It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping conditions related to dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

So last night I slept on an air mattress. It was cold, uncomfortable, and I did not sleep very well to say the least. I slept in an unfamiliar place in which I had stayed once befor, but was not drunk or under the influence of any drugs. Also, there were two clocks that were ticking that were annoying the crap out of me and the more I thought about them the more they annoyed me.

I finally got to sleep after a couple hours of tossing and turning and my dreams were horrid. I had one dream in which I was driving with my girlfriend and two of my other close friends. We got into a car accident and I was the only survivor and had a very guilty conscience throughout the entire dream. I felt extremely anxious and I woke up in a cold sweat.

My next dream I was at class and my professor asked me why my eyes were so red and the professor, who is actually a very nice and personable professor, accused me of being a demon and I was shunned into some sort of demon room where several kids on campus who were possessed were all in. Now, this scared the S*** out of me because all the kids around me were possessed somehow, but I was not. Ultimately, the demons ate me alive and I woke up after one of the demons snapped off my main heart artery.

So, I guess my question to you guys is: Does your sleeping conditions and environment affect your dreams? I mean I was in no way uncomfortable with my surroundings, just uncomfortable conditions.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
yes it does, the easiest one to point too is having to pee and dreaming about that or water. the other one is incorporating noises from real life into your dreams, like distant alarms. both of these happen regularly to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hi op

i seem to have trippy dreams
when i fall asleep whilst the tv is blareing

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

Yes, I understand that. I guess let me rephrase my question. Would your dreams be more pleasant sleeping in a comfortable bed as opposed to a bed that is uncomfortable?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

Yes, it definitely does for me at least and i have also heard of others who say the same.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I definitely find that sleeping in a cold room makes my dreams way more trippy, and that when my body is cool I end up remembering a lot more of my dreams than usual.

join