It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jupiter venus and mars are visible tonight guys.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Jupiter and venus are to the south west here and mars is on the east for those who want to check it out!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AvireX

And where are you situated?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
St. johns, nl. canada.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ive noticed Mars the past week, Noticed Jupiter and Venus right next to each other yesterday and today, Located in Netherlands.

Wasn't sure if it was an airplane to stat of with yesterday, Jupiter and Venus were so bright and so early on, it was a weird and awesome sight.

Gunna miss looking up and seeing the Red Planet every night when it dips bellow the horizon again.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The 2 are right next to each other now, clear night here tonight and the 2 are setting fast.

meanwhile mars is still there very faint in color like a dark brownish red tint. not as bright as venus and jupiter.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
they've been easily visible for quite some time now, even mercury to a point.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Tonights been the first night really where sky has been clear, always so damn coudy !

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The moons looking rather awesome tonight too.
(23:22pm as of this moment in the UK) I can see the moon out the window just coming up behind the houses.... it's got a mirage effect about it, looking bigger than normal and a very dark orange glow to it.

Great night for telescope viewing.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Mercury should be visible on the western horizon as well. I have been getting some great views of the planets lately. I've been spending 3-4 hours a night behind my telescope. The night sky is great this time of year.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here in Australia, we've been able to see them for a few days. It's really cool how they stand out more than the rest of the stars, I recommend anyone who can see it, have a look at the sky tonight.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Seems there will be a conjunction of venus and Jupiter tomorow night here in the UK or northern hemisphere. This happened when Jesus was born, astronomers say, as the Bethlehem star shone so bright because of they cam together but in those days it was not recorded as this. They beleived it was a giant star that was not seen on ny other night but the day that Jesus was born. Astronomers beleive it was in March as in the bible it says that the shepherds were in their fields when the angel came down to tell them about him. But even in modern days, shepherds only lie in the fields in March because of the lambing season, so it was not December but March that Jesus was born on.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Go out and look

jupiter and venus closes they have been in a long time.

just looked out on the east coast, looks amazing
www.washingtonpost.com... gIQAPbLk7R_story.html

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
if you live in the pacific northwest, nothing is ever visible when it rains for a week straight.

top topics

join