It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"U.S. high-tech experts descend on Israel to discuss their brave new world."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is my first thread, so take it easy on me.

I searched and didn't see anything posted.

Apparently these high-tech scientists had a meeting in Israel to discuss their "brave new world," where they envision technology and humans integrating, at least that is what I took from it.

A team of American high-tech experts arrived in Jaffa on Sunday to discuss their belief that the world is on the threshold of an unprecedented technology revolution that will radically alter our way of life.

Source - haaretz.com

Singularity can be defined in various ways, but it is first and foremost a concept describing that time in the not-too-distant future - Singularitarians say as early as the middle of this century - when artificial intelligence will supposedly overtake human intelligence and entirely transform the development of the human species. Futurists are promising, for example, that our life spans will be extended by decades or even centuries, that the human brain will be dramatically enhanced with the help of drugs and computers, that computers will make a whole host of decisions for us, and that we will also have an inexhaustible supply of energy. In short, it will be a completely new world.

Source - haaretz.com

Overall, I'm still not sure how I stand on this subject. I find it to be inevitable, with the way we're already heading, but the conspiracy theorist inside me is yelling "red flag!" What do you think ATS?
edit on 12-3-2012 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: added

edit on 12-3-2012 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah - you present a good thread and certainly one that needs looking at.

They have their plans all worked out and have done for a very long time - they won't be getting anywhere near me with any bacteria sized chip that can be given in a vaccine so that they can control me like a computer - no thanks.

Information gathering is all connected with this # - yeah guess it's going to be taken up by the sheep who will think it's the next best thing to sliced bread.

Here's an example of information gathering by the Robots that already exist and in the future they will have the Robots being big brother to the Robots.

www.youtube.com...

There's our first star and flag for your first thread - You raise a good point. S&F
edit on 12-3-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think all this new tech is awesome!

Except I really don't think this planet will remain all too habitable by mid century for them to be realized here on earth.

I personally hold a belief that the elite will jump ship and take most of the best gadgets and gizmos with them, leaving the rest of us to fend for ourselves.

That's the reason why I'm working to start making big monies.

I'm just trying to get my kids (to be) a ticket off this rock before this place turns into a true state of hell.

That's my take on it all, but I could be way off the mark.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

I'd rather die human than die a damned cyborg.

Thats all i have to say.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What's so detestable about being a cyborg?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The fact that someone would have the ability, eventually, to "hack" your cyborg body, would be a fear of mine.

Or the ability to just "turn off" someone who is "integrated" with technology. I mean at the rate we're losing civil liberties, who's to say what the government would be able to do to people exercising what they felt were their personal rights in a cyborg type society.

But, also, at the rate at which we're advancing in technology, this seems somewhat inevitable. Hopefully things work out in the favor of the masses, as it should.

new topics

top topics

join