It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest Warns Obama: Better Knock the Catholic Church Out NOW

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Much has been made during this presidential cycle about the abortion issue, particularly by candidate Santorum and more recently by the left (they paraded out Sandra Fluke wanting free contraception while attending law school
).

While I understand that our current economic conditions, high unemployment, cronyism, and the usurpation of power by our government should remain at the forefront, the issue of abortion (particularly abortion and contraception funded by taxpayers through Obamacare) is going to once again be an issue this election cycle simply because of the 4 supreme court seats up for grabs over the next 4 years.

If you have @8 minutes I urge you to watch this video because Fr. John Hollowell’s monolgue should be a wakeup call for the pro-life crowd and others. The video gets good after minute 2:30 where he really goes after Planned Parenthood and the pro-choice “culture of death” as he says they will be seen as the “slave traders, the Nazis, the Communists and all those groups that seek to oppress people.”

He goes on to warn Planned Parenthood and President Obama: “You better knock us out right now” because “I can promise you - Here comes the Catholic Church ... you’ve awakened a sleeping giant.”

“Priests and bishops that have in the past been content to remain quiet are no longer so. ... The Truth is being rained down everywhere. ... Here comes the Catholic Church.”

What say you?

Do you believe taxpayers should be funding nationalized healthcare and abortions/contraceptives especially at a time when our nation is trillions in debt?

Does this issue matter to you at all? Should it?

Will your vote be strictly about the economy and jobs or will this issue play a role in your decision making process this November?

Doesn't the issue of life and death extend far beyond the realm of religious ideology?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You know, at first I was on the Catholics' side.

Then, well then I remembered that those same priests like to touch little boys...

Now, well now I don't really care what happens. I am still "kinda" on their side, but I want to see karma in action. Sorry, but I am human.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think that there should be a public option for healthcare (which would include contraception) for all in America and it could be afforded for a fraction of the cost of the wars/over sea presence.
So we end those and we can have it and it wont hurt anyone.

A public option would give people that can't afford insurance healthcare, but it would also allow people that can afford it to see whatever care they want and let them buy the best if they are afraid public healthcare = inferior healthcare.

Everyone would win. We should be taking care of people here at home. I pay taxes, but I can't afford health insurance, there are millions like me and we deserve it.

Also.. I would love to know what contraception and "the pill" have to do with abortion?
edit on 11-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

You know, at first I was on the Catholics' side.

Then, well then I remembered that those same priests like to touch little boys...

Now, well now I don't really care what happens. I am still "kinda" on their side, but I want to see karma in action. Sorry, but I am human.

Despite your lack of respect for the Catholic church, what are your views on the issues at hand? This really has little to do with the Catholics other than they will be leading a charge against these issues.

Should taxpayers fund abortion and contraception? Should we be spending money on personal responsibility issues while trillions in debt. Do you care?

By the way, all priests are not chester the molester...that's a generalization, sir.
edit on 11-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think people as a whole should learn to simply mind their own and not mind everyone else's on personal private matters such as to birth control or not, to pro life or pro choice and /especially/ who one happens to fall in love with.
The entire world has issues much greater than these silly things to worry on, truly.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Do you believe taxpayers should be funding nationalized healthcare and abortions/contraceptives especially at a time when our nation is trillions in debt?

No I don't think it should be tax payer funded, however I would rather people used contraceptives then had abortions.

+39 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by adigregorio

By the way, all priests are not chester the molester...that's a generalization, sir.

Just like not all Muslims are terrorists, right?

Oh poor Seabag, what must it be like to live in your world of constant contradictions. Praise Jesus. Kill people. Unless they are babies. In America. Then let them grow up and dont help them at all.

Also yknow what? I dont approve of tax exemptions for religious institutions. So why is this organization mooching off of my land for free and attacking the President? Especially when the Constitution proposes a direct seperation of this organization from my government?
edit on 11-3-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

“Priests and bishops that have in the past been content to remain quiet are no longer so

Since when?

Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
And condoms and terminations aren't that expensive. We should be able to pay for those out of pocket if needed. Just to clarify a bit more for the op's question. The former should be made available to everyone openly. The latter on an 'as needed' basis as there are many numerous reasons why that would be a sad thought to have to ponder going through. I trust if having one was necessary, the lover, friends, family would try to help if it was an issue getting 500 - 700 dollars up, you know? Anyway, the latter /is/ no ones business but those who are going through it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I think that there should be a public option for healthcare (which would include contraception) for all in America and it could be afforded for a fraction of the cost of the wars/over sea presence.
So we end those and we can have it and it wont hurt anyone.

A public option would give people that can't afford insurance healthcare, but it would also allow people that can afford it to see whatever care they want and let them buy the best if they are afraid public healthcare = inferior healthcare.

Everyone would win. We should be taking care of people here at home. I pay taxes, but I can't afford health insurance, there are millions like me and we deserve it.

There are obviously many reasons for high healthcare costs but, generally speaking, adding coverage for things like abortion and contraception are not helping to lower costs, are they?

Will these issues play a role in the way you cast your vote? Is it important to you that we protect the pro-choice view in the supreme court, because that could very well change depending on who wins?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Despite your lack of respect for the Catholic church, what are your views on the issues at hand? This really has little to do with the Catholics other than they will be leading a charge against these issues.

To be fair I lack respect equally in this topic. As for them leading a charge, that is fine and dandy but as we all should know (US citizens that is) Church, and state, are to be seperate.

So their bandwagon would be moot, since it HAS to be seperate from the states descisions. If they want to join with the state (non-profitness) then they must either jump off of the religion claim, or start offering the option to pop pills. (Also, telling them to offer that option is not forcing their workers to USE that option.)

If a worker was to use that option, well that takes us to confessional does it not? Something between the sinner and their God, not us and our morals.

Should taxpayers fund abortion and contraception? Should we be spending money on personal responsibility issues while trillions in debt. Do you care?

We do now, just not for churches. Or can I not get free rubbers in high school? What about free BC pills from planned parenthood? We do know that free is never really "free"? Someone pays for those raincoats and pez.

As for me caring, not really a point. What I mean is, what does my caring matter? It mattered in my faulty reasoning in my first post, because of the whole human flaw (also mentioned in said post) Here, well my caring is of little consequence.

Aye, but does not the catholic church protect the molestorS? The same church that is crying foul now? Just sayin'
edit on 3/11/2012 by adigregorio because: (Also not, TO (Also,

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

adding coverage for things like abortion and contraception are not helping to lower costs, are they?

What is cheaper?

A condom?...or an entire lifetime borne from destitution, and all of its effects on everyone and everything?

Isnt a condom like way less than a dollar in bulk?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I think people as a whole should learn to simply mind their own and not mind everyone else's on personal private matters such as to birth control or not, to pro life or pro choice and /especially/ who one happens to fall in love with.
The entire world has issues much greater than these silly things to worry on, truly.

It most certainly is my business when my healthcare is more expensive so that others can have abortions and contraceptives provided to them.

Not to mention the objection by Christian hospitals who are going to be forced to provide services that go against their views and the protections they have been afforded.

I thought we had a free market? Why should a private hospital be forced to provide a service they don’t want to provide?

Would it be OK if the government mandated that all restaurants in the US must provide tofu simply because a few Americans like it?

edit on 11-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

When the pope goes on to cover up child molestation by moving the accused from region to region. I'd have to say sir, this is not a generalization.
P.S. You change your Avatar more often than I change my socks. I do like this one however. I also liked the military ones you have used in the past, as it denotes your affiliation.
brice

+3 more 
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
Aye, but does not the catholic church protect the molestorS? The same church that is crying foul now? Just sayin'

Read about the institutions for native children they had in canada....forcefully removed children from their homes and made them live at schools, where they were sexually abused and it was covered up for years....

Yeah, the poor Catholic church. Possibly the largest most organized group of monsters to ever roam the planet. Im really wanting to hang out with those guys.

link   
So then there we go. Make it a simple opt in or opt out. One wants the coverage because they're extremely active, then they're covered (pun??). If they don't want it, they don't need it.

But yes, Church and State are separated. That's a mandatory thing. Dunno why the Church is trying to step over that line. Not everyone respects/wants the State telling them what to do and not everyone respects/wants the Church telling them what to do.

I keep thinking this is the Puritanical times reviving.
I'd much rather relive the 1980's, thanks.
I'd even put up with that hideous hair and clothing than Puritan Times.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by brice
reply to post by seabag

When the pope goes on to cover up child molestation by moving the accused from region to region. I'd have to say sir, this is not a generalization.
P.S. You change your Avatar more often than I change my socks. I do like this one however. I also liked the military ones you have used in the past, as it denotes your affiliation.
brice

He has a fantasy he is a Knight Templar, a crusader. It has to do with his military conquests and his personal crusade against Islam.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No I don't think it should be tax payer funded, however I would rather people used contraceptives then had abortions.

Agreed!

However, how did we as a nation get along without free contraception for the last 230+ years? Should the government also provide gloves to people in the north every winter to prevent frostbite? That's a health issue, right?

I just think this is a personal responsibility issue.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i]reply to post by seabag

You do realize there IS FREE CONTRACEPTION NOW.

Through HS Health classes, you can get Condoms.

Through planned parenthood you can get BC pills.

I am sure there are other ways that are tax payer (gasp, helping others how dare we!) funded.

Free Rubbers!

TeenSource.org is funded in part by the Federal Office of Population Affairs, Title X grant and the California Wellness Foundation.
Additional money has been provided by the California Endowment and the American Civil Liberties Union.

edit on 3/11/2012 by adigregorio because: Moving links

edit on 3/11/2012 by adigregorio because: External content

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

There are thousands of priests globally. What percentage are molesters? 1%? 2%?

Don’t hate!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join