interesting to me. I am wondering if it has been there the whole time and just now hearing it?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Oh no you di un't. Damn it I've been going outside at night for months here in Cali and all I hear is jets from the local airports and military choppers and such. You know that if you hear it once you'll most likely hear it again ?
Get us some records and all the data you can lilith.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i heard the sky sound here in nc a week or two ago. (probably longer than that. lost sense of time due to work). i didnt find it scary or anything either. it seemed kinda enchanting. only thing i can relate it to is if godzilla was roaring some 15-20 miles away

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Oh no you di un't. Damn it I've been going outside at night for months here in Cali and all I hear is jets from the local airports and military choppers and such. You know that if you hear it once you'll most likely hear it again ?
Get us some records and all the data you can lilith.

Yeah, it is interesting, don't know what it is?? The sound actually reminded me of a time when I was cleaning my kids room, back in 2005, and I heard would sounded like air leaving the room. It was the only time in my life that i heard something like that. It was like a vacuum sucking up the air, this is what the sound reminded me of. I heard this at 2:30pm. I went back outside 15 minutes later and heard nothing, just rain, and normal outside and non outside noises. I will have a listen tomorrow if I can, I have a 6 week old baby and getting things done is hard these days.

I also thought I was the last person on ATS to hear these sounds and I have been listening to them on youtube since last year, and this fascinates me!!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yeah, it is interesting, don't know what it is?? The sound actually reminded me of a time when I was cleaning my kids room, back in 2005, and I heard would sounded like air leaving the room. It was the only time in my life that i heard something like that. It was like a vacuum sucking up the air, this is what the sound reminded me of. I heard this at 2:30pm. I went back outside 15 minutes later and heard nothing, just rain, and normal outside and non outside noises. I will have a listen tomorrow if I can, I have a 6 week old baby and getting things done is hard these days.

Awe, congrads on the six week old. I know you have your hands full.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hmm interesting.

I yet to here it and I am in Minnesota. It is getting warm here as well with temps hitting 70F+ on the weekend (finally). So I will listen to see if maybe the temp has something to do with it.

S/F

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow I thought that topic was done..

Well here you go then

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Holy crap that sounds bitchen. Thanks Hellas.
Debunked to the bone.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

'Finally heard the noise form the sky!'

Far away thunder.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My partner and I have also heard the strange noise in Otisfield,Maine, a very rural, backwoods community with no traffic. It happened last April around 10pm. It lasted for over 20 minutes and whatever it was did not move. It sounded like a cross between a tuba and a jet engine coming from the sky and the resonance from it vibrated through both of us, very intense and scary. It made me feel very small. I had told my friend who lives in Raymond. She was awoken to the same noise in August and hers lasted for about 15 minutes.. The one thing that I logically can say is that we live on a very mineral rich area, lots of quartz deposits. I often think about everything we do to the earth in regards of mineral extraction,shifting around magnetism throughout the earth and even worse all the wifi, cellular and other radioactive technology that has come into fruition over the past few decades and how this is effecting our earths core and better yet, our bodies..
edit on 20-3-2013 by permie32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2013 by permie32 because: had to add that we dont have traffic or other populated area related noise, very quiet part of Maine

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thanks for caring enough and taking the time to post this ltd. Wonder why the MSM is so hush hush about something that is very widespread?

By the way I think Maine is the prettiest place I've had the pleasure of visiting. And the people are so nice, I thought that I'd landed on another planet. (are you all set?) Congrats on the new born!

edit on 20/3/2013 by htapath because: I wasn't all set

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

No new born here , but yes I am very grateful to live In Maine. We have a wonderful community!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by permie32
reply to post by htapath

No new born here , but yes I am very grateful to live In Maine. We have a wonderful community!

My comment was aimed at the original poster, liliththedestroyer. But that's ok.

Can you guys hear anything coming from the sky presently?

new topics

top topics

join