It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of 2012 Megaquake Warning Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
As a former Mid-Westerner I had no idea that the state I grew up in could indeed produce such a huge Earthquake as what happened in 1811. I had never heard of the New Madrid fault line, until near the last year I lived there and packed up and left, and yes, that helped me to decide to move elsewhere that, and the cold weather. ha,ha. I also knew I would never choose California, beautiful state that it is.

How many of you are prepared for whatever Natural Disaster plagues your current state?

Terence Aym

The next Megaquake would affect up to 160 million people, severely damage or destroy most of the supporting infrastructure, topple one or more major cities, potentially kill tens of thousands, and make a million or more homeless within a matter of mere minutes.

Now, ominous evidence points to an imminent Megaquake: volcanic venting, spewing acrid plumes miles high into the atmosphere, has been observed and photographed. Worse, the many ancient Midwestern volcanoes are re-activating—and farther west the grandaddy of Utah's volcanoes is waking from its long, restless slumber...

edit on 12-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change words

edit on 12-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 12-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
signs of a new ATS member freaking out when they learned that they could die one of a million new ways in the next 2 weeks. that's what this thread should be called.

at this point...i could probably send half of ATS into their bunkers by eating a bowl of chili.
edit on 3/12/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Death is everywhere.

I cannot prepare for such a cataclysm, so why spend my time worrying over it?

I'm not trying to ridicule your thread, OP. It just seems like a new disaster is always around the next corner.

Que sera, sera...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Oh my gosh, you've got me just about to pee. Very very funny.

I do not mean to distract. Please excuse me, It;s Monday and I am so glad to be alive.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
signs of a new ATS member freaking out when they learned that they could die one of a million new ways in the next 2 weeks. that's what this thread should be called.

at this point...i could probably send half of ATS into their bunkers by eating a bowl of chili.
edit on 3/12/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

So the best way about it is to pick on the OP for making a post. sad.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a lot of us had never heard of NewMad until the last year or so; ditto Yellowstone Caldera. even the mainstream media outlets (History channel, Nat Geo) are examining these situations.

where I am on the Least Coast, hurricans are the worry, with some anxiety towards blizzards and the occasional tornado. and yes we had the little quake last year...
the science types are saying when, not if, on NewMad, so it's not a bad idea to take some precautions. evacuating in advance is not a bad way to deal if you can afford it. I knew guys in the Navy that refused to go to the west coast for fear of quakes.
welcome aboard, this is a good place to share your concerns. search around and you will see you're not alone.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

'Failing to prepare is preparing to fail'

You can prepare for anything it's simple really.

Think of X disaster then plan according to all known variables. Like this:

CSZ ruptures a 8.0-9.5. Think what could happen? Such as 'Power outage. Have flashlights and or candles.' Then get those things you will need IF said disaster does happen. Have escape routes. Meet points for friends or families Ect.

It's not worrying, it's insuring your prepared not just physically but mentally to have the best chance to survive whatever does happen.

For those that say "This will never happen in my life" well you may be right but to think that is blind ignorance and wishful thinking. You have every right to think that to just as those who post threads of possible doom have the right to post the possible doom they perceive.

The Madrid will rupture that's almost certain barring some outside source taking the Planet out it will happen. Just as the CSZ where I live. Will they rupture within the next 50yrs? Perhaps not BUT they COULD.

It's smart to be informed and aware of things to prepare accordingly. "Stay alert stay alive"

edit on 12-3-2012 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mosheh24

Great comment!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Thanks!

2nd

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosheh24

Perfect single sentence summary!
I live in an area of the world that isn't very prone to disasters. We have a minimal risk of cyclones, bush fires and big storms but the risk is as I said, minimal.
Doesn't mean I'm not prepared for those and many other disasters that aren't associated to where I live. Mother nature is more unpredictable than my ex fiancé, and that's a big call believe me

It doesn't hurt to be prepared and the learning experience gained for not just myself, but my two young children, really is invaluable. We actually have a lot of fun doing it. Especially when it involves camping and surviving off the land.
Knowledge is denying ignorance!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosheh24

You can prepare for anything it's simple really.

Think of X disaster then plan according to all known variables. Like this:

CSZ ruptures a 8.0-9.5. Think what could happen? Such as 'Power outage. Have flashlights and or candles.' Then get those things you will need IF said disaster does happen. Have escape routes. Meet points for friends or families Ect.

It's not worrying, it's insuring your prepared not just physically but mentally to have the best chance to survive whatever does happen.

For those that say "This will never happen in my life" well you may be right but to think that is blind ignorance and wishful thinking. You have every right to think that to just as those who post threads of possible doom have the right to post the possible doom they perceive.

The Madrid will rupture that's almost certain barring some outside source taking the Planet out it will happen. Just as the CSZ where I live. Will they rupture within the next 50yrs? Perhaps not BUT they COULD.

It's smart to be informed and aware of things to prepare accordingly. "Stay alert stay alive"

edit on 12-3-2012 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for pointing this out.

I will admit, Monday wasn't my best day. Apologies to all.

You can be prepared for some emergencies. Although this will bring out the flamers, I actually used the FEMA website as a guide on how to prepare for an emergency. We have the items needed to survive a couple of weeks.

The point I was trying to make, and didn't make, was that if I thought about everything in the world that could destroy us, I would be paralyzed with fear. It just seems to me that I can't stop a volcano from erupting, an earthquake from happening, etc., so I'm not going to spend a lot of time worrying about it. Worry gets me no where.

It is smart to be prepared.

join