It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to a 1918 science magazine, the Earth would transform into a pyramid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
In the May 1918 issue of the youth science and current events periodical My Magazine, an unnamed author played it particularly fast and loose with geophysics when he declared that the planet was slowly becoming a pyramid. "What sort of people will live on the tetrahedron?" screamed the author in the headline, somewhat accusatorially. The short answer? Bad poets.

According to the author, the continental structure is evidence that our planet is evolving into an inverted pyramid with the Arctic Ocean becoming a perfectly flat expanse from the Yukon to Scotland to Siberia. The Earth will naturally cool and contract such that it takes up the least amount of space, every other aspect of tectonic design be damned:

io9.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

that's really interesting, but I don't see why straight lines would be preferred over the sphere in the presence of gravity??

That's a baddazz picture

edit on 3/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
That would give another meaning to the phrase " I live at the corner".

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid
In the May 1918 issue of the youth science and current events periodical My Magazine, an unnamed author played it particularly fast and loose with geophysics when he declared that the planet was slowly becoming a pyramid. "What sort of people will live on the tetrahedron?" screamed the author in the headline, somewhat accusatorially. The short answer? Bad poets.

According to the author, the continental structure is evidence that our planet is evolving into an inverted pyramid with the Arctic Ocean becoming a perfectly flat expanse from the Yukon to Scotland to Siberia. The Earth will naturally cool and contract such that it takes up the least amount of space, every other aspect of tectonic design be damned:

io9.com...

If it were true, then the particles in our atmosphere would already look like pyramids, and so would our heads! The gravitational forces of the universe somehow do not follow the pyramid trend.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
According to others, the Earth is flat...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Must have been their version of the National Enquirer??

Personally, I think it would be cool to live on a giant guitar pick

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Thats true, nothing in nature is a perfect corner or straight line. So why would the Earth ever do so?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
conspiracy of science IS THE WORLD GROWING on youtube strange but true

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So where exactly would the center of gravity be in this world?

It seems that the tilt of the axis is completely ruled out in this proposal

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hello to all

Am I the only one for the moment to notice that the new "center" of this pyramidal Earth would be "North America" surrounded by three oceans and no others continents? (except South America)

Ahum sorry but I think this is one of the best inward-looking theories I've ever read.....
edit on 12-3-2012 by Bennogob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by Droidinvoid

that's really interesting, but I don't see why straight lines would be preferred over the sphere in the presence of gravity??

That's a baddazz picture

edit on 3/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

well .. given that we know %.00000000000000000000000000000000000001 of the available data about the universe(s) and their "laws" .. (including gravity) ..
and seem to conveniently exclude cintrifugal force from spinning masses in space (like planets)
we fail to include a 'hollowing out' process for said space bodies.....

and keeping in mind the massive formation of the HEXAGON VOID of gasses at the north pole of Saturn (if you don't know about it google it) ... possibly some process of harmonized waves of force caused by it's moons or hula-hooping motion of the Saturn Systems many bary-centers hitting a synchronicity...

then i can't see why something like this COULDN'T.. in the eventuality of all possibilities in infinite time and space.. actually occur...

i'd see the need for a few more moon-size satellites around earth for this to be possible though.. just as if Saturn's hexagon may be responsible via the theory i just presented above.. so would the Terra-modulating process in order to form a planet-tetrahedron....

being SUPER- SPECULATIVE here though... that's what makes these types of fringe concepts so fun... if you CAN apply any amount of logic to them.. they're all the more interesting. whether possible or not.

but then again .. in infinite time and space given infinite knowledge and power... ANYTHING.. even planet sized tetrahedrons are possible

if this has ANY actuality in the "biblical New Earth" ... I wonder if this has any throwbacks to the original concept of the Jewish "dradel" ... kid's "spinning top" toy.

edit on 3/12/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

that is badass.

new topics

top topics

join