It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats going on with the sun ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

any thought on whats going on with the sun ?

edit on 11-3-2012 by maritimo69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Already posted

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

link please?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

That's pretty wild looking. Could be a shadow from the flare, or a lens reflection.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm not a scientist but my best uneducated guess would be that the sun burped.

You would think by having public access to SDO and SOHO would reduce the paranoia associated with the sun killing all mankind. But in fact, it encourages it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maritimo69

Looks like a fresh CME, aka solar flare.

EDIT:
Just checked a few sites, only one mentions it:

Filament and Prominence Liftoff
Today we have a very tightly compacted solar filament tube off the southeast limb. Filaments are large regions that contain very dense, cool gas, held in place by the Sun's magnetic field in the Photosphere Region. These Solar Filaments can sometimes last for several days or months. Filaments and Solar Prominences are the same type of event. This type of event is considered a prominence when it is located off the limb of the Sun and appears bright against the darkness of space. It is called a filament when the cooler gas inside makes it appear darker against the background of the Sun.

UPDATE: A prominence lifted off in the southeast quadrant and a bright plasma cloud is seen racing away from the Sun. Because of the location, the expanding CME will not be directed towards the Earth. Image is below.

www.solarham.com...

edit on 11/3/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

BECOMES THIS:

edit on 11-3-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maritimo69
reply to post by samlf3rd

link please?

www.abovetopsecret.com... Sorry:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
spaceweather.com...reply to post by maritimo69

All kinds of sunny delights ....nice pic,this is just the beginning

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maritimo69

Still cool, I don't think his video shows the explosion. I agree the sun is going mad.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by maritimo69
www.youtube.com...

any thought on whats going on with the sun ?

You've been here for awhile...what are YOUR thoughts?

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

thank you jude! don't you just love the folks who've been around several months and still post threads with minimal fluff? you can tell they are just going for stars and flags. they wanna hurry up and get it in there before someone else does.

so....they post some kinda slightly interesting news and then feel the need to hype it up in their thread title and give you absolutely no info on whatever it is they are posting, chances are cuz they barely read any of it. and then end the 1-2 sentence thread with a question, asking for participation.

it's quite obvious who is actually trying to communicate ideas and stories and who is seeking to have their egos fulfilled with popularity.

Originally posted by boncho

You would think by having public access to SDO and SOHO would reduce the paranoia associated with the sun killing all mankind. But in fact, it encourages it.

right? i know absolutely nothing about all these charts and graphs...so...i don't effing read them. i wait until i see someone who does know how to interpret them, interpret them. be like handing a fire hose to a retard and him freaking out like you handed him the fire.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

That's because without the benefit of a proper education in this field, it allows all of us armchair viewers to panic and flap when when we see something normal and natural!

new topics

top topics

join