It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a new scope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I picked up a Ruger M77 Hawkeye Alaskan in .375 Ruger last week,and now I need to get a appropriatte scope. I'd like to get something in a 1.5-6x or 2-7x,preferably in 33 or 36mm objective. The rifle will not likley be shot under hunting conditions at over 300 yards,so thats all the power I need. Also, it will be carried where the possibility of encountering large nasty carnivoures is real, so I like the low power,wide field of view option. The recoil is significant but not brutal,so the scope needs to be able to handle it and maintain zero. I'm really hpoing I can get in under $250(canadian) so if you have any idea's,let me know.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Nice rifle like that deserves a more expensive scope, but Leupold is a respected name that carries a few models that fit your requirements. Weaver's nitrex optics are a little pricier but rugged. Good hunting..

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have a Leupold VARI-X 2 in 3-9x 40 on a 338 Win mag. It has held up great for over 13 years. I would recomend them. I used it for moose in Alaska under all conditions. Just MHO

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would like too suggest, that you should not pay under $400 for a scope. Like the old saying goes: You get what you pay for. I like dealing with Natchez Shooters Supply. Natchez sells a whole bevy of refurbished scopes. The most preferred scope in a price range of say --- $600 thru $800 --- is the recoil proof Nikon. I like the African Nikon's in 1.1 x 4 power, German #4. Natchez still might have the refurbished Safari Nikon for sale but I doubt it. You need a quality scope for a quality gun, like the Ruger 375.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

new topics

top topics

join