It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent solar activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
With all the buzz about the new x class flare(s)? that hit us all I have read is that it just brushed us. What would have really happened if it would have smacked us right in the face? It's obvious that we had no major issues but like I said according to the experts it was a glancing blow. Are we all really prepared for a massive solar storm?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

Were supposed to get hit with more I forcasted....golden plastered skies and tin foiled tukes:duh

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Probably not, the Sun was once worshipped as 'God " perhaps because of hand me down folklore/secriptions of its destructive past activity?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
With all the buzz about the new x class flare(s)? that hit us all I have read is that it just brushed us. What would have really happened if it would have smacked us right in the face?

Not much at all, really.
Yes it was an X class flare, but not a really powerful one.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Probably not, the Sun was once worshipped as 'God " perhaps because of hand me down folklore/secriptions of its destructive past activity?

It's fairly common that people worshipped the sun and other elements here on earth that gave/sustained life. To them that was common because they couldn't explain it and they got to live.... Back to space and the sun is it possible for the sun to get so pissed that it could blow away our atmosphere? I know it would have to be one hell of an event but hey anything is possible.....

new topics

top topics

join